What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

big story behind this fig yaar!

it is nowhere available in tokyo. on the square enix site, it is out of stock. i hv been roaming akihabara every week, but didnt find it. i even tried to get it from rakuten.co.jp (the jap ebay) with help from a jap friend (since the site is fulltu japanese), but it was specified there that the item will change. possibly they were referring to the playarts snake jungle fatigues version (new one) which is just out.

i had liked this sneaking suit version so when i saw at TGS square enix shop, i jumped on it.

MAYBE, square enix has again launched sneaking suit version and now both versions of snake are available. in that case, sneaking suit version will be available in akihabara.

the jungle fatigues version is newly out and it will definitely be available now onwards.

it was 4800yen at TGS.

i forgot to say - thanks :)

and now to be precise-

at the JR akihabara station, come out on the "akihabara electric town" exit.

there is a street on which to the right is a "gamerz" store (5 storeyed) and to the left kotobukiya outlet.

in the same building of kotobukiya outlet, on 3rd floor there is a "yellow submarine hobby base" shop. it keeps square enix goods.

even in the kotobukiya outlet on ground floor (referred above), snake may be available.

but ask ur mgr to see which snake version he is buying.

thanks for the detailed reply dude, i will copy paste this exactly and send him on some work :P

Awesome awesome buy Dredd !!.. :good:

Would love to see your collection !! :cheers:

thanks

collection is mostly metal gear figs, a batpod/batman, revoltech dante and 2 jap anime chicks. thats all :)

@jk

congrats bro :good:

@athek

the kotobukiya store is small and visible only on the ground floor (here it is called first floor). the way up to the "yellow submarine hobby base" shop is a maze. but if u mention the name "yellow submarine " i think it shudnt be a problem.

nice figurine :good: .. but if I may ask, don't the folks at home / the better half look at this kinda stuff in a strange way? How do you manage that? or do you live alone? Just asking..

cos here I'm just 21 and they look at Voyager Optimus Prime and say "Stupid bugger, you're 21 and you have a toy lying around.." :doh:

thanks

warning: this product is an adult collectible. this is not a toy. ages: 17 and up

(its written on the box) :bigyellowgrin:

in my case, they know that i am crazy, so they dont care. moreso, i am 34 so they really really dont care what i do with my yens.

nice figurine :good: .. but if I may ask, don't the folks at home / the better half look at this kinda stuff in a strange way? How do you manage that? or do you live alone? Just asking..

cos here I'm just 21 and they look at Voyager Optimus Prime and say "Stupid bugger, you're 21 and you have a toy lying around.." :doh:

Have some perspective dude. You are part of a Tam Bram family in Chennai. Parental abuse doesnt get much worse than that.

Have some perspective dude. You are part of a Tam Bram family in Chennai. Parental abuse doesnt get much worse than that.

hahaha, I'm fully non-veg, drink regular coffee too.. and not tamilian either.. :lol:

And I don't qualify for Tam Bram in the wildest definition of it... :bigyellowgrin:

EDIT: @DA , Found this for you - http://rkram.blogspot.com/2005/07/tam-bram-on-web.html . First example, totally NOT me. Second example.. well.. maaaaaybe, lets see. And I don't like curd rice or filter kaapi.

They just think "toys" and "figurines" are for kids. Cos my mom sure as hell didn't grow up watching Transformers or anything, and my Dad despite being well read and up to date on everything, is a bit strict about "studying all the time". For them, no matter, what I do, I'm always supposed to do more.

Eg. I got into college via the very first day's counseling in the state and all they said was "good, now go study or finish your application forms". That's it. No fanfare for anything. same case with the internship and paper. :P

Btw I do have something I got recently, looking for a pic so I can post it here (the thing won't be with me for a few months so I'll have to post a generic picture not one taken by me).

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

^^ You're not a Tam Bram?

Must be the Chennai effect then. The city has hard water you know :P

:roflroll:

I'm a mix of stuff. Malayali (I'm surprised you didn't note that when you spoke with me) with a number of religions thrown in. Apart from the desire to succeed at everything without losing that centum (I was branded an idiot at home often cos I ended up with 99% in maths as often as I got 100% :P ) , well nothing else is remotely Tam Bram about me. My folks aren't even from around here.

Chennai effect.. well gf's a tam bram, but I've converted her to my heretical ways too ;)

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

I'm a mix of stuff. Malayali (I'm surprised you didn't note that when you spoke with me) with a number of religions thrown in. Apart from the desire to succeed at everything without losing that centum (I was branded an idiot at home often cos I ended up with 99% in maths as often as I got 100% :P ) , well nothing else is remotely Tam Bram about me. My folks aren't even from around here.

Chennai effect.. well gf's a tam bram, but I've converted her to my heretical ways too ;)

Oye, It' like " What you bought(got ) this week?"

Info on Tam-Brams.. lol

Well well well :bigyellowgrin: