Counter-strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)

Karooo

I dont get this. Whats the point of making a new MP game when all the maps are from the old games? And the game is still running the same engine.

I know they are trying to push CS on consoles (which is still a LOLworthy idea BTW and destined to find a small community at best) but it would have been simpler just to port CS Source with some minor changes and sell that.

They said it's not CS 2. Check the video, looks pretty cool imo.

I dont get this. Whats the point of making a new MP game when all the maps are from the old games? And the game is still running the same engine.

I know they are trying to push CS on consoles (which is still a LOLworthy idea BTW and destined to find a small community at best) but it would have been simpler just to port CS Source with some minor changes and sell that.

The IGN article (http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1190745p2.html) mentions that new maps and new modes may be unveiled later -

Counter-Strike GO is still very much in development, and much of the appropriate polish has yet to be added. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like sprays are going to make it in, but Valve still has a few surprises in store in terms of new maps and game modes.

Maybe it changed in the last few years, the time I used to play it on Steam, there was a huge count of players in 1.6 then in Source.

On Indian servers, CS1.6>>>> CS:S

Everywhere else in the world, just the opposite.

Console gamers will never like CS.....Iam 200% sure.....

Its a game for PC gamers and PC gamers only....

Most of the console gamers are erstwhile PC gamers. They have grown up/old with CS. I think it will do well. I don't think Valve is putting too many resources to the project, they are not competing with the big names. That's why we are seeing a modest digital release.