~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

'Boardwalk Empire' Ending With Season 5. :(:)

HBO’S EMMY®-WINNING DRAMA SERIES BOARDWALK EMPIRE TO RETURN FOR

FIFTH AND FINAL SEASON THIS FALL

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 9, 2104 – The Emmy®-winning HBO drama series BOARDWALK EMPIRE will return for a fifth and final season this fall, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming.

“It has been an incredible honor to bring this powerful and groundbreaking series to our subscribers,” said Lombardo. “Terry Winter has created one for the ages.”

“We’re thrilled to get the go-ahead for a fifth season of BOARDWALK EMPIRE,” said Terry Winter. “After much discussion with my creative team and HBO, we’ve decided to wrap up the series after such a great run and look forward to bringing it to a powerful and exciting conclusion.”

From Terence Winter, Emmy®-winning writer of “The Sopranos” and Academy Award®-winning director Martin Scorsese, BOARDWALK EMPIRE is set in the 1920s during Prohibition, and chronicles the life and times of Enoch “Nucky” Thompson, the undisputed leader of Atlantic City.

Among the critical raves for the fourth season of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, New York’s Daily News said it “remains must-see television drama,” while People called it “terrific” and a “gripping spectacle.” The Chicago Tribune hailed the show’s “achingly good performances,” and Variety termed it “one of TV’s most compelling dramas.”

Last September, BOARDWALK EMPIRE received five Emmy® Awards, the most of any series, in the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy® Awards competition, including Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Bobby Cannavale); Outstanding Art Direction for a Single-Camera Series; Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series; Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour); and Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series.

In 2012, the show received four Emmy® Awards, including Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Tim Van Patten). In 2011, the series led all programming with eight Emmy® Awards, including Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Martin Scorsese). In Jan. 2011, BOARDWALK EMPIRE received two Golden Globe Awards, for Best Television Series – Drama and Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama (Steve Buscemi).

In Dec. 2013, the show received three Screen Actors Guild Award nominations, including Outstanding Ensemble Performance in a Drama Series, Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series and Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series (Steve Buscemi). In both 2012 and 2011, the series received two Screen Actors Guild awards, for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series and Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series (Steve Buscemi).

Season four credits: Created by Terence Winter, BOARDWALK EMPIRE is executive produced by Terence Winter, Martin Scorsese, Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, Tim Van Patten and Howard Korder; co-executive producers, Eugene Kelly and Eric Overmyer; consulting producer, Dennis Lehane; producers, Joseph Iberti and Rick Yorn.

Never thought Sherlock will go down so low. Awful episode.

Hopefully they don't mess up with season finale.

_

Intelligence pilot was meh. Expected. :(

Helix - Seems interesting and tension was built well. I like it so far.

Time to check on Banshee.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Season 1 - A Game of Thrones

Season 2 - A Clash of Kings

Season 3 - Approx. the first half of A Storm of Swords.

Season 4 - Approx. the second half of A Storm of Swords

Plot details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes

Edited by Heaven Angel

How good is Justified?

I've been told it's great, but I've only seen the first episode of the four seasons I have. Seemed decent, although nowhere near HBO quality. I hope it gets better.

Yea, it's pretty bad. I've watched all 5 odd episodes and it's a waste. I feel they're too afraid of getting deep into science fiction because they'll end up losing audiences a'la Fringe. So it ends up being just another buddy cop show with a sci fi background. I kind of wish it gets cancelled so that Michael Ealy can move on to something better. Fantastic actor who deserves better than this crap. Same goes for the lovely Minka Kelly as well.

This *could* have been Minka Kelly's big break, but all she did was fawn over the cop dude in the 15-20 minutes I watched.. :/

I'll just go back to remembering her by her cameo in 500 days of Summer.

@Saanp: Saale.

Edited by keyofx

SHerlock S3 Episode 3 --EPIC :panic::panic::panic:

Best one in the entire series imo :fear:

MORIATY IS ALIVE !! :panic::surprise:

Indeed! Brilliant episode. :O

So no one died on that roof. Once again Moffat lied.

or that was not Moriarty.

or Mycroft and Sherlock's long lost brother.

Yasmine Akram UaHhvN9.gif

Edited by Heaven Angel

If Justified is similar (gritty) to SoA, then will start watching it right away.

Although I've been meaning to take a break from shows having 40-minute episodes, and go for something 20min. Sitcoms and such. Even Seinfeld is pending... hmmm