The Formula 1 Thread

MarketTantrik

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Cash said:

Probably the most interesting season in years.

For me changing in track positions is great but not when it happens through breakdowns. I mean when both the bulls were racing tyre to tyre, that's what they want, not puncture or collision. China was particularly interesting in this regard but it's going all topsy turvy till now. Although, I think VSC should have been deployed instead SC for the debris before Grosjean lost the rear end, I have certainly seen VSC being deployed for much more of a blockage than this.

Edited by kunjanp

F1 does comprise of tracks with different feature sets but you can't have every other race having a completely different effect on the aero and power of a car, it would be impossible to design a car if it would have been so. Thus one team is bound to come out on top in majority of the races.

All I want is that the top 6 guys get a reliable and comparable vehicles and victory should go to the one, who took advantage of all the racing opportunities not the damn safety car. It just feels that timing of release of SC after the incident is varying so much that Liberty indeed wants SC out in every race and give it twirl in the end, taking victory away from the guy who performed the best till then.

Now I am a Vettel supporter and I am pissed he lost today but I felt equally bad when Merc lost in Aus and Red Bull won last time because of SC. Limit the SC for major incidents, not the damn debris.

Edited by kunjanp

Hamilton got Australia redemption yesterday.

Verstappen is such a talent but at this rate he will be becoming Maldonado by the season end. Needs a clean desperately now.

Great season so far. Ferrari is competitive with Merc more this season.

Grosjean :majesty:

8 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Verstappen and talent? If moving under braking is considered a talent then farting is also talent.

Ever since the regulations changed and the article for steering under braking and making more than one direction changes to defend your position were removed, the rules have been made quite ambiguous to decipher.

Other teams executives like Lauda and even FIA reprimanded him for closing in on Ricciardo, everytime they got close. Just look at how Ricc dealed so many overtakes in China but always left a car's width space if there was a guy who he knew was in the inside and didn't change directions more than once. These rules have to be put back in written asap.

Also, VER braked right before the crash happened, so much further from the turn that it was although might not be intentional but for sure a brake test.