Motorstorm: Apocalypse

silentassassin

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks mighty tempting... however I got bored with Split/Second once the novelty of the destruction wore off, I imagine this would eventually go that route. Plus I have three barely-played racing games lying around.

It doesn't get boring, and especially not for the reasons that Split/Second did. The environments never start to feel monotonous. My issues with it had more to do with the gameplay itself.

Boring is the last word I'd use to describe this game.

Also, is it noob-friendly? My only experience with the Motorstorm series has been with Pacific Rift which I tried at Prashant's place. And I could barely keep the vehicle on track...

finished the Festival...

Damn the last race is f**ckin hard, the Skyline one. just can't come 1st, had to settle with 2nd place atm.

Qualifying was very easy in almost every race but coming 1st was really hard in some of 'em.

AI is a PITA :|

Overall great game.

New DLC announced

The first is the Mode Editor, which allows players to create and share their own custom game modes. These modes can be played in private play sessions and online, and the most popular creations will be incorporated into the official multiplayer ranked playlists. This sounds very much like what Bungie has been doing with Halo: Reach, where it has been a big success. It also allows the game's content to remain relevant long after release, and prevents people from complaining about online modes not quite offering exactly what they want. While the Mode Editor doesn't offer the ability to create custom tracks, it does at least allow players to set up the kind of game they want to play, whether that's racing or objective based. The Mode Editor will be released as free DLC.

The next piece of content is a new track environment set on an abandoned Alcatraz-style prison island. Like the on-disc environments of Apocalypse, the environment contains a number of different tracks to race around. It'll also be released for free.

Southern and Brayshaw also promised better support for steering wheel accessories in the next patch, saying that they wanted the experience of playing the game in 3D whilst sitting in a dedicated seat and wrestling with a steering wheel to be as good as it possibly can be.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/218769/top-story-motorstorm-apocalypse-dlc-detailed/

Archived