Ni-OH

KnackChap

7 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Tip: Use the launcher for settings.  

You can adjust most settings inside in system, only things you cannot tweak are frame cap and resolution if I am not mistaken. 

7 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

You can adjust most settings inside in system, only things you cannot tweak are frame cap and resolution if I am not mistaken. 

Yes, right. I quoted that because many were unaware about this. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Oh this out. I think I will check this out. 

You should keep your focus towards X bro. MS needs you! 

This is absolute straight port no optimization for sure. It's just horrible to run. Game has horrible graphics. If you click play after on download in steam it freaking launches in 720p and in game you cannot change resolution. You have to go to installation folder for a separate game launcher which contains resolution settings. In game menu does not work with analog sticks you have to use d-pad. Do not spend a single rupee on this sh*t.   

4 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

So, is the port optimized well or is it direct dump from consoles?

More or less a dump but runs well enough on mid-range hardware @1080p, you can play with keyboard and mouse if you are an octopus. Controller recommended. 

Article coming soon. 

2 hours ago, HEMAN said:

This is absolute straight port no optimization for sure. It's just horrible to run. Game has horrible graphics. If you click play after on download in steam it freaking launches in 720p and in game you cannot change resolution. You have to go to installation folder for a separate game launcher which contains resolution settings. In game menu does not work with analog sticks you have to use d-pad. Do not spend a single rupee on this sh*t.   

Uh! Which game are you playing and what am I? 

The game does not allow switching frame-rate cap and resolution in-game but everything else is tip-top considering this is a Koei Tecmo game. 

The game does not allow switching frame-rate cap and resolution in-game but everything else is tip-top considering this is a Koei Tecmo game. 
if this game runs well on pc.. i dont see a reason to miss it.. just get a joypad and play.. one of the best game of this year.. thoroughly enjoyed my time with it..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

More or less a dump but runs well enough on mid-range hardware @1080p, you can play with keyboard and mouse if you are an octopus. Controller recommended. 

Article coming soon. 

I am playing Nioh Complete Edition. Can you navigate the menu with analog? yes or no?. 

^ I am playing the same game and in-game menu is to be toggled with the D-pad. 

You do not have to enter a different launcher, STEAM gives you the option to launch the game (with settings or sans) to tweak the resolution and other graphical options. 

There is no in-game mouse support but considering this is Koei Tecmo, that is the last thing you should be worried about. I am not going to say this is acceptable but sh*t the game runs better than Wolf 2 currently with its major patch. 

I meant there is a graphic launcher in game install folder that you have to run to change resolution. Its 2017 if a game does not have in game resolution change option then it deserves anyone's money. It does not matter it runs better then the developer's last game. I get the d-pad usage in game but not able to use it main menu is just ridiculous. In engine cutscenes are capped at 30fps. Y tho? 

^ D-Pad is the only way to get through any menus in-game. Even in the main menu. 

Also, again, the game prompts you to start the launcher every time you click on play, you can bypass it but that is not recommended. 

11 hours ago, HEMAN said:

In engine cutscenes are capped at 30fps. Y tho? 

because it's a console port. Else it's a fine port. I was watching a stream using i3 1050Ti card at 1080p .. he was getting 55 to 60 fps almost everytime. He was on 3rd mission. 

My bad I was lashing out without even getting to through the first area. At 4k max settings the game is taxing the hardware really hard. I cannot maintain 60fps all the time. Dips to 45-50fps with every change in direction or camera sway. Lesson learned don't bash any game unless you complete it until the name of the game shown. I'll try 1080p tonight and see if I can get a 60fps lock. Maybe gtx 980ti cannot get 60fps in new games now. 

wKq1JFj.jpg

13 hours ago, HEMAN said:

My bad I was lashing out without even getting to through the first area. At 4k max settings the game is taxing the hardware really hard. I cannot maintain 60fps all the time. Dips to 45-50fps with every change in direction or camera sway. Lesson learned don't bash any game unless you complete it until the name of the game shown. I'll try 1080p tonight and see if I can get a 60fps lock. Maybe gtx 980ti cannot get 60fps in new games now. 

screenshot is just an excuse. you just want to show off that you have cleared the first boss :P

13 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Maybe gtx 980ti cannot get 60fps in new games now. 

It's not about your card but game. 980Ti is still a wonderful card and it'll keep on serving you this gen easily. Not at 4k but 1080p and even 1440p high settings you'll get the best out of it. 

4 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

I'll wait for some patch to enable keyboard mapping

I think you don't want to play this game with Kb/m. The game is made with controller in mind. 

1 hour ago, Django_3101 said:

screenshot is just an excuse. you just want to show off that you have cleared the first boss :P

Lol, No If i wanted to do that I would have posted the bat girl type boss going down and Me finding a nice chinga in blue dress.

Yep, straight port confirmed! No optimization or graphical enhancements whatsoever. That said, runs fine and holds 60 fps locked on my 1070. And in true Koei Tecmo port fashion it took 3 attempts to start the game in proper resolution. Also had to turn off the shadowplay integration as it was causing some issues with cutscene transitions. Overall though, it's quite playable.

Archived