AtheK

Gaming PCs

Hi Guys,

I hope I am not repeating a question. I am considering buying a gaming laptop instead of assembling a gaming pc from scratch.

The reason is so that I can save on space.

I needed some advice on whether or not this is a good idea. My budget is around 60k.

I am not planning to purchase a monitor.

Moreover, I am not an avid FPS player. But I love games such as tomb raider, arkham asylum, indies and platformers. Light steam gaming for fun. Need the system to watch content on TV and play games on the same.

Looking forwards to some devil's advocates!

Btw, how's leeco TV 55Inch?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Guys,

I hope I am not repeating a question. I am considering buying a gaming laptop instead of assembling a gaming pc from scratch.

I needed some advice on whether or not this is a good idea. My budget is around 60k.

Moreover, I am not an avid FPS player. But I love games such as tomb raider, arkham asylum, indies and platformers. Light steam gaming for fun. Need the system to watch content on TV and play games on the same.

Cheers,

Ben

60000 won't get you a gaming laptop capable of running any newer games. Better to go with a pc or perhaps a console.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

How much space do you have because ~60,000/- is definitely not suffice for a decent laptop for gaming purpose.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Ben

I'll speak for leeco being an owner myself.

At the price the value is unbeatable. Having said that the product is flawed enough to make you choose a reputed brand, major ones being build quality and after sales. If you are willing to compromise and maybe look at upgrading when 4K hits maintream (like me) get it.

• Like 1

60000 won't get you a gaming laptop capable of running any newer games. Better to go with a pc or perhaps a console.

Hey true that, I agree.. Might invest in a PS4 in future. Currently have the PS3..

Does that change the opinion.

How much space do you have because ~60,000/- is definitely not suffice for a decent laptop for gaming purpose.

I really don't want to bulk up my room. I guess I just have enough for a chair in there

In the sense, I cannot put a decent computer table, no matter how small.. I was interested in mini itx. But I don't have enough information of how upgradeable they are from the GPU point of view etc...

I do have a PS3. Will invest in a PS4. But I am not too keen on expensive games.. looking forward to games with Max content such as last of us, Drake's trilogy, umvc3, Tekken etc.

Open to advice wrt mini micro comps.. thanks

I really don't want to bulk up my room. I guess I just have enough for a chair in there

In the sense, I cannot put a decent computer table, no matter how small.. I was interested in mini itx. But I don't have enough information of how upgradeable they are from the GPU point of view etc...

I do have a PS3. Will invest in a PS4. But I am not too keen on expensive games.. looking forward to games with Max content such as last of us, Drake's trilogy, umvc3, Tekken etc.

I'll speak for leeco being an owner myself.

At the price the value is unbeatable. Having said that the product is flawed enough to make you choose a reputed brand, major ones being build quality and after sales. If you are willing to compromise and maybe look at upgrading when 4K hits maintream (like me) get it.

Hey bro, thanks.. how bad was the after sales.. where are you put up? I am at Bangalore so am being a little optimistic.. should I be worried?!?

Do you use the TV with consoles. I am planning to hook up my PS3 and sometimes comp.. hence the question about a portable gaming pc/laptop

I didnot buy a gaming pc for the exact same reason. I don't have space in my home for a pc at all.

I would suggest you to get a ps4. Since you are entering very late, you can buy most games for cheap. Also, most games can be bought pretty cheap in sales especially on us Psn.

Also, I was a ps3 gamer too and I can assure you you'll be blown away by ps4. There is a night and day difference. It doesn't hold water to a gaming pc but is pretty good for us peasants.

Hey bro, thanks.. how bad was the after sales.. where are you put up? I am at Bangalore so am being a little optimistic.. should I be worried?!?

Do you use the TV with consoles. I am planning to hook up my PS3 and sometimes comp.. hence the question about a portable gaming pc/laptop

I am from Bangalore too. I had this thing where the TV will not display at 4K 60hz from my rx 470. Their CC doesnt even understand the issue and just hangs up, tried calling 5 times for 2 days each time same treatment. Then all the news of 85% layoffs and other things started to make sense.

So its a lot on Luck here, a gamble worth taking. But it will have its consequences.

