The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

29 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Samsung has smartly not put ads in the software in their top end devices, else people would've revolted lol. Mid range used to have it iirc but they're being phased out. If they could only stop with the sh*t pre-loaded apps we would have a winner. 

There are absolutely ads on Samsung flasghsips. I would get at least one notification ad everyday on my S10e about the latest Samsung phone or tv or whatever. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There are absolutely ads on Samsung flasghsips. I would get at least one notification ad on my S10e about the latest Samsung phone or tv or whatever. 

They did say it'll be removed from flagships. Not sure how they will treat the older phones now...

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-removing-ads-one-ui-stock-apps/#update1

Edited by LordSpymaster

5 minutes ago, dante77 said:

This is why I like one plus. Despite all their shitty moves recently. They have never went to the direction of generating money through ads. Absolutely no bloatware and no ads. 

Such a shame Oxygen OS died and OnePlus lost its touch. 

Android hardware devices in general are in a very sad state :| 

Yeah Samsung phones are the best rn after having used pretty much every oem by now (except pixel). Which isn't saying much because on every Samsung flagship I had up until S10e, micro stuttering would always find it's way in after a few months of usage. I always thought this problem will be addressed but after so many phones, I don't think it's going to be addressed any time soon. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There are absolutely ads on Samsung flasghsips. I would get at least one notification ad everyday on my S10e about the latest Samsung phone or tv or whatever. 

Agree. Some of my friends also own Samsung flagships and there are ads. Perhaps the frequency is less on flagship but it's not ad free. 

21 minutes ago, dante77 said:

This is why I like one plus. Despite all their shitty moves recently. They have never went to the direction of generating money through ads. Absolutely no bloatware and no ads. 

Such a shame Oxygen OS died and OnePlus lost its touch. 

Android hardware devices in general are in a very sad state :| 

I think we need to boycott these Oppo g****s. 

BC accha bhala chal raha tha OnePlus but no they really had to fk it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Has the Indian pricing and pre order benefits been revealed yet? 

I don't see them yet.

Rumours were that we will get Snapdragon this year but Exynos might be better this year.

Another thing to check.

12 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Just a pre-reg page, no price. 2k to pre-order and get a Samsung Tag + option for full refund later.

Lol, I don't think Samsung even wants to release phones here.

That is a statement without any substance, if anything Samsung is one of the companies who get all there phones to India.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

Ultra is too big and S pen is useless for me. Interested in S22+. It's US pricing is 1000$ which translates to 75k. Let's see how much Samsung inflates it for India. They should have revealed India pricing too. 

Usually there pricing are par with Us prices, my guess will be it will retain same pricing as last year and will have cashback anyway so s h ould mimick US pricing

Edited by AtheK