Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

Bro it’s not a simple resolution reduction to gain 60fps

visuals quality is also dropped down, for example, reflections on fps mode of PS5 in HFW is PS4 quality

If you gave me only a drop in resolution without touching visual settings to get 60fps, I’ll take it

example, Demon’s souls ps5 only dropped resolution to get 60fps, no other compromise. I played 60fps in that game

Actually Demon's Souls PS5 performance mode reduced the res and have REDUCED TESSELATION

I personally don't like to lose any graphical effects, thus played the game on 30 fps mode and didn't switch to 60...I mean I switched to performance and then 30 fps felt crap, but forced myself to 30 for sometime and it felt berable. I just didn't switch so much.

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

Ohhh yeah, I like it :fap:

when a dev says resolution mode, go resolution mode

No dude, I was talking about my preference... 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and choices. 

You wanna go res mode, go res mode, you wanna go fps mode, go fps mode.

I want both from consoles, and that is not possible.....

Depends on the game too. I was trying to play RnC Rift apart in 30 fps after completing it in 60 fps once and I couldn't go past the stadium level. It was not a good experience for me. Same with Dishonored (I know an old game, but still). Couldnt play at all in 30 fps. When the game got fps boosted, I tried it again and its just a joy to play. HZD was also okayish in 30, but in 60 it was a much better experience. FH5 at 30 fps was pretty good though. Didnt feel the need to go to 60 in that one. 

full disclosure though - I am unable to notice the jump from 60 to 120. 30 to 60 is much more visible to my eyes. Makes me think that I would be a poor contender for buying PC to run games higher than 120 too. 

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Depends on the game too. I was trying to play RnC Rift apart in 30 fps after completing it in 60 fps once and I couldn't go past the stadium level. It was not a good experience for me. Same with Dishonored (I know an old game, but still). Couldnt play at all in 30 fps. When the game got fps boosted, I tried it again and its just a joy to play. HZD was also okayish in 30, but in 60 it was a much better experience. FH5 at 30 fps was pretty good though. Didnt feel the need to go to 60 in that one. 

full disclosure though - I am unable to notice the jump from 60 to 120. 30 to 60 is much more visible to my eyes. Makes me think that I would be a poor contender for buying PC to run games higher than 120 too. 

There is very significant jump. 

Get a 144hz monitor and even your mouse movement will make you never go back to 60hz monitor.

Edited by SaiKO

2 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

There is very significant jump. 

Get a 144hz monitor and even your mouse movement will make you never go back to 60hz monitor.

thats what I got - 144hz, 1440p monitor. Tried bunch of games at 120 and I still cant perceive the jump from 60 :fear1: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

was trying to play RnC Rift apart in 30 fps after completing it in 60 fps once and I couldn't go past the stadium level

I, on the other hand, completed my 1st and only playthrough of rift apart on 30fps mode on the hardest difficulty with all extra challenges 

30fps is not to blame

60fps / 120fps is useful when you are playing competitive pro gaming 

Actually, most people don’t have the skills and dexterity to really take proper advantage of high fps

Just now, SaiKO said:

The Lion King What GIF

I do have a hypothesis tho - the jump from 60 to 120 is not a notable difference for a 60 fps user, but the drop from 120 to 60 is for a 120 user. So, while 30 to 60 jump is more "visual" in nature, 60 to 120 jump is dependent more on "conditioning" and long term exposure to 120. 

3 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

thats what I got - 144hz, 1440p monitor. Tried bunch of games at 120 and I still cant perceive the jump from 60 :fear1: 

Common man, 60fps feels downright janky as compared to 120fps, can confirm after using it on both a tv and a gaming monitor 

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I, on the other hand, completed my 1st and only playthrough of rift apart on 30fps mode on the hardest difficulty with all extra challenges 

30fps is not to blame

60fps / 120fps is useful when you are playing competitive pro gaming 

Actually, most people don’t have the skills and dexterity to really take proper advantage of high fps

thangawd you are not one of them. 

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Did you turn on 144hz from display properties? It's so unreal to see someone saying they are not getting the difference from 60hz to 144hz.....

3 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Did you turn on 144hz from display properties? It's so unreal to see someone saying they are not getting the difference from 60hz to 144hz.....

yup. Did all those checks. Spent quite few hours trying to investigate if I am missing anything. But I really did not notice the 60 to 120 jump as much as I noticed the 30 to 60 jump

9 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

yup. Did all those checks. Spent quite few hours trying to investigate if I am missing anything. But I really did not notice the 60 to 120 jump as much as I noticed the 30 to 60 jump

Have you disabled the 4K mode on Xbox? 

if it’s enabled, games don’t enable 120fps mode even if you choose 1080p 120fps in settings, that’s probably why you aren’t noticing a difference 

5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Have you disabled the 4K mode on Xbox? 

if it’s enabled, games don’t enable 120fps mode even if you choose 1080p 120fps in settings, that’s probably why you aren’t noticing a difference 

I think we were talking about 144 hz on his PC. No? 

Or is it he is playing his console on PC monitor? I'm confused lol.