Ninja Gaiden 3

KnackChap

• 2 weeks later...

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1174710p1.html

If you played Ninja Gaiden in the last seven years, you'll know the Flying Swallow. A gap-closing move that would send protagonist Ryu flying through the air chopping off heads in the process, it's been a staple of effective crowd management in Ninja Gaiden games since Ninja Gaiden games reentered the gaming conversation. And in Ninja Gaiden III, it's gone. In its place is a decently effective suplex move that puts a hurt on enemies, but it's not a potential instant kill anymore and it's not as effective in moving Ryu across large distances to engage groups of enemies.

Maybe. I'm good at Ninja Gaiden, but I've never been able to jump into a game on Hard and manhandle the opposition the way I did in Ninja Gaiden III's opening level. Ninja Gaiden is a series known for its willingness to butcher the unwary from the word "go," but Hayashi has said that he wants Ninja Gaiden III to be a more approachable game than past titles. So I'm not expecting the not-thinly-veiled-at-all insults of Ninja Gaiden Black directed at players tackling Ninja Gaiden III on anything lower than normal -- ninja dogs, breathe a sigh of relief.

The lack of dismemberment or even decapitation was bizarre, because those things were mechanical elements in previous Ninja Gaiden games -- it was a faster way to disable opponents. The "cutting" mechanic, where Ryu's sword gets stuck in an enemy and has to sort of be sawed out, is... strange. It slows combat down in a series traditionally known for fights that can be over in an instant. Of course, the quicktime sequences slow things down even more, and I'm not really sure what they're doing there.

Time to quit gaming I guess :(

Whyd they remove Flying Swallow its his trademark move... and even in the trailer he kinda does it at the end... I didnt think they would remove it O_o .... and QTEs in this game is fail... dont know why they bothered with that...

Whyd they remove Flying Swallow its his trademark move... and even in the trailer he kinda does it at the end... I didnt think they would remove it O_o .... and QTEs in this game is fail... dont know why they bothered with that...

Ninja Blade. :giggle:

ninja blade was awesome

+1 :bigyellowgrin:

ninja blade kitna bhi awsome ho....i dont want Ninja gaiden to be ike that....it had fantastic gameplay yaar.....graphics and new boss fights and more crazy levels is all that this game requires....it was already awesome....why do they had to do these changes?? :doh:

I thought the game pace never flagged. Not a big Ninja Gaiden fan here so I am not sure if it has slowed down since the earlier games. The level that I tried played out fast enough. The enemies took quite a beating too yet kept coming back for more.

wait till The Last Guardian. :console:

The last guardian of JPN gaming scene :(

I thought the game pace never flagged. Not a big Ninja Gaiden fan here so I am not sure if it has slowed down since the earlier games. The level that I tried played out fast enough. The enemies took quite a beating too yet kept coming back for more.

In previous NG games if you're surrounded and if you just stand still, you're dead in less than 10 seconds. There's no breather, no invincible frames of animation, if five guys hit you at once you'll get damage from all five hits (unlike other hack n slash game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrEXRXjsKGg

And NGB can get even crazier than this..

Flying Swallow is gone? WTF !

So I can't get random insta kills or combo it into Izuna Drop anymore? FUUUUUUUUUUU !!

And NGB can get even crazier than this..

And that's just the first level in NG2 :lol:

There's no breather, no invincible frames of animation

Not quite you are invincible while pulling off executions, charge or magic attacks.

Not quite you are invincible while pulling off executions, charge or magic attacks.

Yeah I remember using Nippo just to avoid being hit by that unavoidable boss stomp with 50% damage, or 70% in case of Alma's teleport lift, rarely used it to actually cause damage :P

FAIL

Wait till you see wall climbing sections while alternately pressing L/R triggers with QTEs, like MW2's ice pick climbing.

Archived