Ni no Kuni 2

rAgHaV

7 minutes ago, krados said:

Any of you who had played the first game, please let me know how the story and characters are compared to first one.

No character like drippy in this game was a bummer for me.

Played the first game, but only about 25% of it (I know, one of my greatest regrets).

No character like Drippy in the first 3 hours of this game at least, but I saw a review which said there's that Simpson-like looking character which adds a lot of humour/fun elements, kinda like Drippy. So, there's that.

However, haven't come across that character yet personally, so can't vouch for it. Yet.

About the overall story, it somewhat feels lacking in terms of the connect. In the first game, there was a nice build-up to the relation between Oliver and his Mom. In this game, it's not that much.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Played the first game, but only about 25% of it (I know, one of my greatest regrets).

No character like Drippy in the first 3 hours of this game at least, but I saw a review which said there's that Simpson-like looking character which adds a lot of humour/fun elements, kinda like Drippy. So, there's that.

However, haven't come across that character yet personally, so can't vouch for it. Yet.

About the overall story, it somewhat feels lacking in terms of the connect. In the first game, there was a nice build-up to the relation between Oliver and his Mom. In this game, it's not that much.

Happy Birthday.

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Thanks man. Will wait for your full review then.

And happy birthday :)

Birthday boy. Have a good one. w6cEcEb.gif 

____

After 5 or so hours, finally put the controller down. Damn, so much stuff. 

Those story puzzles are done well. However, not really a fan of the skirmish so far due to lack of any strategy there. Let's see how it develops. 

Tips For Playing Ni no Kuni II

• Don’t just blaze from story point to story point
  • Don’t worry about levels too much
  • Don’t worry about all the items, either
  • Pick three characters and stick with them
  • Conserve healing items in battle
  • Visit every town after a new chapter
  • Do as many side quests as you want
  • Prioritize quests that lead to recruits
  • Don’t neglect your kingdom 
  • Visit Evermore as often as you can
  • Don’t neglect your army, either
  • Focus on the Institute of Innovation and Explorer’s Guild first
  • Specialize
  • Side quests for Evermore residents can get you a LOT of kingsguilder
  • Get the Spring Lock spell as soon as you can
  • Spin attacks are your best friend
  • You can safely ignore the Tactics menu
  • Remember that range attacks use up mana
  • Dimensional mazes are awesome

On my way to Niall now. Finished the trial, came across Lofty and finished the first skirmish battle.

Going good, so far. I'm loving the battle system. The first game's battle system was nice too, but just having a non-turn-based system seems good.

Also,

Anyone else noticed Drippy during the Test of Knowledge (or whatever it was called) during the puzzle-solving section of the trial? I saw the statue and it was him and I had to take a screenshot. Will post it here later. It was indeed a nice touch to see, Lord High Lord of the fairies.

:)

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

On my way to Niall now. Finished the trial, came across Lofty and finished the first skirmish battle.

Going good, so far. I'm loving the battle system. The first game's battle system was nice too, but just having a non-turn-based system seems good.

Also,

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone else noticed Drippy during the Test of Knowledge (or whatever it was called) during the puzzle-solving section of the trial? I saw the statue and it was him and I had to take a screenshot. Will post it here later. It was indeed a nice touch to see, Lord High Lord of the fairies.

:)

Regarding the trial

Spoiler

It's not just Drippy, it's the entire Ni No Kuni 1 cast. Remember -

Boy -  Oliver

Harpist - Esther

Pistolier - Swaine

Wizard - Marcassin

Fairy -  Drippy

Won't tell about monster and dragon

The entire trial is a re-telling of NNK 1 story, but told in such a way, that it does not spoil the NNK1 story at all. It's genius on the part of Level 5. I will not reveal the actual story, but just be sure that the puzzle did not give the complete or correct story, but rather told it in an extremely abstract manner. For a new player of the first game, the experience and story will be completely new (even if they played the NNK 2 trial first). Then, after completing the first game, you go back to the trial, you will go "aah" as you will understand how the story is told in the trial.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Regarding the trial

Reveal hidden contents

It's not just Drippy, it's the entire Ni No Kuni 1 cast. Remember -

Boy -  Oliver

Harpist - Esther

Pistolier - Swaine

Wizard - Marcassin

Fairy -  Drippy

Won't tell about monster and dragon

The entire trial is a re-telling of NNK 1 story, but told in such a way, that it does not spoil the NNK1 story at all. It's genius on the part of Level 5. I will not reveal the actual story, but just be sure that the puzzle did not give the complete or correct story, but rather told it in an extremely abstract manner. For a new player of the first game, the experience and story will be completely new (even if they played the NNK 2 trial first). Then, after completing the first game, you go back to the trial, you will go "aah" as you will understand how the story is told in the trial.

Man. Never knew that. Since I've not played it. But, that's sheer genius.

Couple of changes I'd recommend to make life easier - bind the dodge to Left stick+X  or Left stick+A - it is much better than using the L1/LB buttion. Change the mini map rotation  option to "On" to easily track where you are going. My only gripe with the game is how easy the combat is. It borderline feels like a dynasty warrior game as you can just mash heavy and light attacks to win the game. Four hours in and after completing the first kingmaker trial, I did not use a single healing item - NOT ONE. 

Besides the combat being easy, the game is top notch in all other aspects.

Everytime Evan says "excuse me", I get PSD flashbacks of :rofl:

Edited by Keano

4 hours ago, Keano said:

bind the dodge to Left stick+X  or Left stick+A

This. and I was thinking if I was the only one who was feeling bit uncomfortable with LB dodge. 

"Excuse me" is so annoying man! It just puts me off somehow

Story seems to be good. I am at a point where I think they are going to initiate kingdom building aspect. 

Edited by Django_3101

21 minutes ago, Keano said:

Played few more hours and completed chapter 3. Evan started building the Kingdom

Reveal hidden contents

Evermore

Just touched there.. I am pretty sure if I put in long hours I am going to get bored.  So, taking it slow