Red Dead Redemption

Cortez

Started playing this game recently and have only done a few missions so far and its decent to good. Don't feel its as great as everyone says it is.

Wo baat nahi aayegi ab...It's quite old now..Gunplay mechanics nd all are not good compared to modern action games..

We all love it coz we played it when came out in 2010..Everyone was blown away by graphics nd all that time...

Edited by WhiteWolf

Wo baat nahi aayegi ab...It's quite old now..Gunplay mechanics nd all are not good compared to modern action games..

We all love it coz we played it when came out in 2010..Everyone was blown away by graphics nd all that time...

Nah played it in 2012 and still was blown away :P

The story,characters and atmosphere of the game is still better than current gen games.

• Like 1

Speak for yourself man. RDR still holds up.

The game wasn't special because it had incredible graphics or top-notch gunplay (hell, there were other games during it's time that did both of those things better). The game was great because Rockstar knows how to create living breathing open worlds with rewarding exploration, well-written characters, great use of music and a good story. The game PERFECTLY captured the whole western movie feel while also being a really fun game to play. There have been other western themed games before it but none of them did it as well as RDR did.

• Like 4

• 7 years later...
3 hours ago, AnK said:

Me waiting for RDR 2 to hit 60fps on Consoles:-

Waiting...+Weds+2.jpg

Basically for Sony bloodborne and for R* RDR2 doesn't exist. I am baffled by the fact how they ignore these games existence and fanbase.

Does Sony even remember bloodborne?

6 minutes ago, zoord said:

Basically for Sony bloodborne and for R* RDR2 doesn't exist. I am baffled by the fact how they ignore these games existence and fanbase.

Does Sony even remember bloodborne?

Sony can’t remaster or even patch the existing Bloodborne code as it’s not under their ownership.

Similarly there are many Second party developed games from Sony like The Last Guardian etc that never reviewed support patches for new hardware.

Otherwise Sony was very prompt this gen to provide Free/minimal priced 60fps upgrades on almost all of their in house games.

Comparing them to Rockstar/Take-Two in that regard is not right.

The latter is greedy as f**k & doesn’t give two shits about customers who’ve already bought.

RDR2 won’t receive 60fps version unless it’s as old as RDR1 & maximum ppl are willing to spend $70 all over again.

38 minutes ago, AnK said:

Sony can’t remaster or even patch the existing Bloodborne code as it’s not under their ownership.

Similarly there are many Second party developed games from Sony like The Last Guardian etc that never reviewed support patches for new hardware.

Otherwise Sony was very prompt this gen to provide Free/minimal priced 60fps upgrades on almost all of their in house games.

Comparing them to Rockstar/Take-Two in that regard is not right.

The latter is greedy as f**k & doesn’t give two shits about customers who’ve already bought.

RDR2 won’t receive 60fps version unless it’s as old as RDR1 & maximum ppl are willing to spend $70 all over again.

From what I read Sony has full ownership of the IP including the publishing right so idk what is stopping Sony from implementation it. Its not like sunset overdrive situation where Sony owns the IP but MS has publishing right.

Just now, zoord said:

From what I read Sony has full ownership of the IP including the publishing right so idk what is stopping Sony from implementation it. Its not like sunset overdrive situation where Sony owns the IP but MS has publishing right.

BB is like Driveclub now. GOAT game but there wont be a sequel for it. The chapter is closed.

Fromsoft wont make another souls game for the coming 5 years as the formula needs a breather now.  They will do something else. 

1 hour ago, zoord said:

Yes Sony owns the IP & the final product.

But the code is built up on proprietary Fromsoftware engine used in all their games which Sony has no rights or ownership to.

That’s the reason why they rebuilt DemonSouls from ground up & never remastered the original game prior to that.

Dark Souls 1 & 2 got remasters & 3 even got a patch for PS4pro under FromSoftware supervision.

It’s just the Sony owned games that they abandoned & never touched again.

It’s the engine & code ownership that matters when it comes to patches & remasters.

So I guess Bloodborne Remake is the only solution which I’m sure is on the cards with Bluepoint Games.

Edited by AnK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AnK said:

But the code is built up on proprietary Fromsoftware engine used in all their games which Sony has no rights or ownership to.

That’s the reason why they rebuilt DemonSouls from ground up & never remastered the original game prior to that.

Dark Souls 1 & 2 got remasters & 3 even got a patch for PS4pro under FromSoftware supervision.

It’s the engine & code ownership that matters when it comes to patches & remasters.

So I guess Bloodborne Remake is the only solution which I’m sure is on the cards with Bluepoint Games.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, AnK said:

If this is the case - then I think they'll schedule the BB Remake for PS6 launch, just like they did DeS Remake for PS5 launch. After all, they'll need at least 1 game that's Next Gen only once it launches!

On 3/29/2024 at 12:22 PM, roun90 said:

If this is the case - then I think they'll schedule the BB Remake for PS6 launch, just like they did DeS Remake for PS5 launch. After all, they'll need at least 1 game that's Next Gen only once it launches!

Yep. There have been rumours about this.

Ideally they should have started to work on Bloodborne Remake right after DemonSouls.

But they were first rumoured to be working on MGS1 Remake & then something new entirely.

To be honest after DemonSouls Remake,Bluepoint is the only developer in the industry that can do justice to Bloodborne.