PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any spare graphics card? Even GTX 960/1050 will do. I f**king hate miners so much. I hope the crypto currency market crashes and burn. Not able to upgrade PC now.

First it was demonization and now it's this crypto sh*t. FML.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonicDave said:

Anyone got any spare graphics card? Even GTX 960/1050 will do. I f**king hate miners so much. I hope the crypto currency market crashes and burn. Not able to upgrade PC now.

First it was demonization and now it's this crypto sh*t. FML.

tr00 tr00

been waiting myself

You know what the worst and strangest part is? The manufacturers just can't produce them enough. We haven't been able to get current generation models and Nvidia/AMD are already planning to produce/launch newer generation cards. Like WHAT?! Miners will get whatever they lay their hands on. The only thing which I want is increased production. All these shortage of materials like memory chips seem so fake to me. Because the only group gaining from this is the manufacturers/producers because they can always sell them at higher costs no matter what whenever there's any shortage and people are still going to buy them anyway. They have to.

(And a lil' bit of OT) And for the memory chips for RAMs a mere 8GB DDR4 now costs 6.5-7k. I'm getting a "deal" of 32GB for 20k. Not sure if I should go ahead and bite it and potentially regret it later when the prices come down again or wait and continue waiting forever. It's such a headache really.

Send help please.

/EndRant 

NVIDIA officially collaborates with Microsoft for the DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API, first screenshots

As promised, NVIDIA today announced its collaboration with Microsoft for a brand new DirectX API that will allow real-time ray tracing. According to the teams, the DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API will enable straightforward access to real-time ray tracing running on development graphics hardware, and below you can find its first screenshot from Remedy’s Northlight Engine.

Game developers that use this DXR API will be able to produce real-time ray tracing into their game engines and create a seamless hybrid between the rasterized and the ray traced image. Ray tracing can be used to add quality and accuracy to rendering techniques that are difficult to achieve with traditional rasterization techniques.

As noted, some of the improvements include accurate soft shadows, ambient occlusion, reflections and global illumination.

Remedy, one of the few developers that have access to this API has shared the following screenshot, showing this new DXR API in full effect. Epic Games has also shared a screenshot from Unreal Engine 4 using the DXR API.

Remedy-Northlight-Engine-Ray-Tracing.jpg

UE4

UnrealEngine2Fblog2Funreal-engine-4-supp

This gonna be good :D

Not sure about that, but this is a card which I paid 26K back when it first released and now it's twice the price. I thought the production for this model would have probably ended by now, but this is beyond insane or may be I'm out of touch with this recent price surge. :P 

Home News Video Cards NVIDIA's next-gen: GTX 11 series, not the GTX 20 series

I've only been on the ground in San Jose for less than 24 hours, but I've had some interesting conversations with people in very high places that have confirmed with TweakTown exclusively that NVIDIA's next-gen graphics cards will NOT be launched as the GTX 20 series.

This means no GeForce GTX 2080 like we, and everyone else have been reporting, but instead the GeForce GTX 11 series. My source was quick to make me ponder, but couldn't answer the question in full: they said "it [the new cards] won't necessarily end in '70' and '80' like we're used to". That's all they would say on the matter. NVIDIA could launch new graphics cards with names like GeForce GTX 1185 and GTX 1175 instead, differentiating them against the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080. I could see this happening, as it would be an interesting move for sure, and I really like the idea of a GTX 1185 for example.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/61326/nvidias-next-gen-gtx-11-series-20/index.html