Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ScrewyAurum

The Last of Us

Recommended Posts

True ....this turned out to be one of the best games on ps3...this,uc2,gow3 and rdr were amongst the few games that was like mind=blown ....it was released so late on the ps3 ..almost at the end of ps3 era...but wow what a game 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kold_war said:

True ....this turned out to be one of the best games on ps3...this,uc2,gow3 and rdr were amongst the few games that was like mind=blown ....it was released so late on the ps3 ..almost at the end of ps3 era...but wow what a game 

Tr00 Tr00. 

Also, GTA 5. It still amazes me how rockstar managed to run that game so well on ps3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys im playing the remaster on PS4, i am in the big building that you reach after leaving the military wala restricted area with Tess and Ellie.

i dropped into a room with 4-5 normal runners and one clicker, i shoot one of them or kill normally with pipe etc then they all run towards me and clicker does one shot.

 

Is there anyway to avoid this room or kill all zombies and the clicker stealthily :fear:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Guys im playing the remaster on PS4, i am in the big building that you reach after leaving the military wala restricted area with Tess and Ellie.

i dropped into a room with 4-5 normal runners and one clicker, i shoot one of them or kill normally with pipe etc then they all run towards me and clicker does one shot.

 

Is there anyway to avoid this room or kill all zombies and the clicker stealthily :fear:

 

 

Are you talking about the huge tilted building? Is it the first time you encounter a group of runners and clickers?

Tip toe around the clicker and try to stealth kill the runners away from each other. Then stealth kill the clicker with a shiv. If you have the shotgun, keep it handy for when the clicker charges at you.

Try to kill as many runners as possible so that even if the stealth fails later, the rest can be manageable with Shotgun and melee.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

 

Are you talking about the huge tilted building? Is it the first time you encounter a group of runners and clickers?

Tip toe around the clicker and try to stealth kill the runners away from each other. Then stealth kill the clicker with a shiv. If you have the shotgun, keep it handy for when the clicker charges at you.

Try to kill as many runners as possible so that even if the stealth fails later, the rest can be manageable with Shotgun and melee.

 

This is very early in game, i haven't seen a shotgun yet :P

Also the clicker has his back to the wall, can i use the shiv if i approach him from the side or do i have to lure him away with bottle/brick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

 

This is very early in game, i haven't seen a shotgun yet :P

Also the clicker has his back to the wall, can i use the shiv if i approach him from the side or do i have to lure him away with bottle/brick?

Try to not mess with the clicker as long as the runner don't have their eyes on it.  Do not try to attract it because as soon as you do so both the clickers and runners will home in on you.

 

Get the first runner that comes over to you. Then try to move clockwise stealth killing as many runners as possible starting from the left of the clicker. Keep the clicker for the end unless you find an opportunity to get it away from other's eyes. Stealthing is a viable option IMO. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Try to not mess with the clicker as long as the runner don't have their eyes on it.  Do not try to attract it because as soon as you do so both the clickers and runners will home in on you.

 

Get the first runner that comes over to you. Then try to move clockwise stealth killing as many runners as possible starting from the left of the clicker. Keep the clicker for the end unless you find an opportunity to get it away from other's eyes. Stealthing is a viable option IMO. 

 

 

 

thanks my dude :D

 

Killed most of the runners first, then the last runner spotted me and called it's clicker friend, killed the runner and ran as far away as i could, the clicker was basically 

b4d5727b63e37573f336732b49099e23.gif

 

Then i slowly came back and shiv'd him :rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

 

thanks my dude :D

 

Killed most of the runners first, then the last runner spotted me and called it's clicker friend, killed the runner and ran as far away as i could, the clicker was basically 

b4d5727b63e37573f336732b49099e23.gif

 

Then i slowly came back and shiv'd him :rofl:

 

Cheerio mate :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was playing the level where Bill leads to you a wide open area, suddenly the fungus zombies rush you,

beat a clicker to death with the metal pipe weapon :devil:

also shot two runners in the head when they were running to grab me, their heads exploded :rofl:

so satisfying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing this i realize Ellie was the original BOI :rofl:

She basically is the BOI but  except being girl and with a motormouth :lol:

 

Also are runners all soft etc body wise? Joel's ebin finisher moves don't make heads squish when curbstomped or smashed against a corner, and headshots don't make heads explode vs normal human enemies.Very sad :(

 

btw is there anyway to upgrade radius of nailbomb, molotov etc? there were 3 dudes talking to each other, i throw molotov, 2 die, one guy runs and alerts his 20+ buddies :rofl:

Then i spent 20 mins cleaning the YUGE bookstores of these harami bandits, hunters or whatever they call themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished playing through the Ellie section, it is like someone turned up the difficulty to Survivor :rofl:

Also 10/10 Ellie has massive balls, anything to survive, and also very sharp in times of tension, i'm impressed, never seen such a high energy child character in gaming.

 

Also

Spoiler

How the f**k did Joel survive the impalement on the iron rod? and who stitched the wound? Is Ellie a doctor and nurse also now :rofl: ?

I was surprised when the final scene was Ellie killing the pedo David herself, i was expecting Joel to come and save her, 10/10 excellent twist.

 

For a PS3 game, this looks very good in some parts, and the variety of locations is best i've seen in a game till date, more reason for people to go back to linear gaming rather than the open world trend currently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed the game, very nice it was, good combination of action and story, wide variety of beautiful locations :D, satisfying gore effects :devil: and good selection of weapons.

 

btw why doesn't Joel tell Ellie the truth about what happened in the game's final level?

Why hide it from her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

btw why doesn't Joel tell Ellie the truth about what happened in the game's final level?

Why hide it from her?

 

Because that's the extent to which he is ready to go to, to ensure that they are together. It's him being selfish. He is even ready to lie to her.

 



Think about it this way, what's the worst thing Joel is ready to do, to make sure he is with Ellie?

 

- Ready to kill people. Done.

- Ready to put his own life at risk. Done.

- Ready to put humanity at risk. Done.

 

And the biggest thing is

- Lie to her. Done, too. Even though there's a risk of her finding out in future and her hating him then. But being with her IS what he wants. Selfish.

 

That's the beauty of the writing of this game. Based on how you perceive it, one can say that you played as the bad guy throughout the game. Or you can say that the Fireflies are the bad guys because they were ready to risk the life of a little girl for a potential vaccine.

 

If he tells the truth to Ellie, there are a lot of chances that Ellie would never trust him again, considering the fact that humanity is at stake and Ellie personally would decide it'd be okay for her to die to get the cure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VelivolusDas said:

 

Because that's the extent to which he is ready to go to, to ensure that they are together. It's him being selfish. He is even ready to lie to her.

 

 

  Hide contents

 

 


Think about it this way, what's the worst thing Joel is ready to do, to make sure he is with Ellie?

 

- Ready to kill people. Done.

- Ready to put his own life at risk. Done.

- Ready to put humanity at risk. Done.

 

And the biggest thing is

- Lie to her. Done, too. Even though there's a risk of her finding out in future and her hating him then. But being with her IS what he wants. Selfish.

 

That's the beauty of the writing of this game. Based on how you perceive it, one can say that you played as the bad guy throughout the game. Or you can say that the Fireflies are the bad guys because they were ready to risk the life of a little girl for a potential vaccine.

 

If he tells the truth to Ellie, there are a lot of chances that Ellie would never trust him again, considering the fact that humanity is at stake and Ellie personally would decide it'd be okay for her to die to get the cure.
 

 

 

 

There are no bad guys in this, except that one cannibal pedo dude and his goons.

or those other goons you find in pittsburgh.

Both fireflies and Joel "do whatever it takes", neither is wrong per se because it's a cancer world, they don't have the luxury of squeaky clean morality.

 

Spoiler

btw keyword is "potential" for all your know Ellie's BRAINZ would have just been a failed experiment for them :rofl:

knowing that these are post-apocalyptic survivor folks with very limited resources and knowledge.

Joel did nothing wrong.

 

Curious tho why the Fireflies fixated on this cure angle from their earlier MILITARY BAD WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE REEEEEEEEEE "cause".

Throughout the game they are practically in every QZ, so i wonder why suddenly they want to cure humanity and all, instead of "fighting the good fight" :scratchchin:

 

I mean for all the immunity memes, Ellie can still be torn in half by a Bloater, or have her throat ripped out by a Clicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

There are no bad guys in this, except that one cannibal pedo dude and his goons.

 Even the cannibal dude (David) is not a bad guy. He is providing and taking care of his people. Maybe his way of doing things (cannibalism) is not right but in times where survival matters and everyday is a struggle, ends justifies the means.

 

And if David's pedophilia makes him a bad guy so does Joel's tendency for mass murder. Everybody in this world has their own reasons for being the way they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...