Bulovski

The TV Decision Making thread

lol was reading the exact same link.  Thanks :)

sorry for OT and how is this soundbar: https://www.harveynorman.com.au/sony-2-1-channel-dolby-atmos-soundbar-with-wireless-subwoofer.html

already have a 5.1 system in my lounge, just need to soothe down that boom itch for a living room to go with TV :P

7 hours ago, HEMAN said:

If that's PS4 you are covering with the cloth, please don't do that. Awesome Tv btw.

Thanks :bigyellowgrin:  , nah don't worry that's the home theater. Ps4 is connected to my  Bedroom TV iFfalcon 55 (decent enough too)

2 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

well, haven't read too much into tech. so popped in a question.

judging by your comment: the answer is no :P

thanks

QLED is like a typical LED TV. Sounds similar to OLED as Samsung's marketing wants it to. Heck, you can literally see huge stickers posted on QLED TVs saying "No burn in for life" ! I mean, f**k yeah, it's a different tech !

Only OLEDs have burn in issues (virtually non existent nowadays).

so i finally got an offer of 1.94 for B8, including cashback, i was tempted to drop the ball, as main difference is mainly the processor, but hten held back, have asked to be provided with C8 at same price.

6 hours ago, AtheK said:

so i finally got an offer of 1.94 for B8, including cashback, i was tempted to drop the ball, as main difference is mainly the processor, but hten held back, have asked to be provided with C8 at same price.

Would recommend you to go for the C8 as the price difference would be around 10k. C8 has a faster processor and comes with a better stand (projects sound forwards).

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

C8 bro. Ask him if he can give E8 for the same price. :P

3 hours ago, amigoatul said:

Would recommend you to go for the C8 as the price difference would be around 10k. C8 has a faster processor and comes with a better stand (projects sound forwards).

Ya i know, that is why held back. Price difference is 25k, C8 is 2.25. Though ultimately a faster processor won't make much difference for me, as it will be in HT room, and I would always be using a console to play Netflix and stuff. But we want the best :P

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

C8 bro. Ask him if he can give E8 for the same price. :P

E8 is pretty darn expensive :P

Edited by AtheK

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Ya i know, that is why held back. Price difference is 25k, C8 is 2.25. Though ultimately a faster processor won't make much difference for me, as it will be in HT room, and I would always be using a console to play Netflix and stuff. But we want the best :P

E8 is pretty darn expensive :P

The inbuilt Netflix and Prime apps are much faster than any external app. I was surprised seeing the fluidity of the OS. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

How much?

Also if you don't mind me asking, how much should be the viewing distance for a 65 inch tv?

Got a pretty good deal costed me around 1.85, I have a 11 ft viewing distance so shoukd suffice. This is for my HT room, so no DTH only games and movies.