PS: I desperately needed a phone upgrade but got this instead. cheaper than an iphone 7 :P

I still am thinking of buying the Leeco TV. I would also buy a smaller TV (~ 32") for the bed room. Mostly would connect the PS3 and PS4.

So here goes, I am digressing. WRT TV, can anybody suggest what's good as a budget gaming TV.

Secondly and more importantly, I am now having second thoughts about the laptop after reading the suggestions above. Given the budget between 45-60K, whats a good computer to build which

• Has small form factor
  • Is portable. AS IN I must be able to remove and plug it in to my TV

I am not an avid gamer but I would love to play some big titles on the PC once in a while. So what options do I have.

I could probably invest in an external graphics card in the future. Aargh :O:O:wallbash::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I could probably invest in an external graphics card in the future. Aargh :O:O:wallbash::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

That will cost more than the cost of building a half-decent µATX build right now. What kinds of games do you want to play on the PC?

That will cost more than the cost of building a half-decent µATX build right now. What kinds of games do you want to play on the PC?

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Tomb raider

Injustice

Moral Kombat

Shadow of Mordor

Indies and platformers mostly

Guacamelee

Ori and the blind forest

Transistor

Etc...

So yes, the external GPU was over kill..

I guess I need something that is future safe yet affordable..

Moderate gaming..

And you are based out of Bangalore?

How many years do you plan to keep this PC and would you be open to upgrades down the line (like adding RAM or a hard-drive)?

In short, yup to both - Am in B'lore & I am open to upgrades over time.

The last time I built a PC, I thought I future proofed it for about 5 years. I built the comp in 2009. But it was a DDR2 ram era. So just within a few years (or months if memory serves me right :P pun intended! ) DDR3 kicked in and I was stuck with a MB that didn't support it.

I upgraded the GPU though, and pushed in a USB 3.0 pci-e chip for faster transfers.

So my biggest concern of course is to be future proof. I still play games on the PC i built. I played Arkham Knight on it (of course with all the glitches).

To summarize,

• I need a system (PC or Laptop) to be future proof
  • I really need it to be easy to carry and plug and play from room to room. Hence was banking on laptops
  • I want it to play the games mentioned above and future titles that are combat and story based
  • Mind boggling lifelike graphics is not important. It just musn't look like I am plying with legos or minecraft while playing new titles.
  • I will have my console (PS3 and hopefully PS4).

I think I'll invest time trying to learn what will and won't fit a micro gaming pc. Can I build one within 60K? Will it be future proof? while searching for parts (such as MB, RAM, GPU etc.) what must I look out for?

Try this cabinet if you want it to be easily movable: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202

Build a PC around its specifications. Costs 7K though (Sold by Amazon Export LLC)

Ask Alpha17 if it's a good idea or not. I am not an expert at these.

Mini itx is too constrained if I am not wrong. The parts cost would be a problem. And I guess the parts like gpu would need to be small. Plus limited upgrade choices.. That's why I was looking for at the last a micro setup..

Try this cabinet if you want it to be easily movable: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202

Build a PC around its specifications. Costs 7K though (Sold by Amazon Export LLC)

Ask Alpha17 if it's a good idea or not. I am not an expert at these.

Mini itx is too constrained if I am not wrong. The parts cost would be a problem. And I guess the parts like gpu would need to be small. Plus limited upgrade choices.. That's why I was looking for at the last a micro setup..

Hey man, sorry for the delay in response.

You are true about certain aspects of the m-ITX format, like your choices are slightly constrained and the components themselves are more expensive but you can install a full-size GPU on them now and even in that chassis that Panda has suggested.

I would concur that you should look at µATX builds though because of the selection and more importantly the availability of various components in this space. I am assuming you are keeping aside ~50,000/- for this build, in which case the following components are what we should look at,

Intel Core i5 7400 / 7500 series CPU

GIGABYTE B250M-D3H

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB x1 2400MHz RAM

ZOTAC! GTX1050Ti

Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W PSU / Seasonic M12II 520W PSU

Cooler Master MasterBox 5

Hard-drive capacity of your choice

I am not adding an SSD and a display as this itself is going to strain the budget, if you have any queries PM me. =]

• Like 1