Gears 5

Heaven Angel

42 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I haven't played any Gears. Should I jump straight into Gears 5 without playing earlier ones? What about G5 multiplayer? I couldn't find any multi-player matches in Gears 1.

You can play any gears for multi-player. 

But for SP, start with Gears of War ultimate edition, then play 2 and 3.

Or else starts from gears 4 and then play 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I haven't played any Gears. Should I jump straight into Gears 5 without playing earlier ones? What about G5 multiplayer? I couldn't find any multi-player matches in Gears 1.

Start with 1st Gears.

Game pass gives you easy access to all Gears.

Gears ultimate then Gears 2 and 3 (skip Judgement)

Then Gears 4 and 5.

5 i like most in MP and its the most active, even though it lost lot of players since launch 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 1:02 AM, WhiteWolf said:

I like new changes with operation 5. Its less grindy and feels more rewarding. 

I also want to replay campaign in NG+ with mutators on.

Yes. The new update is really good. They improved a lot of aspects from Versus side. They improved game play also. I still haven't played campaign yet. Just played 2hours then left. Will complete on Series X for sure.

1 hour ago, Masterjack said:

Finally something to showcase the power of series x/s .

standalone dlc campaign of 3hours coming on dec15th ( included in game pass ultimate )

Looks great visually. I think it just tells us backstory about these HIVES mode character, nothing else

12 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Standalone is nice. Don't want to download entire game just for DLC. 

True, i was thinking another 70 GB download coming up :P

Nice, good four hours of co op with brother coming up and catch up on life :P

As a standalone DLC purchase apparently. :lol: Not as a as a standalone DLC playable. 

The story of Hivebusters was penned by Kurtis Wiebe, the author of the Gears of War: Hivebusters comic series, and will be available for free for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, as a standalone DLC purchase or as part of the Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition. 

The Gears 5: Hivebusters Expansion ($19.99) is available separately for pre-purchase or included with the Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition ($59.99) beginning December 15.

This content requires a game (sold separately).

Yeah, not going to bother. 70-80GB for 2 hours. 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

But isnt the base+ expansion on Gamepass? Basically free then?

For ultimate GP, yes. Normal GP has only base game. Either way that is not a problem. Just don't want to download 70-100gb for 2 hour DLC campaign.

Started new game plus in Ironman mode on experience  difficulty with multiplayer skins activated in campaign and other mutators. These mutators are must in Iron man mode as its a perma death mode. My favourite mutator is Jack fast abilities cooldown mutator, it removes cool down on jack abilities and allows you to do real quick combos which made combat way more fun and bit different that traditional Stop and pop combat. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

20 minutes ago, adity said:

Is the sp campaign of these games worth playing? Thinking of playing the entire thing or I should just skip to 4 and play this? 

Very much worth, in fact must play during Xbox generation. Gears 4 you might feel bit disappointed after first 3 games but never less its still one of the good SP campaigns.. Most of us Xbox oldies from 360 Era still love keeping Gears games on X or SX consoles. I have always kept Gears 1 on my systems... Make sure to play Gears Ultimate Edition for the 1st part...

4 hours ago, adity said:

Is the sp campaign of these games worth playing? Thinking of playing the entire thing or I should just skip to 4 and play this? 

I am on Gears 2 right now. If you want to co-op campaign, let me know. I’ll be going Gears 2-3-4-5.

If anyone else wants to do old Gears co-op campaign let me know.