Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

I just don't want to play as John Martson again. New Protagonist please.

Scorpio "announcement"

:)

Looks like they will purposely dumb down Scorpio version to maintain parity with Pro as they have partnership with Sony, like Ubisoft did with ACUnity and Syndicate to maintain parity with Xbox one. This is really shitty. Developers should utilise full power of consoles.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Looks like they will purposely dumb down Scorpio version to maintain parity with Pro as they have partnership with Sony, like Ubisoft did with ACUnity and Syndicate to maintain parity with Xbox one. This is really shitty. Developers should utilise full power of consoles.

Its rockstar we are talking about,they wont do this.

Also ubisoft maybe did it with unity but syndicate had a higher resolution than xbox. Rest all the ps4 versions were superior than xbox,i see no reason y this wont happen in the future with pro and scorpio.

Plus ms with all the 4k native talk will make sure it doesnt happen. Scorpio versions will always be superior than pro specialy with the 1.5-2 teraflop even if they dont put all the effort behind it.

I would buy Scorpio just for this game (just like I bought 360 for RDR) if they can manage 1080p 60FPS. And if it is 4k with 30fps locked then won't bother.

I really can't wait to see what R* have achieved on current gen consoles.

GTA never had same protagonist but this RDR and Marston is one of the most popular characters in gaming. I feel there will be multiple playable characters and Marston will just be a NPC.

I am still confused if it is a prequel or sequel. Sequel doesn't make sense considering how RDR ended.

It can be

Jack

because

John was killed in the end

However, I do have a feeling this could probably be a prequel to the original RDR showing the story

when John was with Dutch's gang

I would buy Scorpio just for this game (just like I bought 360 for RDR) if they can manage 1080p 60FPS. And if it is 4k with 30fps locked then won't bother.

I really can't wait to see what R* have achieved on current gen consoles.

GTA never had same protagonist but this RDR and Marston is one of the most popular characters in gaming. I feel there will be multiple playable characters and Marston will just be a NPC.

I am still confused if it is a prequel or sequel. Sequel doesn't make sense considering how RDR ended.

Both Pro and Scorpio will easily handle 1080p60fps. I will be shocked if it's not 1080p60fps on Pro.

Nope, not confirmed.

First guy from left looks like John Marston and the fifth guy looks like Bill Williamson. So....

Exactly what I said, that's how I am feeling about this one

The RDR story itself was set at a time when the Wild Wild West was an era that was ending and times were changing. A sequel would be odd considering that premise. I expect it would be a prequel but hope its a different set of characters.

Yup, that's the whole point, right? The story played out in a way, it implied the Wild West was changing and it wasn't meant to be that wild anymore. Yes, it is a sequel, like being sequentially numbered, not necessarily a sequel to the story.

My guesses:

- Prequel.

- We play as Dutch, as the leader of the gang. We get to plan robberies and stuff (considering the Heist set-up and planning system of GTA V).

- John Marston will play an active role in the story.

My guess too about the protagonist. Just don't want the premise to be all about heists. Comes off as a low-effort cash grab in my view. =//

Might turn out to be true though. :P Anyway, we'll know in an hour!