The Android Thread

pArth

Guys am looking to replace my BB Storm.Max budget 20k.

I am looking for a Android phone with a good display with a min of 4inches. Fast UI + good camera capabilities under all lighting and minimum of 720p recording and most important of em all it sould have good Audio quality atleast as good as those nokia music edition phones!

Open to get mildly used phones too! Suggest me the best phone in this budget.

P.s. Was lookin at the Optimus 2x but the phone's camera gets screwed after the Gingebread update it seems, so having second thoughts on that!

Galaxy S wont be getting the ICS update, will it??

Nexus S doesnt have HD video recording!

S Plus doesnt have led flash + no iCS update!

Damn! Every model has some drawback or the other!

Any other suggestions guys!??

Nope, galaxy S wont get it. Nexus S can record upto 480p. Splus is great, but no camera flash.

These were the reasons I saved up and went for Galaxy S2. No drawbacks and ICS guranteed. If you cant increase budget, go for Xperia Neo V or Xperia Arc. Sony has promised ICS for all Xperia phones released in 2011. I am guessing they will get it sometime in June 2011.

Also, Galaxy S2 is available on Sulekha for 24,999. 2-3 members on TechEnclave ordered it and got without any issues in 4 days. If you trust Sulekha, you can go for it. If you are spending 20k, I suggest spend a few more and get the best yet.

Edited by ambar_hitman

Nope, galaxy S wont get it. Nexus S can record upto 480p. Splus is great, but no camera flash.

These were the reasons I saved up and went for Galaxy S2. No drawbacks and ICS guranteed. If you cant increase budget, go for Xperia Neo V or Xperia Arc. Sony has promised ICS for all Xperia phones released in 2011. I am guessing they will get it sometime in June 2011.

Also, Galaxy S2 is available on Sulekha for 24,999. 2-3 members on TechEnclave ordered it and got without any issues in 4 days. If you trust Sulekha, you can go for it. If you are spending 20k, I suggest spend a few more and get the best yet.

Thanks mate! S2 is too large for my hands, and I have slippery handskeep dropping things but it has such a beautiful screen! Xperia Neo V/Arc looks sexy guess I ll check these phones out!

Edited by Ram Dante

Micromax!! now way!

wasn't suggesting you get it.... just posting that they launched it..... personally i wouldn't buy micromax either..... but from what I've read they have done a pretty good job.

and if you are gonna try sulekha.com they have the desire s for 20k and the incredible s for 21k....

Oh btw Kal-El is out. It's Tegra 3 now and in the Asus Transformer Prime. So much for dual core mobile devices :P

kal-el is not all peaches though.. It still has a single channel for memory interface (That's why all their demos are ones which dont require much memory bandwidth) and synchronous cores..I'd rather prefer a dual core next gen arch. than an A9 quad going into 2012

kal-el is not all peaches though.. It still has a single channel for memory interface (That's why all their demos are ones which dont require much memory bandwidth) and synchronous cores..I'd rather prefer a dual core next gen arch. than an A9 quad going into 2012

Agreed but I don't think people are gonna go that deep with their thought process. I'm guessing a good number will buy any quad core device they put on the market without really thinking about memory bandwidth.

Installed MIUI on my N1 yesterday. It is by far the best experience on an Android phone, offers tons of tweaks and utiliities right out of the box. And no unnecessary apps whatsoever as part of the install. A big thumbs up to the guys at MIUI.

I was about to try CM7 but ended up trying this first. Any reason to go to CM7 over MIUI?

Installed MIUI on my N1 yesterday. It is by far the best experience on an Android phone, offers tons of tweaks and utiliities right out of the box. And no unnecessary apps whatsoever as part of the install. A big thumbs up to the guys at MIUI.

I was about to try CM7 but ended up trying this first. Any reason to go to CM7 over MIUI?

I keep thinking about the right opposite question. I'm still on NSCollab (a CM7 based ROM) on my Nexus S and I'm hesitating with regard to shifting to MIUI because I don't have the time to back up and shift every single app and set up the homescreen all over again.

For me, MIUI is sluggish and a huge battery drain.

I don't like the long press Home thing they've done, it's extremely irritating.

CM7 + GO Launcher EX is what I prefer, anytime.

However, MIUI's overall UX, popup menus is very good, their copy paste mechanism is one of the best I've ever seen.

Another pet peeve I have with MIUI is you can't slide away/remove individual notifications. Dunno if they've added that, since I tried it quite a while ago.

Edited by Superfrag