Sign in to follow this  
Big Boss

Assassin's Creed: Origins

On 6/28/2018 at 4:13 PM, adity said:

Nintendo witch is kinda overhyped right now. There are only 2-3 games which I'd say are system sellers. Buying a console for 2-3 games doesn't feel worth it tbh. 

Are you kidding? Every Wed/Thu there are at least 4 games released for the Switch. This has been consistent since release. To the point where we are all shocked that Nintendo got so many developers on board.

4 minutes ago, BinalFossFight said:

Are you kidding? Every Wed/Thu there are at least 4 games released for the Switch. This has been consistent since release. To the point where we are all shocked that Nintendo got so many developers on board.

I'm talking about exclusives. Few people have switch as their primary console. So it hardly matters if they poor man version of games we already own. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

I'm talking about exclusives. Few people have switch as their primary console. So it hardly matters if they poor man version of games we already own. 

3rd party games matter for a console like switch. I played skyrim again on switch and it was a great experience to play it on a handheld.

20 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

3rd party games matter for a console like switch. I played skyrim again on switch and it was a great experience to play it on a handheld.

Third party games matter but not watered versions of home console games. 

Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Rune factory and other unique games like 3ds. 

At least that's the case for me. I'm waiting until switch gets a library at least half as good as 3ds. I'll buy it in a heartbeat then. 

22 minutes ago, adity said:

Third party games matter but not watered versions of home console games. 

Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Rune factory and other unique games like 3ds. 

At least that's the case for me. I'm waiting until switch gets a library at least half as good as 3ds. I'll buy it in a heartbeat then. 

I just gave you the example of a multi plat game being awesome on switch because it is a handheld and it is cool to play it on them. Doom is another example. 

Edited by Sach4life

2 hours ago, adity said:

As for your argument overall, the Switch is not a device that is geared towards having the best console exclusives. It is not PS4 vs. Xbox vs. Switch. The Switch is meant to provide an alternative portable version experience! That's why it's called the Switch. Nintendo is not gunning for console exclusive titles. 

Having said that, they released 2 GOTY contenders of which 1 won the GOTY last year across the board beating out games like Horizon Zero Dawn!

Apart from this, they're constantly releasing good games like Smash Ultimate etc. 3rd party games are not 'watered' down versions as much as they are 'portable' versions. In fact, for running a measly Tegra, it is quite impressive what they're able to achieve. Have you seen Doom run on the Switch? You cannot call it "watered down' from any stretch of the imagination.

51 minutes ago, adity said:

I'm waiting until switch gets a library at least half as good as 3ds

You'll be waiting a while. Hahahaha. Even the 3DS got to where it is after a long time. it did not start off where it is. 

36 minutes ago, BinalFossFight said:

Apart from this, they're constantly releasing good games like Smash Ultimate etc. 3rd party games are not 'watered' down versions as much as they are 'portable' versions. In fact, for running a measly Tegra, it is quite impressive what they're able to achieve. Have you seen Doom run on the Switch? You cannot call it "watered down' from any stretch of the imagination.

Look up what "watered down" means on Google then look at doom and then tell me it isn't watered down. 

I can't imagine playing doom at 540p with sub 30 fps. If you want to have a portable console make portable focused games which run well on that hardware. 

Down the line, switch will be a compelling console with actual good portable games and a meaty lineup of exclusives. Right not its not.

13 hours ago, adity said:

Look up what "watered down" means on Google then look at doom and then tell me it isn't watered down. 

I can't imagine playing doom at 540p with sub 30 fps. If you want to have a portable console make portable focused games which run well on that hardware. 

Down the line, switch will be a compelling console with actual good portable games and a meaty lineup of exclusives. Right not its not.

Lol. First play on switch before making such comments. Doom looks great on switch, more so than Skyrim. Both play well. 

Finally 100% done with the base game and 'the Hidden Ones' DLC. 

Per the checklist:

Every ability unlocked

All Sidequests
Main Story Quests
Completed all gladiator challenges in Krokodilopolis
Completed all gladiator challenges in Cyrene
Completed all Hippodrome races
Killed all 10 Phylakes
Found all 58 Synchronization points (DLC's separate)
Found and solved all 12 stone circles
Solved all 19 tomb puzzle
Rest at 5 Hermit Locations
Completed all location challenges; i.e. Loot Treasure, Kill Captain, Kill Commander, Kill Animal
Fully upgraded all equipment

In addition to the above, got all the Papyrus puzzles too. 

Would have clocked close to 78 hours or so. I enjoyed the game for what it offered. Story-wise it was average. But the visual quality, good Lord, it was on a whole other level. Especially, on the PC, at 'Very High' settings, it looked absolutely brilliant. The gameplay was hit or miss to be honest  with some of the skill tree investments being absolutely worthless. Throughout my playthrough, I didn't use a single smoke bomb, sleep dart or even poison an enemy. So those secondary skills were a complete waste for me. The ranged bow options were enough to take out an entire fort undetected. 

The game has to be applauded for it's dense weapon range, animal variety and the mind numbing detailed world. This engine was really off in terms of optimization and it's performance.  The frame drops were all over the place, most notably in Alexandria and other crowded cities, same applies for the cutscenes too.

It looks like a hiatus really did this franchise some good. But there is definitely a need for a  protagonist to rival the likes of Ezio. Black Flag was the only other game which had a great bunch of characters. I feel Bayek's voice actor did a really good job, but the character itself wasn't entirely compelling. Even Aya for that matter, her motivation and her relationship with Bayek was really odd.  

With Ubi going back to it's yearly model, I'm keen to see what they do with Odyssey.