Elden Ring

Engineer

44 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Jeese dude. 

I will give up on the game if i had to do a fight like this. 

I enjoyed every minute ?

now, I am a master of the combat mechanics after 5 hours of rigorous training ??

• Haha 2

I started with Uchi but then moved on to Bloodhound's Fang boss weapon. The weapon art on it godly and does insane damage. It has wide sweeping R1 attack that is easy hit mobs from both horseback and on foot. The downside is that it take somber smithing shards to upgrade which aren't as easy to find as the normal ones. 

I'm finally done exploring most of Limgrave and the Weeping Peninusula and moved on to Liurnia. Beat

Spoiler

Glintstone Dragon Smarag

and got the key to enter the academy. Really excited to check out the next main dungeon of the game. If it is anything like Stormveil castle, its going to be treat! :D 

Edited by Nikushimi

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I’ve seen many videos where people “die” of “heart attack” and agony when both players and boss at low health. Player panics with a very high heart rate and dies by making a silly mistake at the end

what the f**k..

are you trying to intimidate new players?

• Sad 1

Has anyone tried invading other players? The fact that I can only invade co-op players gives the host an unfair 2v1 advantage. It was still fun and I did manage to kill the host and his buddy once. Got a nice reward too. I used up all my festering bloody fingers for now but there's a quest that gives an item with unlimited invades. :devil:

40 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

I started with Uchi but then moved on to Bloodhound's Fang boss weapon. The weapon art on it godly and does insane damage. It has wide sweeping R1 attack that is easy hit mobs from both horseback and on foot. The downside is that it take somber smithing shards to upgrade which aren't as easy to find as the normal ones. 

I'm finally done exploring most of Limgrave and the Weeping Peninusula and moved on to Liurnia. Beat

Hide contents

Glintstone Dragon Smarag

and got the key to enter the academy. Really excited to check out the next main dungeon of the game. If it is anything like Stormveil castle, its going to be treat! :D 

I just sneaked behind him while he was sleeping and got the key :lol: 

The academy is drop dead beautiful, the art design in this game is out of this world.

Spoiler image

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I just sneaked behind him while he was sleeping and got the key :lol: 

The academy is drop dead beautiful, the art design in this game is out of this world.

Spoiler image

I didn't know it at that time. I saw the notes near the seal and thought I had to kill it. Thankfully I was able to kill him on the second try but then I wondering why the hell have I not received the key for killing it. :lol: 

The magic locations were always a highlight for me in previous Souls games. Liurnia academy is gonna be awesome. ^_^

Edited by Nikushimi

Ok so I'm surprised how short the Academy of Raya Lucaria dungeon was. Finished it in a couple of hours and the two bosses were such pushovers. I legit had more trouble with the giant flowers outside the academy than the bosses. :blink:  The hardest part in the whole dungeon was that creepy doll thingy you see in loading screens.

The whole journey was pretty good though. Felt like I was playing a souls game in Hogwarts. Gonna start exploring Lucaria now, a lot of the enemies in the wilderness were actually pretty tough.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My youtube feed is filled with wacky builds. 

How many f**king weapons does this game even have. It's seriously insane how many different builds can be created with different weapons/armour/weapon arts combos. 

Can play till NG+7 with such variety 

14 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I enjoyed every minute ?

now, I am a master of the combat mechanics after 5 hours of rigorous training ??

Usme kuch mastery hai hi nahi.. games has variety of different bosses with insane combos of attacks. You'll get shut badly soon. :D

• Haha 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-03-elden-ring-launch-sales-cod-fifa-red-dead-redemption

Elden Ring was biggest non-COD, FIFA UK launch since Red Dead Redemption 2

Sales were 2.5 times those of Horizon Forbidden West

These figures reveal that over 68 percent of Elden Rings sales came from digital downloads, with PC and Xbox consoles being the biggest digital platforms. Roughly 85 percent of Elden Ring sales on Xbox were downloaded, while digital sales account for 73 percent of PC players.

Meanwhile, PlayStation users saw almost a 50/50 split between Elden Ring's digital and physical sales.

9 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Ok so I'm surprised how short the Academy of Raya Lucaria dungeon was. Finished it in a couple of hours and the two bosses were such pushovers. I legit had more trouble with the giant flowers outside the academy than the bosses. :blink:  The hardest part in the whole dungeon was that creepy doll thingy you see in loading screens.

The whole journey was pretty good though. Felt like I was playing a souls game in Hogwarts. Gonna start exploring Lucaria now, a lot of the enemies in the wilderness were actually pretty tough.

Damn, was looking forward to spending some good quality time there. The atmosphere there absolutely drips Hogwarts.

28 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Usme kuch mastery hai hi nahi.. games has variety of different bosses with insane combos of attacks. You'll get shut badly soon. :D

3 things I mastered which matter a lot

1) getting a hang of the timing of i-frames 

2) getting a hang of the “weight” of the movement with XSX fps performance 

3) judgement of character positioning and size of hit boxes 

all 3 massively help in beating Fromsoft games

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Damn, was looking forward to spending some good quality time there. The atmosphere there absolutely drips Hogwarts.

Turns out that in classic FromSoft fashion there was an elaborate rooftop section that I missed the first time. The section is completely optional and easy to miss but it does have some nice goodies to pick up. Some of them are vital for a sorcery build. Overall the Academy is probably just as big as Stormveil castle. But I had way fewer deaths in the Academy which made it feel shorter.

Edited by Nikushimi

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

3 things I mastered which matter a lot

1) getting a hang of the timing of i-frames 

2) getting a hang of the “weight” of the movement with XSX fps performance 

3) judgement of character positioning and size of hit boxes 

all 3 massively help in beating Fromsoft games

Mah bro iz smokin good shiez. 

1. Who counts that?

2. Weight of the movement depends on the character you're building and equipments.. you're literally at first (mini) boss. Lol.. 

Consoles performance is far manageable than on PC. 

3. Will you fight the same boss all game or what? :lol:

None of these helps bro. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Mah bro iz smokin good shiez. 

1. Who counts that?

2. Weight of the movement depends on the character you're building and equipments.. you're literally at first (mini) boss. Lol.. 

Consoles performance is far manageable than on PC. 

3. Will you fight the same boss all game or what? :lol:

None of these helps bro. 

it actually helps. Here’s how -

1) I am not counting i-frames. I am getting used to the timing of i-frames. Timing - that’s the important bit

2) by weight, I don’t mean literal weight. Weight here means how responsive the character movement feels. 

I am very used to Tsushima and Halo right now. They have much different responsiveness or “weight” compared to Elden Ring movement 

I last played Halo @ 120fps and Taushima @ locked 60. It takes time to get used to uneven fps in XSX 

3) Tree looks a very standard training boss - a good practice of basics is important while starting a Fromsoft game