Motorstorm: Apocalypse

silentassassin

Er..no. What's the point then? The handling isn't the best nor is the vehicle feel to enjoy just racing. There are plenty of other games for that which do off road much better too. I enjoyed MS1 due to the spectacular crashes. It was completely bare bones but it looked awesome all the time. The crashes made it so much fun to play.

So let me get this straight. You play Motorstorm so you can crash into things? Or is that you enjoy crashing into things because the rest of the game is bad?

Either way, I think you're playing it wrong. :P

And btw, the controls are great, especially once you figure out how to use boost to control the vehicle. Being different from other off-road racers doesn't make it worse.

And btw, the controls are great, especially once you figure out how to use boost to control the vehicle. Being different from other off-road racers doesn't make it worse.

+1 I dont know why the reviewer bashed it, I think the game is as good as its older versions, plus with a few extras like pedestrians,buildings falling,and more chaotic then ever before

the only thing I am hating is the 3d :thumbdown: it was much better implemented in 3d rift

also is it just me or the vehicle handling has improved in this one

That reviewer was me. The vehicle handling was not why I bashed it.

If you weren't annoyed by the poor collision physics (how you would constantly trip over other cars and get stuck to cars when you were alongside them), the (sometimes) confusing track design and the frequent crashes that they caused, you're far more patient and tolerant than I am.

That reviewer was me. The vehicle handling was not why I bashed it.

If you weren't annoyed by the poor collision physics (how you would constantly trip over other cars and get stuck to cars when you were alongside them), the (sometimes) confusing track design and the frequent crashes that they caused, you're far more patient and tolerant than I am.

I knew it was you :fear:

but still it deserved an 8

Pacific Rift was an 8. This could have been better than that if not for the gameplay issues.

In the next game, they better introduce progressive damage. Disintegrating into a hundred pieces each time you hit a rock just doesn't work anymore. Even Burnout games on the PS2 had progressive damage. It's about time they add it in Motorstorm, particularly if they intend to continue to have such busy environments.

The frequent crashes really break the fun, and the only reason you tend to win or be competitive is due to the heavy AI rubberbanding.

Pacific Rift was an 8. This could have been better than that if not for the gameplay issues.

In the next game, they better introduce progressive damage. Disintegrating into a hundred pieces each time you hit a rock just doesn't work anymore. Even Burnout games on the PS2 had progressive damage. It's about time they add it in Motorstorm, particularly if they intend to continue to have such busy environments.

The frequent crashes really break the fun, and the only reason you tend to win or be competitive is due to the heavy AI rubberbanding.

agree on that, but still digital comic cutscenes[trying to add a story of some kind],pedestrians[specially the ones throwing moltoves ] and the track changing due to earthquake and all are also some plus points from previous version, which I dont think were done justice in your review

sorry, in the past I have enjoyed reading yours, and other members reviews but not this one along with black ops,killzone 3, and mass effect 2[ps3]

agree on that, but still digital comic cutscenes[trying to add a story of some kind],pedestrians[specially the ones throwing moltoves ] and the track changing due to earthquake and all are also some plus points from previous version, which I dont think were done justice in your review

sorry, in the past I have enjoyed reading yours, and other members reviews but not this one along with black ops,killzone 3, and mass effect 2[ps3]

Good that you are enjoying the game. What else do you want? f**k the reviews...i dont even read reviews anymore. I believe different people have different expectations from their games, reviews these days dont affect my purchases anymore...Stupid RDR got 9s and 10s....was not even bothered with the game as i knew the wild west setup would be boring for me. Many people said u need to give it a try..i did and now i regret buying it.

<_<

You guys put too much stock in scores. Yall get upset or excited simply based on the scores.

If you read my review of this game, most of what I had to say about it is positive. But instead you guys saw the score and thought it was a negative review. Every good game doesn't automatically deserve an 8 or 9. The scale runs from 1-10 and you're supposed to use that. 7 is by no means a bad score.

And reviews are obviously not meant for fans of a series, because they're going to buy it anyway. They're supposed to help those who aren't fans or don't know about the game.

welcome to the 7/10 era :giggle:

well actually mass effect 2 for ps3 got 10/10

Good that you are enjoying the game. What else do you want? f**k the reviews..

<_<

its the double standards that bug me,for example mass effect 2 for ps3 had some bugs but they were ignored in the review and it was given 10/10

Dibs on anyone planning to sell the game :fear::scarerun:

:chair: buy a new one

Got the game, played for 3 hours straight and only stopped because I had to go somewhere. Man this is just insane fun, even while racing with AI. And that rooftop course is just crazy, I don't know how anyone can play it in 3D without melting their brains. Yeah crashes are annoying at first, but you can avoid them once you get to know the map and get used to the handling. And the game puts you back on track in a second or two, combine that with super-rubberbanding and you're never out of the race because of few crashes.

Good that you are enjoying the game. What else do you want? f**k the reviews...i dont even read reviews anymore. I believe different people have different expectations from their games, reviews these days dont affect my purchases anymore...Stupid RDR got 9s and 10s....was not even bothered with the game as i knew the wild west setup would be boring for me. Many people said u need to give it a try..i did and now i regret buying it.

<_<

Oh phish. Just coz it didn't involve any grinding it ain't yaw type? :eyebrow:

<_<

<_<

normally i would say, "dude, he forgot to say IMO...atleast thats what i think, btw he's entitled to his opnion...BLAH BLAH BLABBBERFAP", BUT, since it's RDR he's spewing sh*t about, i would love to say this, from Man ====> to Boy => that...YSDB :puspa:

good taste. you need to find some <_<

:rofl:

He regrets buying RDR (?!) and you agree with him. :rofl:

:rofl:

:nono:

Goty

truly deserving GOTY bru.

Archived