Phil Fish Got Hacked!

Ned.

The fact that you made a good game doesn't give you the right to be an a**hole to whoever you want just because it's the internet. If you talk sh*t to people, especially to your audience, you will get sh*t back, and what you get back will be a lot worse because you're one and the people you pissed off are in the thousands.

If you want to be an indie superstar who can do and say whatever you want because you're not accountable to anyone, go ahead, but remember that the fact that you make consumer products means you're open to feedback and criticism from your consumers. Be mature enough to take it rather than first being a prick and then playing the victim.

I agree with AnK. It's like Phil Fish slapping someone, and that someone responding by shooting him with a bazooka.

I'm not defending Fish. He's certainly not an angel, but nothing he has ever done has warranted such an extreme reaction. What really worries me about this is that 99% of the public reaction from this event, is "Fish had it coming".

What this inadvertently does is that it validates the hacker. He's (they?) probably reading the messages and feeling that what he did was right and justified, and he (or someone else like him) will do it again next time he feel someone deserves it.

And the victim blaming continues. Astonishing. :doh:

Dude, she was walking home alone at night after getting drunk at a party. And she was wearing a mini skirt. Now I am not saying she DESERVED to get raped. But she should have expected that and seen it coming.

FUUUCK. NOOOO!

This isnt even about Phil Fish. Arguments, rhetoric or even verbal vitriol at no point deserve to be responded with violence or unlawful attacks. There is no "justification" to it. There is no "deserved" to it. There is no "shoulda seen it coming" to it. And there damn sure as hell is no "you have to expect that" to it. No you should NOT have to expect that. And if as a human being thats your first line of thought, I genuinely feel bad for society and the people around you.

This isnt an act of vigilantism. This is an indefensible, repugnant act carried out by terrible people. Why do I even have to state this? I feel like I am taking crazy pills here to even have to say this out loud.

WTF IVG.

And the victim blaming continues. Astonishing. :doh:

Dude, she was walking home alone at night after getting drunk at a party. And she was wearing a mini skirt. Now I am not saying she DESERVED to get raped. But she should have expected that and seen it coming.

FUUUCK. NOOOO!

This isnt even about Phil Fish. Arguments, rhetoric or even verbal vitriol at no point deserve to be responded with violence or unlawful attacks. There is no "justification" to it. There is no "deserved" to it. There is no "shoulda seen it coming" to it. And there damn sure as hell is no "you have to expect that" to it. No you should NOT have to expect that. And if as a human being thats your first line of thought, I genuinely feel bad for society and the people around you.

This isnt an act of vigilantism. This is an indefensible, repugnant act carried out by terrible people. Why do I even have to state this? I feel like I am taking crazy pills here to even have to say this out loud.

WTF IVG.

shitjustgotreal-sh-t-just-got-real.gif

Ank was right all along :panic:

You read the news.. Ignore? best thing. Feel sympathy? yes ok. Laugh off? alright. The next day you forget anyways. Its some dude whos far away, and there is nothing you can do even if you show sympathy to him or laugh at his loss.

So much drama when it is not required in the slightest.

WTF IVG.

The sympathy meter for Fish is pretty low everywhere.

So after sone reading some opinions I am 50% convinced that Fish might have doxed himself just for bailing himself out along with Quinn.

Quinn could have a target cuz of high interest in the booty paraphernalia coming outta her 5 guys bang bang.

But Phil has no connection with this except that he backed her...so hackers went after him to teach him a lesson slash they believe Quinn and Fish are f**ckin each other.

Anyhoo...if he is serious he should instead go to cops.

Anyhoo...if he is serious he should instead go to cops.

Seriously, go make a police complaint instead of crying over twitter and telling people you're not making games anymore. No one gives a sh*t. Sucker Punch just laid off bunch of guys, people who actually loved making games. And that was after making games like Sly and Infamous. They'll be looking for jobs in coming months while this a-hole tells people they're not worthy of his stuff :rofl:

Archived