The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

yep. If your main focus is SDR content then its brilliant but in HDR its underwhelming. It just does not get bright enough and local dimming is average. Gaming though is beautiful both in HDR & SDR, no input lag whatsoever. HDR10 looks good but DV is just too dim. Tried multiple settings. If you're planning on LG then SJ series is better bet or play safe and get an OLED. 

I was planning for gaming and some casual movies. And TV series.

Plus paise nahi hai. Toh trying to cheap out by buying this model as it has all the latest features one needs. SJ is expensive and OLED just forget about it.

What does DV mean?

3 hours ago, djanuj said:

I was planning for gaming and some casual movies. And TV series.

Plus paise nahi hai. Toh trying to cheap out by buying this model as it has all the latest features one needs. SJ is expensive and OLED just forget about it.

What does DV mean?

Dolby Vision. Well it's certainly bang for buck. Hit me up when you buy I'll pm you the calibration settings. HDR performance is good but it's underwhelming in dark scenes. If you are just going for casual movies with some HDR content from streaming sites like Netflix and Prime then it's a good buy. I got mine for 76k. Friend in mumbai got it from chroma for 72k. 

• Like 1

Dolby Vision. Well it's certainly bang for buck. Hit me up when you buy I'll pm you the calibration settings. HDR performance is good but it's underwhelming in dark scenes. If you are just going for casual movies with some HDR content from streaming sites like Netflix and Prime then it's a good buy. I got mine for 76k. Friend in mumbai got it from chroma for 72k. 

Wow that's a nice price. Paytm has it for 78k with 10k cashback. But don't know if to go to Paytm or Other website. Because all other websites selling for atleast 80k+. Btw I am from Mumbai too.

1 minute ago, djanuj said:

Wow that's a nice price. Paytm has it for 78k with 10k cashback. But don't know if to go to Paytm or Other website. Because all other websites selling for atleast 80k+

paytm is reliable you just have to make sure that the seller is authorized something. Like flipkart has assured, amazon has amazon fulfilled paytm also has something like that.

One more thing if you end up buying online, call LG for installation but don't tell them you bought online otherwise you need to pay for installation and wall mount bracket. Paytm gives two bills one is from the seller and one from paytm, show the seller bill to the LG technician.  

• Like 1

Bought Sony KD-49X8200E 49" 4K HDR Tv. It's amazing. Has 4x4 speaker.

Previously was using Sony 32" full HD bought in 2007. Used it for 10 years. Don't know why people say tv lasts only for few years?

Was considering Vu but after many reviews I read the tv's operating OS is not good & up scaling is that great.

Bought Sony KD-49X8200E 49" 4K HDR Tv. It's amazing. Has 4x4 speaker.

Previously was using Sony 32" full HD bought in 2007. Used it for 10 years. Don't know why people say tv lasts only for few years?

Was considering Vu but after many reviews I read the tv's operating OS is not good & up scaling is that great.
How much did it cost you?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Full HD tv with HDR ? [emoji848]

Sony Bravia KDL-43W750E ( 43 Inches ) Full HD Led Smart TV With Wi-Fi Certified. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B073ST6NQJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vjT8zbGKT9W5G

Full HD also has HDR Tech if mentioned but for marketing purposes 4k is the one industry chose to promote.

8 hours ago, DinJo said:

You could have purchased X900E

The only difference was x1 processor & little better contrast but price difference was 20k. Didn't make sense. 

8 hours ago, jak3072 said:

How much did it cost you?

Bro got it for 1.09L from Amazon - cloudtail seller (Best seller most definitely it's amazon self owned warehouse, so always best & reliable)

I took the no cost EMI of 6 months. I'm sorted.

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Full HD tv with HDR ? emoji848.png

Sony Bravia KDL-43W750E ( 43 Inches ) Full HD Led Smart TV With Wi-Fi Certified. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B073ST6NQJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vjT8zbGKT9W5G

I never said my old tv was HDR. Heck HDR didn't exist back then. I just said full SOny 32" HD tv. Back in 2007 it was top range tv & it costed me 63k. So I did a proper paisa vasool on the tv. Still in best shape & in pristine condition.

• Like 1

I never said my old tv was HDR. Heck HDR didn't exist back then. I just said full SOny 32" HD tv. Back in 2007 it was top range tv & it costed me 63k. So I did a proper paisa vasool on the tv. Still in best shape & in pristine condition.
Bro i bought the 49" X9000E For 1.2L from my local retailer. I'm just putting it here for your knowledge.

My post wasn't related to your's [emoji846]
Was just surprised to see full hd tv having HDR since I thought that usually comes in with 4k/uhds..

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

My post wasn't related to your's emoji846.png
Was just surprised to see full hd tv having HDR since I thought that usually comes in with 4k/uhds..

My bad :)

Yeah HDR works better with 4k. Sony doesn't make any HDR televisions without 4K. Only few manufacturers do.

• Like 1

49 inch branded 4k TVs are costing around 1L while VU and such other brands are selling them for around 35k.
I'm wondering if the quality of the bigger brands is worth the 3x price they're asking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

+1

Hi all,
could u suggest me a good 43"(max) 4k tv with HDR to play ps4 pro games smoothly under ₹75000 with following features:
100hz refresh rate ,better brightness,smooth playback of movies from HDD without juddering as i have seen this issue in sony x7002e(while playing action scenes of whiplash movie in showroom) ,with best picture quality , a HDMI ARC and other things that i have missed(as this is my first purchase of 4k tv currently i have 15 years old Samsung CRT TV).I have been searching on net and showrooms for a suitable tv since a month but couldn't find any. Please help.
Thanks in advance.
p.s. : Please give reasons too after suggesting a tv.
Regards,
bionic

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

On 10/27/2017 at 4:47 PM, 202croc said:

The only difference was x1 processor & little better contrast but price difference was 20k. Didn't make sense. 

The X900E is in different league altogether when it comes to HDR and overall picture quality with 10-bit panel and local dimming. Frankly I would've shelled out extra 20k for it. Heck my TV is 50K cheaper than X900E and was debating whether to get it or not.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread