KENA: Bridge of Spirits

Heaven Angel

It was this Spanish channel which reported 1800p :- 

NXgamer (nor IGN) have done a performance analysis on Kena yet 

Just a few days ago someone said this channel is more credible coz it has more subscribers than NXG 

Stupid of him to say that coz NXG has been posting more videos on IGN channel than his for a long time now 

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

It was this Spanish channel which reported 1800p :- 

NXgamer (nor IGN) have done a performance analysis on Kena yet 

Just a few days ago someone said this channel is more credible coz it has more subscribers than NXG 

Stupid of him to say that coz NXG has been posting more videos on IGN channel than his for a long time now 

Lol you have sharp memory. But here is NXG video. 

He says 1800p at 4:20 timestamp. 420 ing everyone. So fitting.

Hmmm it’s weird this missed my radar 

But if two popular channels are saying same thing then there must be some credibility behind it

Digital Foundry have been wrong before & have had to issue apologies 

So it’s better we wait for things to clear up 

Also ppl who are playing it right now can certainly have a say as 1800p isn’t that far of from 4K,so if they feel Performance mode to be significantly blurrier than Quality mode than DF is right.

Otherwise these two. 

Edited by AnK

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Always thought DF's 1296p was too low when the game ran at full 4K in quality mode. 30 to 60 doesn't tank resolution by nearly 4 times. Hell the Pro runs at higher res but at 30fps. Good to see NXG correcting the mistake again.

1800p is almost 80% of 4k. 30fps at 4k vs 60fps at 1800p doesnt make sense either.

Of what I have seen DF analysis seems more credible coz they have shown performance mode PS5 & PC 1800p close ups & difference is quite noticeable 

But this needs to be cleared up as to how two channels came up with same numbers when rest of their numbers totally match with each other & DF too 

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

The game is locked at 30, could be running at 38-45 etc. Plus 60fps doesn't hold all the time.

Also 1800p is 68% of 4K.

Nope. You are wrong. 1800p is around 85% of 2160p aka 4k. 

I use it as a custom resolution while gaming on my PC connected to 4k TV.

Pasting from PC guide:

1800p (3200x1800) has roughly 85% of 4K’s resolution (and ergo performance requirement) while achieving quality close enough that most can’t tell the difference, at least on a display with proper scaling.

30 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Nope. You are wrong. 1800p is around 85% of 2160p aka 4k. 

I use it as a custom resolution while gaming on my PC connected to 4k TV.

Pasting from PC guide:

1800p (3200x1800) has roughly 85% of 4K’s resolution (and ergo performance requirement) while achieving quality close enough that most can’t tell the difference, at least on a display with proper scaling.

I don’t know about what guide you are referring to but in simple math terms 

3840x2160 = 8294400 pixels 

3200x1800 = 5760000 pixels 

Roughly 69.4% mathematically 

maybe in terms of spec power required it would be 80% & not the amount of pixels on screen 

15 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I'm talking about 1800p and 2160p.

1800p with upscale done well and you'll hardly see any difference with 2160p in motion unless you pause and zoom in 400-800% like DF does. 

Yep,that’s why I said any user who is playing on PS5 right now can confirm which analysis is right & which is wrong.

If it’s 1800p no one will see much of blurriness when switching modes. 

But if it’s 1296p the difference will be instantly noticeable 

7 hours ago, AnK said:

I don’t know about what guide you are referring to but in simple math terms 

3840x2160 = 8294400 pixels 

3200x1800 = 5760000 pixels 

Roughly 69.4% mathematically 

maybe in terms of spec power required it would be 80% & not the amount of pixels on screen 

I meant 1800p is a 15% reduction on both the axis.  I get where you are coming from with the pixel density. I was referring to the spec power and not pixel density that would be required to render the resolution.

7 hours ago, gecko89 said:

I'm talking about 1800p and 2160p.

1800p with upscale done well and you'll hardly see any difference with 2160p in motion unless you pause and zoom in 400-800% like DF does. 

on a 65 inch or bigger tv, from personal experience, I notice that - 

1. anything less than say 1440p appears soft and muddy compared to 1800p or higher
  2. checkerboarding at almost any resolution shows blurry edges, more so at 1800p and lower

55 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I meant 1800p is a 15% reduction on both the axis.  I get where you are coming from with the pixel density. I was referring to the spec power and not pixel density that would be required to render the resolution.

That's not how it works in terms of rendering. Just like how it takes 4x times less processing to render 1080p compared to 4K, its takes 68% less GPU when you go from 4K to 1800p. The reduction in individual horizonal and vertical axis has no meaning when finding out required spec power.

I don't know who wrote that PC guide but its totally wrong. You don't render stuff on just one axis.

44 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I don't know who wrote that PC guide but its totally wrong. You don't render stuff on just one axis.

I think that guide means to say the screen size reduction overall 

download-3-1024x884.png

That part could be right,I don’t know 

Comparison shots like these make me believe DF is more spot on then the others:- 

2-C847-A14-C382-4019-9-D82-0-ADA24247-AF

They used PC 1800p just to show how much more better it looks than PS5 performance mode 

I think this needs to be cleared soon & the error explained