Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My C8 conked off 3 days ago. Screen wouldn't turn on - the red light just flashed three times and disappeared. 

Registered a complaint - engineer visit happened the same day - the TV was only taking in 12V vs 24V, apparently mobo fired. No idea how it happened since I have it connected to an APC UPS, which regulates voltage. 

Nevertheless, mobo + 2 cables had to be changed. Total cost was around 8.3k, including 1700 bucks as service charge. 

Decent experience - all parts were arranged within 2 days. 

How old? Was it in warranty? Which UPS are you using (I want to buy one too for TV, Apple TV and PS5)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

How old? Was it in warranty? Which UPS are you using (I want to buy one too for TV, Apple TV and PS5)?

 

It's a 2018 model. Three and half years now. No warranty. 

Using APC 1500w. PS5, XSX and TV. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

In the settings you can check the life hrs (switched on). You can ask the installation guy to show it to you, it should be zero. But I have heard even this can be reset. Just check for physical signs and panel properly, there is no clear way of detecting it. I got the table stand and the wall mount with my CX don't know if it is the same anymore with the C1.

Thanks will check that. But this sucks!!! :surprise:Hopefully need to trust Vijay Sales that they won't scam me with an open piece. Maybe there is a way to check the date of manufacture / assembly and atleast that should give an idea (if it's older than 3-4 months maybe it was used?)

 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

Good decision, insist on the table top only it will have a waiting period but wait. You can buy the wallmount later if you want but table top will cost a bomb.. I regret not doing this

:o Thanks for the headsup, I will do this (I have a spare wall mount from my VU TV 55", will that do for LG? or should I not risk that?)

 

Are wallmounts / stands not included in the price? We supposed to pay extra for those?

Edited by ox-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My C8 conked off 3 days ago. Screen wouldn't turn on - the red light just flashed three times and disappeared. 

Registered a complaint - engineer visit happened the same day - the TV was only taking in 12V vs 24V, apparently mobo fired. No idea how it happened since I have it connected to an APC UPS, which regulates voltage. 

Nevertheless, mobo + 2 cables had to be changed. Total cost was around 8.3k, including 1700 bucks as service charge. 

Decent experience - all parts were arranged within 2 days. 

dang, this scares me now. Though good to see the mobo isn't very expensive, if it was a screen replacement would have been better to buy a new tv, hope thos holds.

4 minutes ago, ox- said:

Thanks will check that. But this sucks!!! :surprise:Hopefully need to trust Vijay Sales that they won't scam me with an open piece. Maybe there is a way to check the date of manufacture / assembly and atleast that should give an idea (if it's older than 3-4 months maybe it was used?)

 

:o Thanks for the headsup, I will do this (I have a spare wall mount from my VU TV 55", will that do for LG? or should I not risk that?)

 

Are wallmounts / stands not included in the price? We supposed to pay extra for those?

Check the manufacturing date on box, if possible ask them to share the photo before shipping, that shoould give you a good idea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AtheK said:

dang, this scares me now. Though good to see the mobo isn't very expensive, if it was a screen replacement would have been better to buy a new tv, hope thos holds.

 

Since Mobo got replaced, SOT is wiped off. 

 

The service guy was insisting I buy extended warranty for like 50k for 2 years. Refused. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Check the manufacturing date on box, if possible ask them to share the photo before shipping, that shoould give you a good idea.

Thanks will check the manufacturing date on box and I'll also video record the whole thing when it arrives.

 

Not sure how the photo before shipping will help me? 🙈🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My C8 conked off 3 days ago. Screen wouldn't turn on - the red light just flashed three times and disappeared. 

Registered a complaint - engineer visit happened the same day - the TV was only taking in 12V vs 24V, apparently mobo fired. No idea how it happened since I have it connected to an APC UPS, which regulates voltage. 

Nevertheless, mobo + 2 cables had to be changed. Total cost was around 8.3k, including 1700 bucks as service charge. 

Decent experience - all parts were arranged within 2 days. 

 

This gives me a lot of hope for my C9  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ox- said:

Thanks will check the manufacturing date on box and I'll also video record the whole thing when it arrives.

 

Not sure how the photo before shipping will help me? 🙈🤔

Tell them not to ship if manufacturing date is more then 3 months back, and send a different set!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My C8 conked off 3 days ago. Screen wouldn't turn on - the red light just flashed three times and disappeared. 

Registered a complaint - engineer visit happened the same day - the TV was only taking in 12V vs 24V, apparently mobo fired. No idea how it happened since I have it connected to an APC UPS, which regulates voltage. 

Nevertheless, mobo + 2 cables had to be changed. Total cost was around 8.3k, including 1700 bucks as service charge. 

Decent experience - all parts were arranged within 2 days. 

 

5-6k for mobo is pretty cheap imo

Edited by Sach4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sach4life said:

 

5-6k for mobo is pretty cheap imo

 

Yeah. It's decently priced. 6.2k for Mobo, 140 each for ribbon cables, 1650 as service charge. I bought a new remote, and that was 1300 bucks. 

Well under my expectations. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

It's a 2018 model. Three and half years now. No warranty. 

Using APC 1500w. PS5, XSX and TV. 

Do you think a APC 660w is enough for PS5, Apple TV and the 55 inch C1? I don’t have a PS5 now but I’ll get one eventually.

 

is it fine to purchase a UPS second hand?

 

 This is the model I am considering buying — APC Easy UPS BVX1200LI-IN 1200VA / 650W, 230V, UPS System, an Ideal Power Backup & Protection for Home Office, Desktop PC & Home Electronics https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08R8B5MXP/

Edited by Gavara Tarun
Add link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Do you think a APC 660w is enough for PS5, Apple TV and the 55 inch C1? I don’t have a PS5 now but I’ll get one eventually.

 

is it fine to purchase a UPS second hand?

 

 This is the model I am considering buying — APC Easy UPS BVX1200LI-IN 1200VA / 650W, 230V, UPS System, an Ideal Power Backup & Protection for Home Office, Desktop PC & Home Electronics https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08R8B5MXP/

 

Check the home appliances thread. There was a detailed discussion around this. OLED can sometimes peak use around 300w, PS5 also goes for similar levels AFAIR, so 650 will be a bit less IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Check the home appliances thread. There was a detailed discussion around this. OLED can sometimes peak use around 300w, PS5 also goes for similar levels AFAIR, so 650 will be a bit less IMO. 

Can you please link the UPS you’re using here? Searching for APC 1500w throws up multiple models

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Can you please link the UPS you’re using here? Searching for APC 1500w throws up multiple models

 

APC Back-UPS Pro BR1500G-IN, 1500VA / 865W, 230V UPS System, High-Performance Premium Power Backup & Protection for Home Office, Desktop PC, Gaming Console & Home Electronics https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00B2LA7JK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_WQMFRNWD45MNYRE617WR

 

I got it locally though. Around 15k or so AFAIR. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Yeah. It's decently priced. 6.2k for Mobo, 140 each for ribbon cables, 1650 as service charge. I bought a new remote, and that was 1300 bucks. 

Well under my expectations. 

magic remote?

 

Mine is conked off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Nice, let me ask them as well.

 

TV installation guy quoted 2600, but the engineer quoted 1300. Got a sealed LG remote pack from the latter, with invoice from LG directly.  

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

TV installation guy quoted 2600, but the engineer quoted 1300. Got a sealed LG remote pack from the latter, with invoice from LG directly.  

call engineer and tell him to give you one more when he is around your place, then ship it to me, LG i am sure will quote me 3000 here :rant:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...