Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ok guys, By the end of next month I’ll have saves enough to get a 55” OLED.

 

Now the question is, do I buy it right away or wait till diwali etc

 

 Also which one do I get C1,G1 or something.

 

Guide me OLED gang

G1 if you got the money, C1 otherwise.

I am not aware of the prices but if 65 C1 is more or less same as 55 G1 then go for 65.

Wait till Diwali.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

G1 if you got the money, C1 otherwise.

I am not aware of the prices but if 65 C1 is more or less same as 55 G1 then go for 65.

Wait till Diwali.

I can go till 1.20, no idea how much the G1 is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

I can go till 1.20, no idea how much the G1 is

Wait till Diwali mate, that is the best time and you get best price to buy!!

 

I liked the Neo QLED also, but well blacks are blacks only on OLED, though the former  gets really bright.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally got my C1 today. But had a few hiccups along the way.

 

ICICI wouldn’t allow my purchase to go through no matter how many times I called them up. Happened while I went to the store to make the full payment and I later called them up again and asked to allow the purchase to go through. They said they’ve sorted it out, so I scheduled delivery and told the shop I’ll pay on delivery.


On the day of delivery, same problem persisted. Ended up having to use another card with no cashback offer available, so paid 1.2 instead or 1.08.

 

Shitty experience with the purchase but it’s a long term investment and I’m getting 3 years warranty instead of 1 when I look at Amazon listings. Can’t wait for this to get installed tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Finally got my C1 today. But had a few hiccups along the way.

 

ICICI wouldn’t allow my purchase to go through no matter how many times I called them up. Happened while I went to the store to make the full payment and I later called them up again and asked to allow the purchase to go through. They said they’ve sorted it out, so I scheduled delivery and told the shop I’ll pay on delivery.


On the day of delivery, same problem persisted. Ended up having to use another card with no cashback offer available, so paid 1.2 instead or 1.08.

 

Shitty experience with the purchase but it’s a long term investment and I’m getting 3 years warranty instead of 1 when I look at Amazon listings. Can’t wait for this to get installed tomorrow.

which store did you buy it from, RD also had a 12K cashback on HDFC card.

 

Congrats on the purchase, you will have a great time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

which store did you buy it from, RD also had a 12K cashback on HDFC card.

 

Congrats on the purchase, you will have a great time.

Videotronics, Indiranagar 

 

Thanks, man! I was blown away by the PQ at the store so getting this was a no brainer. Slightly bummed about the cashback so I’ll have to kinda compensate by living on a tighter budget the next couple of months (or pickup more freelance projects, either/or)

Edited by CtrlAltDev93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Wait till Diwali mate, that is the best time and you get best price to buy!!

 

I liked the Neo QLED also, but well blacks are blacks only on OLED, though the former  gets really bright.

Will wait thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

@Sunaku: Unless the TV purchase is absolutely necessary right now, I'd vote for waiting, too.

 

Not absolutely necessary, but my LCD TV is showing its age. So I can wait a few months

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also want to buy C1 , but I'm thinking about reflections because I play in a well lit room during day as well as night time

There are no windows or tubelight in line of sight of the, but there is one to the left of it

I've enclosed pics below

 

Dark scene from dark knight rises(that's bane :P) 

UlnsCBX.jpg

 

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

Windows/ balcony to the left

HSAIDOK.jpg

 

Tubelight 10 inches to the left side of me

Not in line of sight of tv

zAdIQnx.jpg

 

 

 

My question is Whether reflections on OLED will be worse than this while playing in a well lit room?

 

I dont prefer dark room gaming due to medical reasons.

 

So should i go for oled or FALD x90j?

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Snake said:

 

Not absolutely necessary, but my LCD TV is showing its age. So I can wait a few months

By Diwali, it will all be C2/G2, if you can score C1 for cheap anytime before that, like less than 1.1L then go for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I also want to buy C1 , but I'm thinking about reflections because I play in a well lit room during day as well as night time

There are no windows or tubelight in line of sight of the, but there is one to the left of it

I've enclosed pics below

 

Dark scene from dark knight rises(that's bane :P) 

UlnsCBX.jpg

 

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

Windows/ balcony to the left

HSAIDOK.jpg

 

Tubelight 10 inches to the left side of me

Not in line of sight of tv

zAdIQnx.jpg

 

 

 

My question is Whether reflections on OLED will be worse than this while playing in a well lit room?

