^^From the comments section..

You could have spent more than 10 bucks on the microphone.

:lol:

----------------------

The VR market has already been saturated.Let's see how many devices actually see success(at least relatively).

Has anyone from here tried a VR device?How does it feel?Is it really the next-step in gaming like 2D to 3D as some people suggest or a potential gimmick that will die in the next couple of years(in terms of gaming)?

Why do you think Zodka is PS4 ready all of a sudden

Lol DOA is only releasing in Japan.. Japan exclusive game.

@ topic

Great price but still not interested right now..

Anyone from IVG buying it?

@ topic

Import is possible, especially when Amazon JP allows worldwide shipping.

@ topic

As if that will stop tharks from buying and playing it lol.

Has anyone from here tried a VR device?How does it feel?Is it really the next-step in gaming like 2D to 3D as some people suggest or a potential gimmick that will die in the next couple of years(in terms of gaming)?

Just like you play a game for first time. It feels different and as if you are inside the environment. Unfortunate part is game gets over after 10 minutes.

This is like first time you saw a 3D movie and were amazed and trying to dodge things coming at you. Then after watching more and more movies you get used to it and don't give a sh*t anymore. Like the first joint, the first trip.

I am afraid that if we don't get good length games / multiplayer games it would be such a waste.

• Like 1

I remember one of my DS3s can no longer play wirelessly because the battery is almost dead after having not used it regularly. I think one needs to use these devices at least once every 2-3 months to maintain battery.

Edited by Ph3N0M

I have used a VR headset, on multiple occasions. The Oculus DK 2 which is pretty much a less polished version of the ~$600 kit you will get (minus the controller).

Right now it is in a much better position than 3D, it has more than the initial wow-factor of looking at stuff and ugly pop-ups going NOW IN 3D in your face.

What will make or break its position is how many games are built to use the technology and how fast can a relatively common piece of kit be standardised, across the major spheres. Also, games have to actually use VR instead of just, hey this is a shooter... in VR. The latter approach might get you some initial traction but is not viable in the long run.

Racers and simulation experiences (flight / mecha) would be the word bearers of the technology if implemented properly.

And yes, first time use, prepare to be nauseated.

• Like 1

But Language is not English..It's all in japanese.

@Phantom

Shadoken will definitely import one :P

Most people who will import it don't care about its language.Also, to the majority Japanese voices sound cuter :P

I have used a VR headset, on multiple occasions. The Oculus DK 2 which is pretty much a less polished version of the ~$600 kit you will get (minus the controller).

Right now it is in a much better position than 3D, it has more than the initial wow-factor of looking at stuff and ugly pop-ups going NOW IN 3D in your face.

What will make or break its position is how many games are built to use the technology and how fast can a relatively common piece of kit be standardised, across the major spheres. Also, games have to actually use VR instead of just, hey this is a shooter... in VR. The latter approach might get you some initial traction but is not viable in the long run.

Racers and simulation experiences (flight / mecha) would be the word bearers of the technology if implemented properly.

And yes, first time use, prepare to be nauseated.

Just like you play a game for first time. It feels different and as if you are inside the environment. Unfortunate part is game gets over after 10 minutes.

This is like first time you saw a 3D movie and were amazed and trying to dodge things coming at you. Then after watching more and more movies you get used to it and don't give a sh*t anymore. Like the first joint, the first trip.

I am afraid that if we don't get good length games / multiplayer games it would be such a waste.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

i also want to try it.Maybe PSVR will be my first VR exposure.

But Language is not English..It's all in japanese.

@Phantom

Shadoken will definitely import one :P

Bro pls , it is releasing in Asia Region with English language.

Story and plot are very important in these games , need to know what exactly is going on :fear:

Edited by Shadoken

PS4 Camera sales up almost 1000% on Amazon.

PlayStation VR's release date announcement overnight has led to a huge rise in sales for its required camera accessory.

Sony announced a £349 price for PlayStation VR last night, though this price doesn't include the required PlayStation Camera or any optional Move controllers – PS4's DualShock is good enough for a VR experience.

On Amazon, sales of the PlayStation Camera are up 975 per cent, seeing its sales rank jump from No.215 to No.20. Amazon sells the camera for £39.

Similarly, the PS VR compatible Move Controller has seen its sales rise by 305 per cent, and a PS4 Camera Stand is also up by 243 per cent.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sales_of_ps4_camera_and_move_controller_skyrocket_after_ps_vr_announcement_2.html

PlayStation VR Processing Unit -- Here's What It Does and Doesn't Do
Retail giant Amazon UK has sold out of its initial allotment of PlayStation VR headsets just minutes after making it available to pre-order. The online retail giant restricted orders to one unit per customer "due to limited stock," but still exhausted stock quickly.

VR competitors like Oculus and HTC have set the bar quite high for how a good VR experience should look and feel; which, considering these two options require a seriously powerful gaming rig that costs two or three times as much as PS VR, makes sense.

So, does Sony's PS VR even come close to the graphical prowess? In a word, yes. But the complete answer as to how the PS4 is able to achieve it isn't totally known at this point. The PlayStation VR's secret sauce lies within the covert black box. We don't know specifics at this point, but I can only conclude that it's responsible for buffering frames and keeping the experience running at 120Hz.

Speculation aside, the experience I've had using the headset has improved each and every time I've had the chance to put it on.

Many of these experiences have been demos or concept games that have been specifically and carefully crafted to show off one specific function of the headset, but thanks to the event at GDC 2016 I can now say that I've tried full-on games, too.

The experiences have varied in levity from casual, playroom escapades to hyper-intense combat and even a horror game for added measure. The system and its specs lend itself to more light-hearted fare rather than the fast-paced, high-intensity ones, honestly, and while the latter is passable it's prone to making you feel more nauseated than impressed.

PlayStation VR is inspiring. As a whole it's incredible, even if there are some hang ups here and there. After trying it for yourself you'll want to experience something like BioShock Infinite or GTA V in VR, and the first few demos and games will give you a little sneak peek of what gaming could be like five years from now.

I say sneak peek because the PlayStation VR isn't quite complete. Tracking still isn't one-to-one and there's still work to be done on the image quality – edges are rough and objects seemed a little less clear than their HD display – but Sony seems clearly determined to iron these out before it comes to market.

For now it's an excellent, if not absolutely perfect, experience that will be fun to show off to friends or play with yourself for in half-hour increments. It might not be the best for long term use, but that's a decision we can visit again when the PlayStation VR comes out in October.

http://www.in.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/PlayStation-VR/articleshow/51434170.cms

Bro pls , it is releasing in Asia Region with English language.

Story and plot are very important in these games , need to know what exactly is going on :fear:

Will wait for your in-depth DOA X3 review :P

@Arpit

Haa waise language ka koi use nahi iss game mein :P

When i saw the price of this psvr...i thought sony is doing ps3 all over again...but then later saw a video by bbc on this and they were comparing it to other VRs....man its even less than half the price of what others are offering it seems.

In any case...would like to try it but no intention to buy it...too expensive for me beside still haven't got ps4 also.

btw the screen when you wear it looks very huge ,right? like cinema hall screen?

Edited by playstation

btw the screen when you wear it looks very huge ,right? like cinema hall screen?

No, it's not huge. In fact, the point of VR is you don't see the screen. It's like a world ( you can see pixels for sure ). Whatever screen size the real world seems to you, it would be same for VR.

• Like 1