Bird Bird Bird

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Also, my MTW1 are bitch if you want to move from 1 device to another even if you've paired them to the devices before. Sometimes they lose pairing with my phone, and I've to repair again. No idea if these are present in V2 or there's an improvement 

The 1000XM3s are super quick. I can go from the iPad to the phone in about 3-5 seconds. There's no pairing issue at all. Something to keep in mind. The call quality is pretty good too. 

Edit: Will add - MTW2 and SP800N are not comparable since they are for different people. MTW2 is more of an audiophile system, whereas SP is for fitness (bass boosted, sweat/water resistance, and the wing ear tip). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

If anyone's in the market for TWS, I can wholeheartely recommend Galaxy buds+ especially if you can get the corporate pricing of 8.5k. The sound quality is surprisingly great. I have rha ma750 and galaxy buds+ are a solid competition to even ma750 which is really impressive considering how good ma750 are and they're wired. 

Battery lasts 12+ hours, app works great and never loses connection. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, KWC said:

Can you give a quick review of the monitor? Is it too big?

While I was unboxing and installing it, I was always second guessing whether I should have gone for a 27 inch since it felt massive compared to my previous 24 inch monitor.
But after installing and using it for couple of hours I was slowly able to adapt. It will probably take some more time to get used to but I think its the right choice considering it is a tad bit more future-proof..
IMG-20200628-211333.jpg

IMG-20200628-210952.jpg

The monitor is good enough overall. Not much backlight bleeding. Need to adjust quite a lot to get the brightness, contrast n all to my liking.
Freesync too is working fine with my RTX 2060. Although I couldn't see any huge difference yet. May be because I'm not getting high frames at 1440p with the RTX 2060.

Also I found couple of dead pixels on top right corner. So have requested a replacement. Although this is not very noticable but I thought it would be good to get it replaced at that time. Now I'm thinking what if the replacement unit too has dead pixels and in a more noticeable place and what if backlight bleed it worse than the current unit :fear1:
IMG-20200629-135646.jpg

Edited by goDofWar_skr

35 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

While I was unboxing and installing it, I was always second guessing whether I should have gone for a 27 inch since it felt massive compared to my previous 24 inch monitor.
But after installing and using it for couple of hours I was slowly able to adapt. It will probably take some more time to get used to but I think its the right choice considering it is a tad bit more future-proof..
IMG-20200628-211333.jpg

IMG-20200628-210952.jpg

The monitor is good enough overall. Not much backlight bleeding. Need to adjust quite a lot to get the brightness, contrast n all to my liking.
Freesync too is working fine with my RTX 2060. Although I couldn't see any huge difference yet. May be because I'm not getting high frames at 1440p with the RTX 2060.

Also I found couple of dead pixels on top right corner. So have requested a replacement. Although this is not very noticable but I thought it would be good to get it replaced at that time. Now I'm thinking what if the replacement unit too has dead pixels and in a more noticeable place and what if backlight bleed it worse than the current unit :fear1:
IMG-20200629-135646.jpg

Thanks dude, was searching for a 24 inch to 32 inch monitor size comparison all over the internet but couldn't find it :rofl:

Update : Since I had already made up my mind on replacing it.. thought why not use it till the replacement was scheduled to arrive two days later..
Then donno why but decided to give the screen a small smack/flick at the dead pixel spot.. Voila! No more dead pixel, it started glowing up and working as expected
But then one other pixel somewhere below the previous one turned off.. So gave a flick to that again and it got sorted while another pixel turned off.. After 2 to 3 more flicks now I don't see any more dead pixels :bigyellowgrin:
Seems like the childhood days of smacking stuff like remotes to make it work still applies to modern electronics!

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, eddy4823 said:

deal over now. I had a bit.ly link, I wasn't sure if it was allowed here or not so I didn't paste it here.

Yeah just checked. Says unavailable now.

Did you manage to grab it though? That was a solid deal man haha

On 6/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, goDofWar_skr said:

Update : Since I had already made up my mind on replacing it.. thought why not use it till the replacement was scheduled to arrive two days later..
Then donno why but decided to give the screen a small smack/flick at the dead pixel spot.. Voila! No more dead pixel, it started glowing up and working as expected
But then one other pixel somewhere below the previous one turned off.. So gave a flick to that again and it got sorted while another pixel turned off.. After 2 to 3 more flicks now I don't see any more dead pixels :bigyellowgrin:
Seems like the childhood days of smacking stuff like remotes to make it work still applies to modern electronics!

Ok, I got the same monitor too, I was using a 22" and well it does take some time to get used to it! 

For example browsing on full screen is a no- no! :D, don't really game and haven't noticed any dead pixels yet!

On 7/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, KWC said:

Ok, I got the same monitor too, I was using a 22" and well it does take some time to get used to it! 

For example browsing on full screen is a no- no! :D, don't really game and haven't noticed any dead pixels yet!

Check here - http://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm

Cycle through different colors by mouse click and look for black spots

I'm almost 90% adjusted now within a week of usage. Feels quite normal now..
I have set windows scaling to 125% for general browsing and windows operations otherwise it was too small to read for me
Compared to my previous monitor, I can definitely see more stuff now in games like Destiny and even FIFA looks great

On 6/29/2020 at 1:12 AM, adity said:

If anyone's in the market for TWS, I can wholeheartely recommend Galaxy buds+ especially if you can get the corporate pricing of 8.5k. The sound quality is surprisingly great. I have rha ma750 and galaxy buds+ are a solid competition to even ma750 which is really impressive considering how good ma750 are and they're wired. 

Battery lasts 12+ hours, app works great and never loses connection. 

How are Buds+ with an iPhone? Same experience as in Samsung phones?

Just now, sadge said:

How are Buds+ with an iPhone? Same experience as in Samsung phones?

The experience is the exact same on iPhone. However there is one caveat. Samsung phones have scalable codec which is supposedly better than AAC codec on Iphones but that's about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

The experience is the exact same on iPhone. However there is one caveat. Samsung phones have scalable codec which is supposedly better than AAC codec on Iphones but that's about it. 

That's cool. Not eligible for corporate discount or have referral codes but I can get it for 10k. 

Looks like it's worth it.

13 minutes ago, sadge said:

That's cool. Not eligible for corporate discount or have referral codes but I can get it for 10k. 

Looks like it's worth it.

Not to promote my own post. But if you can get Buds for cheap then I would recommend those. Apart from battery life/mic there is nothing much to spend more on the plus. So check them out.

Edited by kunjanp