Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

Amazon doesn't block VPN or has any restrictions like Netflix. So you can watch anything from anywhere. 

• Use VPN just for loading the content - hola works well and easy
  • Go to Amazon.com
  • Search what you want to watch
  • Click on watch video -> open in two tabs
  • The second tab -> start and pause the movie
  • The first tab -> once the movie starts turn off hola
  • Now the site will say not available
  • Move to the second tab -> resume 
  • Enjoy content from all regions

34 minutes ago, adity said:

Because most indians are easily offended idiots. They want to avoid controversy.

Yeah, but that's the part I don't understand. If sensitivity was the issue, then it should have been a blanket censorship across all the shows/movies. It's not like nudity in one show would probably offend someone and they would be OK in the next one. I mean this is a site which is offering a show centered around Hugh Hefner for Pete's sake as one of it's original programming. :P 

@Joe Cool You don't even need a VPN. UnoTelly's DNS routing is the easiest possible solution for Amazon US. I have been using it for the better part of this year without any issues. 

Netflix is really hard on blocking these services though. 

@Big Boss That site is fantastic man. I didn't even know Dexter's Lab's first season was added on Amazon along with Ray Donovan & Penny Dreadful. I have to say the content on Prime India is really starting to pick up. It has nearly all of Showtime's leading original shows. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prime India is on the right path to adding content. I can see a trend of popular 90's shows and movies being added up. Heck,I now find it way better than the Amazon US one. I re-watched 'Rumble in the Bronx' recently just for the kicks and still enjoyed every minute of it. Almost jumped with joy when I saw 'Beverly Hills Ninja' added to the catalogue. They could probably add Eddie Murphy's classics like Coming to America, Bowfinger, Beverly Hills Cop (the first movie), The Golden Child, Dr. Dolittle etc. I'm surprised the first 2 Terminator movies are not available on any of the streaming websites. 

As for the Cartoons, it's a nice attempt to add Dexter's Lab & Powerpuff Girls (recently added?). However, I would have still preferred the 90's Hanna-Barbera catalogue which was probably the best of what Cartoon Network once offered. But I'm assuming the licensing deal would probably involve a lot of cost. 

Also, the mobile app desperately needs a cast feature to pair up with the PS4 app, not to mention the whole fast forward option on the PS4 sucks. They should follow YouTube's app design; it's almost perfect. 

On 8/3/2017 at 4:09 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

When will they add walking dead ? ?

They have Fear The Walking Dead and it gets updated almost immediately after the US premiere gets over. Not sure when The Walking Dead will get.

Good to see Penny Dreadful getting added. Always wanted to watch it.

2 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Good to see Penny Dreadful getting added. Always wanted to watch it.

A must watch for sure. It perfectly showcases how talented Eva Green is as an actress. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

Yeah Amazon prime India sounds really awesome. Since there are only 2 major players Netflix and Amazon in India, the streaming landscape isn't as fragmanted as it's here. If you get hotstar, Netflix and Amazon prime, you are set. And Amazon, hotstar are really cheap. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

I wish hotstar is shut down so we can get hbo shows on Netflix.

That probably will never happen. Netflix is one of HBO's biggest rival in original programming. They haven't licensed a single show to Netflix. Amazon US is the only one who currently houses most of HBO's TV shows apart from their own HBO GO streaming site. I believe even the deal between HBO & Amazon is ending by mid 2018.