 

I dont prefer dark room gaming due to medical reasons.

 

So should i go for oled or FALD x90j?

That's pretty bright and direct. In that case I would suggest something brighter than C1 OLEDs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I also want to buy C1 , but I'm thinking about reflections because I play in a well lit room during day as well as night time

There are no windows or tubelight in line of sight of the, but there is one to the left of it

I've enclosed pics below

 

Dark scene from dark knight rises(that's bane :P) 

UlnsCBX.jpg

 

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

Windows/ balcony to the left

HSAIDOK.jpg

 

Tubelight 10 inches to the left side of me

Not in line of sight of tv

zAdIQnx.jpg

 

 

 

My question is Whether reflections on OLED will be worse than this while playing in a well lit room?

 

I dont prefer dark room gaming due to medical reasons.

 

So should i go for oled or FALD x90j?

I've said it before but... 

The reason FALD is considered better in bright rooms is because of higher brightness. X90j brightness is same as C1 so it'll have absolutely zero benefit compared to it. 

If you want to use a TV in a bright room, you need to get the flagship FALD TVs like x95 which will cost you. 

You can use rtings to compare specs. 

The window is actually not a problem. But the light is. Direct lighting f**ks the IQ. Still manageable tbh. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

That's pretty bright and direct. In that case I would suggest something brighter than C1 OLEDs.

No paisa for G1 :'( Max budget is 1 lakh. Anything within 1 lakh with specs like C1 or x90j that'll suit my needs?QN90a is good but no Dolby vision is a letdown

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I've said it before but... 

The reason FALD is considered better in bright rooms is because of higher brightness. X90j brightness is same as C1 so it'll have absolutely zero benefit compared to it. 

If you want to use a TV in a bright room, you need to get the flagship FALD TVs like x95 which will cost you. 

You can use rtings to compare specs. 

The window is actually not a problem. But the light is. Direct lighting f**ks the IQ. Still manageable tbh. 

There is no direct lighting to the TV bro 

Light is on the left side of the room

 

I did a specs comparison of c1 and x90j and in terms of handling reflections, C1 apparently does a better job lol

 

But as I said there is no direct light falling on the tv

 

I can use curtains to minimise daytime light and use oled right?

But  x95j is definitely out of my budget

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

No paisa for G1 :'( Max budget is 1 lakh. Anything within 1 lakh with specs like C1 or x90j that'll suit my needs?QN90a is good but no Dolby vision is a letdown

There is no direct lighting to the TV bro 

Light is on the left side of the room

 

I did a specs comparison of c1 and x90j and in terms of handling reflections, C1 apparently does a better job lol

 

But as I said there is no direct light falling on the tv

 

I can use curtains to minimise daytime light and use oled right?

But  x95j is definitely out of my budget

Yeah pretty much. My TV actually has direct light and curtains solve the issue completely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah pretty much. My TV actually has direct light and curtains solve the issue completely. 

Ya i can do that

Night time using tubelight won't be an issue i assume. It's not in line with the tv at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

I also want to buy C1 , but I'm thinking about reflections because I play in a well lit room during day as well as night time

There are no windows or tubelight in line of sight of the, but there is one to the left of it

I've enclosed pics below

 

Dark scene from dark knight rises(that's bane :P) 

UlnsCBX.jpg

 

Bright/ normal stuff

YvaAyxv.jpg

Windows/ balcony to the left

HSAIDOK.jpg

 

Tubelight 10 inches to the left side of me

Not in line of sight of tv

zAdIQnx.jpg

 

 

 

My question is Whether reflections on OLED will be worse than this while playing in a well lit room?

 

I dont prefer dark room gaming due to medical reasons.

 

So should i go for oled or FALD x90j?

 

OLED with curtains is the way to go. 

Also, LG service charges are decent. Sony charges f**king 800 bucks to unmount the TV, another 800 to remount. I'm sure other charges are also exorbitant. I recently had to get C8s' motherboard changed, and it was surprisingly affordable.

Not to mention Android TV is a sh*thole. WebOS is lub. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...