The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

I don't care about the lack of a 3.5mm jack, but i do want a sturdy device who's internals don't die out randomly, i haven't bought a samsung flagship after my note 5 so i am looking for some assurance that they are not as bad with components failing like i said happened to myself, i especially notice that S-Series is more durable with parts than note series.

29 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I don't care about the lack of a 3.5mm jack, but i do want a sturdy device who's internals don't die out randomly, i haven't bought a samsung flagship after my note 5 so i am looking for some assurance that they are not as bad with components failing like i said happened to myself, i especially notice that S-Series is more durable with parts than note series.

I have had 0 issues with my S6, S7 edge, S8, S9+

So there is that... 

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

I have had 0 issues with my S6, S7 edge, S8, S9+

So there is that... 

Wow that's nice but like i said S-Series receives more love and care because it's a mainstream flagship and not a bit of niche like Note series, though i am really glad to see so many people here who like sammy nowadays than back in the where many here made fun of them.

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

70k for that piece of crap Note 10 lol. Note 10+ is better but even that doesn't have jack.

57 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah it sucks how wired headphones are going out of production. I tried Bluetooth ones but it sucked so returned and ordered wired ones. 

You both haven't tried galaxy buds, i frankly say they are on par with my Sennhiser m30s, the only area they need to work on is just hitting the sweet spot, but if i am going wireless I'll go for that but at a discount.

Did anyone here use samsung u-flex bluetooth headset, since the buds are not a pre-order bonus i need some cheaper yet good alternative that should pause, previous/next track, pick up calls and increase/decrease volume.

Brand doesn't matter, quality and non overpriced product does. preferably below 5k

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Wow that's nice but like i said S-Series receives more love and care because it's a mainstream flagship and not a bit of niche like Note series, though i am really glad to see so many people here who like sammy nowadays than back in the where many here made fun of them.

Including me, hated the plastic bodies uptil S5. TouchWiz was sh*t too, one UI has changed that. Sammy has definitely turned it around.. 

11 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

In the world of electronics no one can give any assurances , it all comes down to luck. But still Sammy and apple both makes quality devices ,apples CC is a lot better than any other brand but hey since you are paying premium theres that

I have seen china phones running for 3 years while iphones breaking within a month 

Anyways I would better buy some cheap flagships and then upgrade it next year .The way technology is moving there is no such thing as future proof .With lpddr5  coming next year it would be reasonable to hold on for few more  months.

plus see if you can get a note 9 for cheap that is more vfm than the latest one.

In the world of electronics no one can give any assurances , it all comes down to luck. But still Sammy and apple both makes quality devices ,apples CC is a lot better than any other brand but hey since you are paying premium theres that
I have seen china phones running for 3 years while iphones breaking within a month 

Anyways I would better buy some cheap flagships and then upgrade it next year .The way technology is moving there is no such thing as future proof .With lpddr5  coming next year it would be reasonable to hold on for few more  months.
plus see if you can get a note 9 for cheap that is more vfm than the latest one.

No price drop on note 9 as of yet it's stupidly selling at 68k still on official sammy stores and i don't know and trust jugad stores.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, HotSonix said:

Samsung Fanboy :P

Na not a fan boy, but between Apple and sammy, sammy anyday. Might try to reno zoom 10x if the price comes down. 

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

No price drop on note 9 as of yet it's stupidly selling at 68k still on official sammy stores and i don't know and trust jugad stores.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Wait till 23rd Aug once the note 10 hits the market. 

I am tempted to buy note 10 pro, but the  s9+ is going strong, and one more major update is guaranteed. Maybe wait out this cycle and go with s11+

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Na not a fan boy, but between Apple and sammy, sammy anyday. Might try to reno zoom 10x if the price comes down. 

Wait till 23rd Aug once the note 10 hits the market. 

I am tempted to buy note 10 pro, but the  s9+ is going strong, and one more major update is guaranteed. Maybe wait out this cycle and go with s11+

Reno is good but I cant stand that color os ,same reason not buying the K20 pro. Dont want a add infested UI

Holding on to my S8 till now, 

Waiting for a next Sammy cam upgrade , they are using the same sensor now since s7 

Finally took the leap and bought the OnePlus 7. Coming from the OP3T, The battery is a beast. Can finally use Bluetooth 24x7 and the dual speakers are insane. Phone is not as big as I thought it'd be. Feels big because if more real estate.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

On 8/12/2019 at 2:34 PM, HotSonix said:

Reno is good but I cant stand that color os ,same reason not buying the K20 pro. Dont want a add infested UI

Holding on to my S8 till now, 

Waiting for a next Sammy cam upgrade , they are using the same sensor now since s7 

Just FYI, there are no ads on the K20 series.

Need urgent reply from those who have pre-orderd samsung phones and taken the discounted product on offer or know anything about this with experience

So we are getting galaxy buds with Note 10/10+ for 5k seems good to me, i inquired about how will i get them, the shop lady said i will have to install samsung app, login with a samsung account when i purchase my phone then i will see both watch and buds offer, i will have to choose buds and purchase it through it for the said app by paying with either credit/debit card/ net banking or paytm then enter my home address and the buds will be sent there, is this process legit or is this a scam, i don't get why they just don't give you them at store and confirming if you want the watch or buds beforehand.

Edited by NitroNeo

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Need urgent reply from those who have pre-orderd samsung phones and taken the discounted product on offer or know anything about this with experience

So we are getting galaxy buds with Note 10/10+ for 5k seems good to me, i inquired about how will i get them, the shop lady said i will have to install samsung app, login with a samsung account when i purchase my phone then i will see both watch and buds offer, i will have to choose buds and purchase it through it for the said app by paying with either credit/debit card/ net banking or paytm then enter my home address and the buds will be sent there, is this process legit or is this a scam, i don't get why they just don't give you them at store and confirming if you want the watch or buds beforehand.

This is how it works. Samsung ships them directly and you will see the banner in the app shortly. Make sure you use the same number to activate the phone and register on the app. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AtheK said:

This is how it works. Samsung ships them directly and you will see the banner in the app shortly. Make sure you use the same number to activate the phone and register on the app. 

Yeah they were saying i have to keep the prebook number i given to them inside the phone for 2 days, why do they require such a procedure if i don't do it will i never be able to use calling function ?

14 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Yeah they were saying i have to keep the prebook number i given to them inside the phone for 2 days, why do they require such a procedure if i don't do it will i never be able to use calling function ?

I did not get the question.. You can use the same number (generally your current mobile number) from the moment you switch on the phone. The prebook number has to be used as phone gets activated on Indian sim, it can be any sim. But if you dont have the same prebook number being used, you won't get the prebooking offer. 

Edited by AtheK

When i prebook it with my number, they said i have to use that sim only for 2 days with the phone, he did not state the reason why, it seemed weird, since i will get the indian model why would i have to go through the procedure of activating the phone like you said, i guess that is for a phone purchased outside india where you have to use a sim of that country for a day, but since i will get the indian unit from official samsung store i find this procedure confusing,