Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

KnackChap

On 3/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, Heaven Angel said:

also, what setup/party members are you using to get by on normal difficulty? I got my arse kicked in one battle. Only Red XIII was the last one standing and finished the job (barely). I feel he's the strongest in party. Sometimes perform better then cloud.

I generally try to keep Barret in my party for long range attacks, as the other party members sorely lack that. Agreed that red xiii is stronger than cloud. Aerith seems useless in this one, very weak attacks. I just keep her in my party for Pray and healing wind

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I generally try to keep Barret in my party for long range attacks, as the other party members sorely lack that. Agreed that red xiii is stronger than cloud. Aerith seems useless in this one, very weak attacks. I just keep her in my party for Pray and healing wind

I was thinking to keep the same party throughout but the enemies get's a bit tricky when you progress, forced me to change my party. From Tifa/Aertih to Aerith/Red and now I'm running with Barret/Aerith just mainly because suddenly the games keeps throwing elevated enemies at me. Tifa and Red only has 1 or 2 attack combos for air but devs made cloud an all rounder this time. He get's all the job done. 

About Aerith, her magic powers are the life savers, heals the party, does elemental pressure on enemies. She isn't a heavy hitter like Tifa but she's an excellent support which is really useful.  

I just started with ff7 remake since out was on ps+ extra, still in chapter 3.  Is that like a prequel to this ? Or is this the gfx enhanced version of ff7: remake ? 

Edited by Ne0

22 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I just started with ff7 remake since out was on ps+ extra, still in chapter 3.  Is that like a prequel to this ? Or is this the gfx enhanced version of ff7: remake ? 

You are playing Part 1. This is part 2.

Interesting, so ff7: remake is not really a complete remake of the old game. That itself looked like a pretty long game to me considering it’s a jrpg. Guess the sequel will have to wait until next year or discount.  Even that ronin game looks good from previews so far,  so many games to  play so little time !!

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Interesting, so ff7: remake is not really a complete remake of the old game. That itself looked like a pretty long game to me considering it’s a jrpg. Guess the sequel will have to wait until next year or discount.  Even that ronin game looks good from previews so far,  so many games to  play so little time !!

It can't even be called a proper remake. It's a very innovative concept actually. If you've played the old FF7 you'll notice something is wrong through-out the game, until you find out more about it (Won't say more for spoilers). But suffice to say - FF7 Remake is a full-length game. It will take you as much time to complete as a full game (Including the story), so SE is not actually cheating players or anything. Also, Part 2 (Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth) is not the end of the FF7 saga. There will be a Part 3 some time in the future as well (Already announced - Some time in 2026 or 2027 release is my guess).

Don't try to binge these games btw. They're full length AAA JRPGs and you'll get burnt out. If you're starting Part 1 - I would say play it, then wait for a bit (Some other games in interim) and then go for Part 2. Part 1 (FF7: Remake, especially the Intergrade version with Intermission DLC) is an amazing game and deserves to be played. It deserves it's 89 meta. But whatever you do - don't play Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth before you've played Final Fantasy 7: Remake Intergrade and it's Intermission DLC.

Honestly, it's true that one should play the remake including DLC before rebirth. But it's not entirely necessary. The things which I didn't liked in remake they've changed/improved it in rebirth which made it more likeable than the previous entry. You'll see the changes instantly if you've played and if not then the game does a decent job putting the parts together to understand the characters and the world. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Honestly, it's true that one should play the remake including DLC before rebirth. But it's not entirely necessary. The things which I didn't liked in remake they've changed/improved it in rebirth which made it more likeable than the previous entry. You'll see the changes instantly if you've played and if not then the game does a decent job putting the parts together to understand the characters and the world. 

You'll miss out on the story though - if you play Rebirth before Remake. The story is a huge part of all FF series. Playing the OG FF7 is not good enough for you to dive directly into Rebirth too. And the  Remake summary sequence they added in Rebirth is poor. It does a very bad job of telling the story and captures none of the emotions of Remake's story at all. It's decent as a memory refresher if you've already played Remake some years ago, just to brush up on the story. It's not good at all for a new player to directly skip Remake and jump into Rebirth. Not to mention - it tells nothing of Intermission's story which is very important too.

Edited by roun90

I'd add watching summary of FF crisis core (or playing the crisis core remake if possible), that story is common to old Ff7 and the new trilogy. Introduces a lot of characters we see in FF7 games. 

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

You'll miss out on the story though - if you play Rebirth before Remake. The story is a huge part of all FF series. Playing the OG FF7 is not good enough for you to dive directly into Rebirth too. And the  Remake summary sequence they added in Rebirth is poor. It does a very bad job of telling the story and captures none of the emotions of Remake's story at all. It's decent as a memory refresher if you've already played Remake some years ago, just to brush up on the story. It's not good at all for a new player to directly skip Remake and jump into Rebirth. Not to mention - it tells nothing of Intermission's story which is very important too.

Ofcouse you'll miss all the details and emotions if you skip remake but the summary of the remake in rebirth is good imo. It gives you the gist of what cloud and other characters are and have done. Yes they completely ignored the intermission story but I think if anyone wants to know in details about the remake and do not want to go through the whole game it's better to take YT's help. There are dozens of videos. 

I saw a poll where majority of players directly jumped to rebirth without playing remake. Even IGN addressed it. 

It's going to happen almost same with the next installment of FF7 as well. 

6 hours ago, roun90 said:

It can't even be called a proper remake. It's a very innovative concept actually. If you've played the old FF7 you'll notice something is wrong through-out the game, until you find out more about it (Won't say more for spoilers). But suffice to say - FF7 Remake is a full-length game. It will take you as much time to complete as a full game (Including the story), so SE is not actually cheating players or anything. Also, Part 2 (Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth) is not the end of the FF7 saga. There will be a Part 3 some time in the future as well (Already announced - Some time in 2026 or 2027 release is my guess).

Don't try to binge these games btw. They're full length AAA JRPGs and you'll get burnt out. If you're starting Part 1 - I would say play it, then wait for a bit (Some other games in interim) and then go for Part 2. Part 1 (FF7: Remake, especially the Intergrade version with Intermission DLC) is an amazing game and deserves to be played. It deserves it's 89 meta. But whatever you do - don't play Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth before you've played Final Fantasy 7: Remake Intergrade and it's Intermission DLC.

I’m playing on ps5, whatever the version is on ps extra, is that intergrade? 

6 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I’m playing on ps5, whatever the version is on ps extra, is that intergrade? 

The PS+ Extra version is FF7 Remake: Intergrade (Check that you're downloading the PS5 version only. They also have the normal PS4 version on there! The Intergrade PS5 version has performance improvements, resolution improvements etc.). But I'm not sure if the Intermission Story DLC is included in that. You'll have to download and check. Anyways that DLC is to be played only after the base game is done. So if it's not included and you like the game, you can buy just the DLC after you finish the game I guess.

Game is getting better at each point. Played Queen's Blood tournament and a surprise entry of Red XIII was too good. New enemies and boss fights keeps the combat fresh.

Reached Costa Del Sol and the spotlights goes to Tifa and Aerith in this one. 

Only good shots 

Spoiler

GILUXSyXYAIHO-p?format=jpg&name=large

GILUKflWUAEG0Eq?format=jpg&name=large

GILUhstXIAAOFUr?format=jpg&name=large

GINWg0VWEAAOlFu?format=jpg&name=large

GILUhw1XwAA5yhd?format=jpg&name=large

GILUsZ8WoAA3FIh?format=jpg&name=large

GILUigHWQAAx2HT?format=jpg&name=large

GINWgypWoAAZrnu?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2