The Sales Charts Thread

Interms of GFX ? Yeah it does.

In your peabrain mind it surely does ! Losers coming up with ridiculous statement

Halo 4 is better than all the shitty Vita games in this matter

I reckon that even if sony sells a torchlight without bulb you'll defend it stating its the best.Such immature children !

Poor PSf**s @!

In your peabrain mind it surely does ! Losers coming up with ridiculous statement

Halo 4 is better than all the shitty Vita games in this matter

I reckon that even if sony sells a torchlight without bulb you'll defend it stating its the best.Such immature children !

Poor PSf**s @!

Ehh ? I was talking in comparision with 3ds and old xbox.

Not 360. [Old Xbox GFX maybe were better i guess dunno much. Apart from RE:R none of the 3ds game come close to Vita]

You need to chill dude. You will end up getting a ban.

I am not a huge fan of Vita anyways though i think it can do better then what it is doing now if Sony fix few aspects of it and some certain titles comming to the system/

LOL. Outside Japan, there was a sales spike ONLY when the firmware could be bypassed. And no, I'm not making this up. The scenario is the same be it India, Singapore, US, or even Europe. The moment distys and retailers knew that versions of the PSP could be hacked, there was a massive increase in sales. During the PSP's heydays I'd get calls from local retailers asking me if current FW could be compromised. If so they'd order more from the disty and sell more.

Resident KIM DOTCOM !!!!1111

feature_megaupload08__01__630x420.jpg

Or a cleverly leaked CFW for a sales bump.

Too early IMO. That would kill any interest left to develop games for the thing. I guess they could patch it in one or two months, but considering the current 2-3 million install base, the damage would be severe.

Considering that the PSP was hacked day one...

The situation isn't even remotely similar. Vita is getting bombarded with competition from mobiles, the PS brand isn't that strong, the product does not have a lot of market desirability based on how people aren't responding to a solid tech that is priced reasonably. Third-parties like Crytek have openly said that they have no interest in developing for the system. Sony have themselves revealed that they're finding it tough to acquire third-party support. I'm not that denying CFW will boost sales a lot, but without a constant stream of software the handheld is pretty much a walking zombie.

It may be advantageous in developing countries like India, but don't you think the install base boost will be pretty insignificant overall in terms of attracting more studios to develop for the system? The PSP was released at a time when the name PlayStation was synonymous with gaming. Vita doesn't have this luxury; if it's hacked within a year before it gets a chance to bloom, it's game over.

Gamescom: PS Vita has sold 2.2 Million Units Worldwide

Sony acknowledged mistakes in marketing the PlayStation Vita as said by Sony PlayStation Germany Chief Uwe Bassendowski at gamescom.

The most important mistake was to lose sight of the younger audience, a mistake they want to make right again. According to Bassendowski they want to change the direction of PS Vita marketing to focus on a younger audience and they want to improve their presence in corresponding media.

Furthermore Bassendowski confirmed that 2.2 million device have been sold worldwide. Specific numbers for Germany were not given.

Source - My link

As a interesting note. By March 2012 Vita had 1.8 million sold.

Source - Eurogamer

So only 400k Vitas were shipped in Q2 2012 :lol:

Very sad numbers indeed

I think things will change post-Gamescom. Probably not in the US market which, for some reason, you believe is the be all and end all of the gaming industry, but worldwide.

Surely things would change ..

You can't expect Vita to go below 400k per quarter .. Even the Dreamcast sold more than 400k per quarter :lol:

And btw worldwide shipments of Vita are

Japan - 850k

US - 700k

Europe - 650k

Vita performed better in US than Japan considering it was launched a quarter late in US

And these are shipped nos...

Units sold much be even lower. :|

Sony cannot sit back and the miracle to happen through software. Drop the price already, there is nothing 'too early'.

Dropping the price won't do anything .. Memory cards are again overpriced

A company like Sony who has posted a marathon loss for consecutive 5 years can't afford to subsidize everything

Vita had highest number of launch titles but still the software attach ratio is one of the lowest coz there are no quality titles

Sony thought they could use PS3 formula of launching dozens of 3rd grade games will save the system , but it didn't :lol:

Archived