The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

lol, ive been waiting to buy one as well, but for me. A savings a saving

Ya and Diwali is 5 months away, and we re assuming it's gonna be 10k cheaper than this, it's not a guarantee. So the question is , is the 5 months with an OLED worth 10k ?? :censored:

Edited by arjun_sasuke

6 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

As per my understanding,  here.s how it works , whenever you buy it on 0% EMI , the upfront cost is discounted further in the backend , I'm not sure who pays this , the retailer or the bank.

So basically,  now in their system , you have taken a loan of 85k @ 12% interest rates or something ,  and after 6 months your total outgoing inclusive of Interest will be 88k. So basically you are trying to shortclose that loan 6 months in advance , that's why it's only 85k for you now. 

My argument was that you.re better off paying 6 instalments of 14684/- rather than pay off 85k now. 

Arey , I'm not telling him not to buy a tv and invest the money. I'm saying,  don't prepay , and invest the money instead. 

Diwali is still so far away , and I wonder how much of a cost difference can it be then. Minimum of Rs.1 lakh ? Wondering if the wait is worth it for an additional 10k. ( considering that I've been wanting to buy an OLED since the C9 came out :fear1:

Oh nice! Thanks for the detailed explanation. I paid now itself cos who knows when I’ll go broke :P

If you can wait , get the c2 during diwali. But c1 prices will more or less be the same rate as how much I bought for. Cos Croma during diwali 2021 settled for 89k for the 48inch and now too for the same cost.

Not sure if a 55 inch will be 1 lakh during diwali. Try going to some trustworthy shops and see if they offer for 1 lakh

5 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Ya and Diwali is 5 months away, and we re assuming it's gonna be 10k cheaper than this, it's not a guarantee. So the question is , is the 5 months with an OLED worth 10k ?? :censored:

Reading this thread, it seems that the local retailers (including croma, vijay sales, official dealers etc.), often agree for huge discounts over and above the shown discounts? Damn. When I bought the C9 in 2019, I agreed for 1.35L with a soundbar worth 20k free. It was 1.39 online. If I knew this I would've haggled for far more :(

So whats the best strategy for haggling? I am in Pune and aiming for a Sony or Samsung QD-OLED, when and if it launches in India.

Edited by kittoo

22 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Ideal pick up at 60-70K pricing in India 

It's retailing at 1400pounds and dollahs bro 

How will you get it for 60-70k :P

but what amazes me is people use this and a 48 inch C1 as a monitor. How can you so close to such a huge screen.

bc you want burn in for eyes too is it :/

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

but what amazes me is people use this and a 48 inch C1 as a monitor. How can you so close to such a huge screen.

:rofl: I paid probably less for a 65

and this can never be a day to day monitor due to PC nature, only suitable for those with space constraints and viewing distance....

48 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

How will you get it for 60-70k :P

Me who is using 55 inch C9 as monitor right now :fear1:

You get used to it pretty quickly. I dont find it huge at all. Sometimes its actually pretty handy to have 2 apps open side by side on half a screen and work on it. Very helpful.

Not to mention gaming is super immersive when the screen takes your whole vision. 

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl: I paid probably less for a 65

and this can never be a day to day monitor due to PC nature, only suitable for those with space constraints and viewing distance....

I know right. Too pricey for a 42 inch tv.

3 hours ago, kittoo said:

Me who is using 55 inch C9 as monitor right now :fear1:

You get used to it pretty quickly. I dont find it huge at all. Sometimes its actually pretty handy to have 2 apps open side by side on half a screen and work on it. Very helpful.

Not to mention gaming is super immersive when the screen takes your whole vision. 

The screen may later take your whole vision at an older age :giggle: :P

39 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I know right. Too pricey for a 42 inch tv.

The screen may later take your whole vision at an older age :giggle: :P

Damn. Didnt know big screens cause blindness/other issues to eyes. Apart from dryness etc., do they seriously cause major issues?

1 hour ago, kittoo said:

Damn. Didnt know big screens cause blindness/other issues to eyes. Apart from dryness etc., do they seriously cause major issues?

Actually on the contrary , I feel more eye fatigue when I use my phone for a long time , not as much with my TV. 

I have a 50 inch TV and I sit at about 6 ft distance from it. I think the main issues are with prolonged use without taking breaks and all. 

4 hours ago, kittoo said:

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

who said? :ko:

Arrey no one said that guys. But how is sitting so close to a 42/48/55 inch screens any good?  :P Like there are viewing distances standards based on the size of the screen 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

Imo the above sizes mentioned are just too much when you're sitting like right in front of it

5 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Guys suggest a good oled tv from LG. 45-50 inches and should have vrr. What will be the price range? I might get it within a week or two.

I think both LG CX (if available) or LG C1 48 inches fit the bill. C2 is not available in India yet. Should cost around ~85-90k.

There are B1 and A1 also but they lack some features and have lower brightness so HDR wont be as enjoyable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Guys suggest a good oled tv from LG. 45-50 inches and should have vrr. What will be the price range? I might get it within a week or two.

Check the above posts of mine. I got LG c1 48 inch locally for 88k. It has all 4 ports with hdmi 2.1 and there is vrr support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Check the above posts of mine. I got LG c1 48 inch locally for 88k. It has all 4 ports with hdmi 2.1 and there is vrr support.

Can you give a link? On Amazon one 48 inch OLED is for 80k.

45 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Can you give a link? On Amazon one 48 inch OLED is for 80k.

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

That is A1.

Check locally for C1.

Ya don't buy A1 

60hz panel

Buy C1 locally. Online cheapest is 90k on FK . But don't buy online 

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/s2TRWGuuuN

Plus Online you get only 1 year warranty whereas you get 3yrs in offline purchase

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Ya don't buy A1 

60hz panel

Buy C1 locally. Online cheapest is 90k on FK . But don't buy online 

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/s2TRWGuuuN

Plus Online you get only 1 year warranty whereas you get 3yrs in offline purchase

Ya getting offline. So will check C1 in nearest showroom. No other models available right?

53 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Ya getting offline. So will check C1 in nearest showroom. No other models available right?

There is Samsung qn90a but no Dolby vision in that tv and only 2 ports are hdmi 2.1

so is the case in Sony x90j ,..only 2 hdmi 2.1 ports ….very tough to manage if u plan to use Xbox , ps5 and a soundbar 

Also both these tvs are 55 inches

whereas lg c1 is 48 inches (starts  from 48 and goes upto 83 inches) and has hdmi 2.1 on all 4 ports. It’s the best available tv for gaming rn

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1