The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This favouritism has cost us very badly. Too many good cricketer never get a fair chance to prove themselves at the top level. I honestly thought Rahane would never play for India after being a benchwarmer for so many years. He was fortunate enough to be given a 2nd chance after failure in his first match.

Also, BCCI are not at all happy with Dhoni's comments on Fletcher. Maybe they'll take action against him.

http://www.gocricket.com/news/India-in-England-2014-BCCI-takes-exception-to-MS-Dhonis-comments-on-Duncan-Fletcher/articleshow/40869884.cms?utm_source=TOInewHP_TILwidget&utm_medium=ABtest&utm_campaign=TOInewHP

Last time I checked it's up to BCCI to keep or sack Fletcher so if Dhoni is making such comments means he is now bigger than bcci or he thinks so. Pathetic state of affairs.

Sent from my Nexus 4

that statement was so arrogant. basically now he considers himself Owner of Team India. whatever little respect he has left is going down the drain very quickly

also this statement -

We are welcoming the new guys because that is very important. They will be part of the dressing-room family as of now. We will have to give them some time to adjust to how we operate, and see what kind of input they bring to the table.

yes. how we (meaning "I") operate. ie how i dont like to do any practice even though my wicketkeeping is going to the dogs & how i like to play football so instead of team practicing their cricketing skills i make them play soccer so what if it can lead to an injury & so what if they keep dropping their catches.

Jadeja was MOS in Champions Trophy IIRC.

Why should he? Jadeja is #5 on the bowler rankings and #4 on the All rounders ICC rankings list for ODIs. He's been terrible in overseas conditions in tests but has performed decently in the limited overs formats.

this was due to his good first year as bowler. now that people have realised he doesnt turn the ball they know how to play him. IIRC he didnt do too well in SA/NZ odis

that statement was so arrogant. basically now he considers himself Owner of Team India. whatever little respect he has left is going down the drain very quickly

also this statement -

yes. how we (meaning "I") operate. ie how i dont like to do any practice even though my wicketkeeping is going to the dogs & how i like to play football so instead of team practicing their cricketing skills i make them play soccer so what if it can lead to an injury & so what if they keep dropping their catches.

Success and fame has gone into his head. He thinks he is bigger than bcci and cricket itself now. No matter how much he has achieved I think it's time to replace him.

He is pissed that bowling and fielding coach have been replaced cos they were in his Nexus of Yes man. As is Fletcher so he is throwing his weight behind him. He knows Shastri will ask for accountability so he is already undermining his role as the team Boss. Somehow I don't feel Dhoni is now interested in team success as he use to be. He is now more into holding places and dictating whatever he wants. If bcci has any spine left they should do something about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

^ Ahahaha.

BCCI wanted to send a message and Dhoni says he didn't get any.

Team India hasn't been practicing since ages...almost all of the sessions are optional or they play football. This is nothing new.

Dhoni doesn't want the coachrs to open their mouths.

^ Ahahaha.

Team India hasn't been practicing since ages...almost all of the sessions are optional or they play football. This is nothing new.

^ Ahahaha.

^ Ahahaha.

Now, that's called reinforcing a point!

imagine something like this happening on eve of WC S/F with virat in great form --

https://twitter.com/chetannarula/status/504261877741150208

Indian team playing their customary warm-up football game. Sanju Samson with a harsh tackle on Virat Kohli who goes down in pain. #EngvsInd

Seriously which retard comes up with these kinda sh*t practice ideas :doh:

people who keep saying there is no alternative to dhoni should look at performances by the unheralded angelo matthews & dinesh ramdin after they were made captain. pick a smart, combative player & give him the responsibilty,

Mathews is amazing :majesty:

Player of the year so far..

Delivering in both ODI's and tests..

Scoring hell lot of runs when required...ONe of the best all rounders now...

Even today played a super innings..

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic