Middle Earth: Shadow of War

PS Fan

better buy Wolfenstein 2 + season pass instead of this potato.

Atleast that will be fun and look gorgeous.

idhar meanwhile it looks like the original SoM,with extra boobs and tits thrown in,and (((microtransactions)))

hope this flops hard and WB finally makes some decent game.

59 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

See if I pay for a game I expect to get the full game and nothing else. Bugs and glitches are okay. Even grinding is okay up to a certain point. However, if you decide to take my money and then say oh, you just have to pay few bucks more to actually finish the game that I have actually paid in full, then *beep* you. Devs use the same excuse some people don't like to grind so for them we implemented MT to help them get a complete experience. I blame Canada. 

When does the preload begin?

yeah, If a pay 60$ for a game then a consumer expects full game, story with all the additions attached to it and not bound to pay more in the name of loot boxes. Hate these greedy assholes. I hope nobody buys their MT's, it's okay if you buy the base game if you want to. 

Heaven

+100

I never buy loot boxes. Iam rank 300 in GTA Online without buying any cash card.  Same goes for MGSV MB coins,  Fortnite and Gears 4 loot boxes. 

I will complete SoW without touching any paid loot boxes. If it's really stopping my progress in main through loot boxes then I will let you guys know or you or HEMAN can tell everyone here if it's really affecting your gameplay.  

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 hours ago, CM Sunny said:

Except they didn't. Not in the way you're referring to. MGS V made you play the last few levels on the highest difficulty with stealth as the intention. That was a good way for someone who might have been going rambo till now or for someone who wants to check how good his stealth skills. It was a skill based extension, a watered down version of how Nier gated its true ending. The mts were limited to the mp mode only and not related to the main game.

Last few levels? No sir. 

To unlock act 2 true ending you have to do following things - 

Complete Total 50 main missions  or  100+  side missions out of 157 plus all important yellow missions. 

I loved playing main missions on harder difficulty but most hated it. Ethan_Hunt, sobbii all absolutely hated the fact that second act was basically repeat of first act  to unlock true MGSV ending. This why MGSV is worst MGS game for many. 

MGSV for many was huge grind, plus single player mode used microtransactions to speed up manufacturing process of base and weapons and also applied to Fob insurance to protect base from invaders. 

For me MGS V is one of the best games of this generation but for many it's one of the worst games of generation which is really shocking coz gameplay is legendary in MGSV . 

Edited by WhiteWolf

It was a messy game. Cant complain too much though.

The first hour was trash but after that its a great sandbox game with some decent missions. I had 20-30 hours of fun in there. And just uninstalled and walked away when it started copying and pasting missions. 

I dont care about the story so I got my monies worth. I can see how it would be a problem for some people though. 

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Last few levels? No sir. 

To unlock act 2 true ending you have to do following things - 

Complete Total 50 main missions  or  100+  side missions out of 157 plus all important yellow missions. 

I loved playing main missions on harder difficulty but most hated it. Ethan_Hunt, sobbii all absolutely hated the fact that second act was basically repeat of first act  to unlock true MGSV ending. This why MGSV is worst MGS game for many. 

MGSV for many was huge grind, plus single player mode used microtransactions to speed up manufacturing process of base and weapons and also applied to Fob insurance to protect base from invaders. 

For me MGS V is one of the best games of this generation but for many it's one of the worst games of generation which is really shocking coz gameplay is legendary in MGSV . 

Way to word it, Out those 50 main mission you already complete 31 missions as a part of act 1/main story. Out of the remaining 19, seven are new missions. The rest 12 are replaying of some of the previous mission in the highest difficulty. If you had a regular playthrough and did some of the important side mission, it wasn't that big of a bother 

I had good high tier recruits in my playthrough. Never felt the base building to be unfair in terms of game completion. Didn't play online so wont comment on it.

It was grindy sure but sow take on it is not to be appreciated by any means.

Edited by CM Sunny

Worth Playing 8.5/10

On the other hand, Shadow of War does a pretty good job of negating the need for loot boxes. Unless you're terrible at subduing orcs, the ones you get from the loot boxes aren't normally as powerful as the ones found in the wild. The same goes for gear, as you'll be fine with the constant flow of gear from killing foes. The bigger factor against purchasing these boxes is the nature of fortress defense. While winning an online fortress battle generates loot, losing a battle doesn't affect you in any way. No items or gold are lost, and your orcs remain alive and well no matter how many battles take place. As a result, there's no pressing need to use real cash to buy a loot box.

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Unless you're terrible at subduing orcs, the ones you get from the loot boxes aren't normally as powerful as the ones found in the wild.

I think he is talking about the silver loot boxes available to non paying players. Did he open any paid boxes before reaching that conclusion? So legendary orcs aren't as powerful as the ones found in wild? :rolleyes:

Also once the act 2 starts, isn't perma death enabled for your orcs?

Edited by CM Sunny

2 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

Woah! Don't be go dropping truth bombs out there. STAHP!

I was looking to get this game, is the performance stable enough on a vanilla ps4?

Fine, I'lll stick to dropping my phone :P

I'll look into the other reviews for the performance bit. Based on the previous game it should do just fine. Didn't experience any performance letdowns for that one.

Edited by CM Sunny

Preload up on Steam: 65 GB

List of DLCs so far:

1. Kraken Content 72'280'581'635 b
  2. HD Cinematics (666840) 
  3. HD Content (561950) 
  4. Tribe Slaughter (561630)
  5. Tribe Blackguard (561631)
  6. The Blade of Galadriel (561650)
  7. The Forthog (580030)
  8. Sword Of Dominion (580090)
  9. Champions of War (580500)
  10. Mithril Content (581773)
  11. Standard Content (581770)
  12. Silver Content (581771)
  13. Gold Content (581772)
  14. Desolation of Mordor (533110)
  15. Starter Bundle (629580)

Additional 4K content adds up to ~95 GB. 

PS4 Pro preload size: 63.93 GB. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

Apparently, some territories such as Australia, New Zealand and Japan will have a different release date.

Although Steam timer is same for all countries. 

PST: 10:00

EST: 13:00

BST: 18:00

CEST: 19:00

ACT: 11:00, October 11

This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 3 hours

_

Edited by Heaven Angel