The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, Panopticon said:

will it be on par or better than SOTC on XSX with fps boost?

Can’t say till we know what sort of update it is 

but if it’s just a simple FPS unlock patch like others 

SX will be just a tad bit slightly better at 2016p compared to PS5’s 1876p

this would be due to the maximum resolution cap on the respective midgen consoles 

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

Can’t say till we know what sort of update it is 

but if it’s just a simple FPS unlock patch like others 

SX will be just a tad bit slightly better at 2016p compared to PS5’s 1876p

this would be due to the maximum resolution cap on the respective midgen consoles 

do you know if there's a tangible difference in gfx features such as texture quality, foliage density etc. between resolution mode and framerate mode for the game? or is it a simple resolution drop to get the framerate mode? 

if for PS5, the framerate mode got a 4k (~1800p) resolution bump then XSX may be preferable as for XSX, the resolution mode got a fps boost to 60fps, right?

1 minute ago, Panopticon said:

do you know if there's a tangible difference in gfx features such as texture quality, foliage density etc. between resolution mode and framerate mode for the game? or is it a simple resolution drop to get the framerate mode? 

if for PS5, the framerate mode got a 4k (~1800p) resolution bump then XSX may be preferable as for XSX, the resolution mode got a fps boost to 60fps, right?

We don’t really know what this patch exactly does unless someone gets a hands on 

But I’m assuming at this point that it unlocks the frame rate in the quality mode of PS4pro 

Something that SX is already doing with it’s own version of FPS boost (SX is also officially getting the patch btw) 

The quality mode was exactly the same on both Pro & OneX except that the resolution cap was very slightly higher on OneX ,which would be retained here 

Think of it as 2000p vs 1900p sort of difference 

Texture,foliage,models,AA were all exactly same & remain so 

it will be just 19,20 difference as I said 

Though if it’s a full blown patch to increase even resolution then we have to wait & see but I doubt that’s the case 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

We don’t really know what this patch exactly does unless someone gets a hands on 

But I’m assuming at this point that it unlocks the frame rate in the quality mode of PS4pro 

Something that SX is already doing with it’s own version of FPS boost (SX is also officially getting the patch btw) 

The quality mode was exactly the same on both Pro & OneX except that the resolution cap was very slightly higher on OneX ,which would be retained here 

Think of it as 2000p vs 1900p sort of difference 

Texture,foliage,models,AA were all exactly same & remain so 

it will be just 19,20 difference as I said 

Though if it’s a full blown patch to increase even resolution then we have to wait & see but I doubt that’s the case 

according to TheSixthAxis: "Support for 4K at [a] high frame rate on PlayStation 5 in high-resolution mode."

if hi-res mode is getting a bump to 4k and 60fps, that'd be awesome. It could be checkerboard full 2160p with 60fps. Let me know if you come across more concrete details

11 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

if hi-res mode is getting a bump to 4k and 60fps, that'd be awesome. It could be checkerboard full 2160p with 60fps. Let me know if you come across more concrete details

To be honest a resolution bump from 2016p checkerboard to 2160p checkerboard would be inconsequential & you won’t even get to tell the difference unless you zoom in 

But 2160p native would be something if they are going for that 

but I doubt coz a code which is designed with checkerboard can’t just be upgraded to native 

They need recoding for that 

6 hours ago, AnK said:

bump from 2016p checkerboard to 2160p checkerboard

no no. PS4 pro does ~1800p checkerboard and X1X does 2016p native or cb

I was saying upgrade for PS5 from ~1800p checkerboard to 2160p checkerboard

also as an aside, if you look at Sekiro, its native vs checkerboard for almost same resolution but checkerboard is very good, so PS4 version is preferable as it has rock solid 60fps on PS5 while XSX has native but dips into 50s

Edit:- Just saw

it’s Native 2016p vs Checkerboard 1876p on XB vs PS 

So that makes a visual difference 

XBSX is still the definitive version  

Yes even PS5 & SX can’t handle most of the games at locked 4k@60fps that’s why dynamic resolution scaling is present in every game 

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Hilariously bad. For market leader.

Sony is done for, this generation. No hope.

They will sell well due to Goodwill generated in last 2-3 of years of  PS4 generation.

bbc three laugh GIF by BBC

Fastest console  to hit 10 million in the history of gaming consoles. 

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, scuderiaT1fos1 said:

:eyebrow:

Oh don’t bother 

he is becoming into another one of those who can’t take criticism sportingly 

Will blabber nonsense from here on 

already started in other threads 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

From software :rofl: 

It comes under "XDEV" which is some sort of 2nd party studio classification i think by the image maker

that image is fan made, not official Sony.

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

Oh don’t bother 

he is becoming into another one of those who can’t take criticism sportingly 

Will blabber nonsense from here on 

already started in other threads 

Noted.

Lol @ goodwill though