House of the Dragon Spoiler Discussion Thread

STICK3Rboy

All spoilerific discussions of the show go here - thoughts, opinions, memes, jokes, what have you.

So if you aren't caught up on the latest episode or don't want to be spoiled by the official previews of the next immediate episode, please refrain from visiting this thread. You've been warned!

That said, NO BOOK SPOILERS ALLOWED (and that includes retroactive spoilers for HotD from the Game of Thrones show).

Have fun!

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Goddamn what an episode f**king loved it. 

The acting from everyone is just so f**king good. When they were mourning at the funeral could really feel so much tension in the air, like there was a calm before a storm. And then sh*t really went down with Aemond getting hisa eye out and then Rhaenyra getting stabbed my Alicent.  Again superb acting by everyone in that scene especially Alicent. 

Even if the episode ended there it would have been enough for me but then the last 5 minutes happens :panic:  I really thought they killed Leanor holy sh*t. So glad he's alive. I thought Rhaenyra went full Walter White. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

When they were mourning at the funeral could really feel so much tension in the air, like there was a calm before a storm.

Yeah, there was such little dialogue in that whole sequence and yet it was so engrossing.

Also, it was kinda sad seeing Viserys call Alicent as Aemma. These little touches add so much to the character. The guy really loved her and by extension has a soft spot for Rhaenyra.

20 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I really thought they killed Leanor holy sh*t. So glad he's alive.

That would've been some ice-cold sh*t from Rhaenyra if she really had gotten him killed (especially after what he had said in the prior scene).

That random servant dude who got killed and burnt though :sadbye:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Bro at this rate they'll reach Danaerys in no time. Just settle down and tell a story ffs :doh:

There's apparently a lot of ground to cover. I read somewhere that the first 8 episodes are pretty much just the prologue. The time jumps will likely stop after that.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

6 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

There's apparently a lot of ground to cover. I read somewhere that the first 8 episodes are pretty much just the prologue. The time jumps will likely stop after that.

Have read the books partially and there is enough left for another 5 seasons of current quality and no time jumps.

At the same time they are starting production of 10000 ships apparently, which is the 2nd spin off and revolves around the princess nymera.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1