Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

I meant the “New” next gen version announced at the PS5 event 

you can obviously play the same PS4 version you own via BC 

For the PS5 upgraded version you’ll have to pay for the third time 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

you can play digital version via BC on PS5 . What he meant to say if R* ever enhanced the game for PS5 they will not give you free upgrade

Of course, they wouldn't. It is one of most sold games last two generations and they have serviced the online really well.

And by looks of trailer, enhanced version wouldn't look groundbreaking either, people will be buying for GTO

Its an 8 years old game, which went in development atleast 12 years back, so enhancement could be as much as higher Texture quality with 4K60. 

Dam it, trying to craft the Legend of the East satchel and hunting for a perfect cougar pelt is turning out to be quite frustrating. They are fast as a f*ckin' race car and sneak out of nowhere. Not to mention, finding one itself is another challenge. Spent all afternoon trying to find a cougar and then even when I finally did, messed up the dead-eye aim and it mauled me. :rant:

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Dam it, trying to craft the Legend of the East satchel and hunting for a perfect cougar pelt is turning out to be quite frustrating. They are fast as a f*ckin' race car and sneak out of nowhere. Not to mention, finding one itself is another challenge. Spent all afternoon trying to find a cougar and then even when I finally did, messed up the dead-eye aim and it mauled me. :rant:

Yeah, there's no real help for high level hunting. They should have done something to make it easier as you progress. I alternate between loving the hunting and hating it. 

11 hours ago, Right said:

Of course, they wouldn't. It is one of most sold games last two generations and they have serviced the online really well.

And by looks of trailer, enhanced version wouldn't look groundbreaking either, people will be buying for GTO

Its an 8 years old game, which went in development atleast 12 years back, so enhancement could be as much as higher Texture quality with 4K60. 

Online is ruined completely by Rockstar tbh.

GTA online was my goto online game when it launched but after PC release they got greedy and made everything expensive and grindy to push Shark cards. RDR online no different.  Both feel very grindy now to play. 

I had over 20 sports cars and multiple apartments in GTAO but after few updates everything became so expensive that i had sell almost all cars (except armoured kruma) to gather money for new heists equipments :/

On top of it loading in GTA online is painful. It takes forever to matchmake for  missions nd all. Its not fun man. They adding  content but making it very hard to enjoy new content. 

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Online is ruined completely by Rockstar tbh.

GTA online was my goto online game when it launched but after PC release they got greedy and made everything expensive and grindy to push Shark cards. RDR online no different.  Both feel very grindy now to play. 

I had over 20 sports cars and multiple apartments in GTAO but after few updates everything became so expensive that i had sell almost all cars (except armoured kruma) to gather money for new heists equipments :/

On top of it loading in GTA online is painful. It takes forever to matchmake for  missions nd all. Its not fun man. They adding  content but making it very hard to enjoy new content. 

You still with that semi-naked chick as your GTAO profile?

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

You still with that semi-naked chick as your GTAO profile?

Login and check it out:bigyellowgrin:

Btw you still play online on ps4 or you also done like most of us thanks to all greedy bs Rockstar pulled in GTAO? 

32 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Login and check it out:bigyellowgrin:

Btw you still play online on ps4 or you also done like most of us thanks to all greedy bs Rockstar pulled in GTAO? 

I do log back in from time to time, but the long a*s loading times and the lack of a group to play with doesn't really help.

25 minutes ago, adity said:

Loading would be a lot shorter if you had an XSX. 

GTA online loading will depend on your connection as well.On my pc normal HDD, story  mode loads very fast but online takes forever sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Setup missions so costly that by the time you get ready for main heist, you will get bankrupt lol

I'm sitting with 6 mil in bank, from the early GTAO days exploits (the car one). :lol:

Not that 6 mil is gonna get me anything really good.

17 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Yeah, there's no real help for high level hunting. They should have done something to make it easier as you progress. I alternate between loving the hunting and hating it. 

I managed to score one right after I type that yesterday. Completely random and out of nowhere. Horse got spooked and threw me off. Got my footing, hit dead eye and landed a perfect headshot. Prayed to RNG Gods for perfect pelt and there it was. The satchel is definitely what I was looking for as it can hold 99 of almost every item. 

But I still wish they would have simplified the hunting a bit as I found some aspects of it to be too over-the-top in the name of realism. Watching the whole skinning animation and stowing limited pelts on your horse is a horrible mechanic. Same goes for switching weapons for different animals/birds etc to get the perfect pelts; that's a bit too much.

I feel that I should have really waited for my 4K TV upgrade to play this game as it looks drop dead gorgeous even on a 1080p screen. :P 

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

I'm sitting with 6 mil in bank, from the early GTAO days exploits (the car one). :lol:

Not that 6 mil is gonna get me anything really good.

Lol 6million nothing now in GTAO.  You need 60million to get top quality stuff now

Some thing that really blew my mind when I was playing today...

Okay, so I was riding to the Post Office in Valentine to complete the Rock Carving quest when suddenly I heard a loud sound of a glass window breaking in a nearby building. I immediately brought my horsie to a stop and looked at the building to see a man had been thrown through a window onto the muddy road! The other guy (the husband) who had just thrown him out comes out and yells at him to stay away from his wife and lands a punch to his face... Eeek! The guy, although injured from being thrown through glass and what not stands up and says it was only just a peck on the wife's cheeks and then delivers his own ruthless beating on the husband. In his fit of rage, he beats the husband dead and then says "Maybe I'll go see your wife again and have a drink at the bar on my way to her" and goes back in to the bar like a mean antagonist! Whew!! :wOOtjumpy:

I was like holy sh*t man... did that just happen, that was real as f**k! How does Rockstar even code something as random and believable like that which makes the world in their games that much more immersive. I swear I stopped gaming for a few minutes and just thought about the entire incident, it was so movie-like!

I'm coming to RDR2 right after completing and spending 45+ hours on Cyberpunk 2077 (PC). I cannot even begin to fathom how CDPR could not include even one such, mind you... just ONE such random ped incident which mad me stop and actually ponder on the realism of the city. But no... all I ever stared at in CP2077 were mindless drones repeating same set of inane lines over and over again.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 5