~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Sherlock Mini-Episode: Many Happy Returns - Sherlock Series 3 Prequel - BBC One

Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor - Preview Clip

Bonus: Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch dance off

Pure awesomeness!  :fap:

Edited by Heaven Angel

pfb3ORD.gif

I hate endings, damm it. Decent special episode. Nice Christmas setting, Pond, Fish fingers with custard and all my favorite villains in one episode. :D

They dragged the whole ageing thing a bit and battle was so short. Should have shorten the family crap instead.

Also, should have given nice glorious ending to Matt instead of regenerating instantly.

Goodbye raggedy Doctor and all awesome bow ties, fez, glasses, hats and dance. :sadbye::sadbye:

(time flies so fast).

"Kidneys. I've got new kidneys... Would you happen to know how to fly this thing?"

Edited by Heaven Angel

So glad Sherlock is back. Two long years it has been.

Watched the Downton Christmas special today. It was a mixed bag. It had the pomp and spectacle that you expect from the show but the writing was just as weak as it has been for the last couple of years. To think it was on the verge of becoming a pop culture phenomenon after the first couple of seasons. It ranks up there with Lost, Prison Break and BSG as a show whose quality fell off a cliff after an extremely promising start.

Has anyone seen this French show called Les Revenants? A friend told me about it and it's supposed to be pretty decent. At the very least it has an intriguing premise, plus only a handful of episodes in the first season. Thinking of getting to that next.

Just watched Sherlock Season 3 Episode 1..

Kind of meh tbh :samui: . Especially compared with the standard set by the previous 2 seasons.. Too much time spent on rubbish things. Not much of a real threat in this episode.

But have to admit it does setup season 3's next episodes well.

Sherlock meeting up with Watson scene made me laugh out loud. :rofl::rofl:

Has anyone seen this French show called Les Revenants? A friend told me about it and it's supposed to be pretty decent. At the very least it has an intriguing premise, plus only a handful of episodes in the first season. Thinking of getting to that next.

I want to know too.

I have, and it's absolutely brilliant. One of the best shows I watched last year.

Normally, it would be enough but I seem to have an aversion to period crime dramas. I find stuff like Magic City/Boardwalk dry and unwatchable. That's why I was wondering about this one. In any case, Mob City is 6 episodes so might as well try and find time to get through it.

Did you try Mob City out? Was it worth the time? Darabont can be hit and miss sometimes.

I have, and it's absolutely brilliant. One of the best shows I watched last year.

Good to know. I'll try and start it today.

Did you try Mob City out? Was it worth the time? Darabont can be hit and miss sometimes.

Nope, it just slipped off my radar. I'm going to watch Les Revenants and then another show called Rectify which is also getting a lot of praise (and has very few episodes). If there's time before regular show season starts off again, I'll look into Mob City. Maybe :P