Elden Ring

Engineer

13 hours ago, 0verlord said:

TV has no VRR, it's a 2017 lg oled

quality mode is playable but not for precision playing, not jerky but more frames are desirable for precision

fps mode is smooth, no jerking, sufficient for precision play. Even though it's not locked 60, it's completely sufficient - we make too much cry for 60. I think even 45 is good for this pace of the game

Damn, am hearing VRR makes performance mode pretty smooth. 

Am tempted to backpack my Series S and test ride some displays. 

GOTG also has unlocked frame rate option.

12 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

Samehada! Time for some Kisame roleplayB) 

Had to look up who that was. And yeah, it's pretty close :lol:

cTBOG6T.jpg

----------------------------------

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I am okay with that ?

for example, Horizon Forbidden West has 2 discs, 1 disc is a cup coaster and the other is an entitlement token. I downloaded the whole 98gb from the internet ?

Thats because you got the ps4 version.  Ps5 version has the game on that version's disc.  Even I picked up the ps4 version cause it saves 1k and i dont mind downloading.

This is the easiest souls game. I have not farmed any runes or smithing stones nor have I followed any of the "Get OP early" routes. Just levelling up naturally as I explore new areas and dungeons. But I have not died to any of the last 4-5 bosses I've faced including Leonine Misbegotten, Runic Bear (big disappointing considering how awesome it looks), Erdtree avatar, Hero of Zamor evergoal and a few other dungeon mini bosses. I am just too over levelled by merely exploring new areas. Even things that should one shot me like lift spike traps or being stomped by the stone Mausoleum is being shrugged off like nothing.

Maybe I should press on with the main path instead of wandering around the world. At this point I am just going to play fashion souls and role play fictional characters instead of try-harding. Hopefully things kick up as I reach later areas. RIght now I'm lvl 41 and still exploring Limgrave and the Weeping peninsula. Do yourself an favour and don't level up beyond 30 until you move to Liurnia

Edited by Nikushimi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

PS4 Pro back compatability is 60 FPS on PS5 -

PS5 Disk users do not get PS4 SKU, so suggest to buy PS4 disc or digital so you can see both versions. There is a save transfer option, so one can switch to PS5 version and get going once the frame pacing is fixed.. 

Finally gave in :( 

PS4 Pro BC on PS5 is the way to go now runs butter smooth 60 FPS,

PS5 is a bit polished but jarring is quite noticeable when outdoors..  not much lost in visual quality >

PS5 >

17f49ae4fdd45-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS4 >

17f49ae949711-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS5 >

17f49ae6cfd64-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS4 >

17f49aea97686-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS5 >

17f49ae63d340-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS4 >

17f49ae9de73-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS5 >

17f49ae7bec64-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS4 >

17f49aeb3d983-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS5 >

17f49ae838561-screenshot-Url.jpg

PS4 >

17f49aebfb496-screenshot-Url.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Thats because you got the ps4 version.  Ps5 version has the game on that version's disc.  Even I picked up the ps4 version cause it saves 1k and i dont mind downloading.

Both PS4 and PS5 version prices are the same (Rs 3999) for Elden Ring (For both Digital and Physical). Where did you get that extra 1000 Rs savings from?

@Assassins Creed Welcome to the club!! I thought you weren't going to come till you finished Horizon 2 though.

Edited by roun90
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Finally gave in :( 

Weak, but good decision. 

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

PS4 Pro BC on PS5 is the way to go now runs butter smooth 60 FPS,

PS5 is a bit polished but jarring is quite noticeable when outdoors..  not much lost in visual quality >

I can see the difference in that images already, so drastic. 

On big screen OLED you can tell the huge difference. 

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

:rofl: Horizon 

Lol

Massive respect to Namco Bandai and From though. They have created truly magical games over the past years, and have not gone the Greedy Way unlike EA and Sony. Scarlet Nexus, Tales of Arise, and now Elden Ring - all top quality AAA games with free upgrades for both gens, and not a single mention of $70 charge.

Sony should really learn some lessons from them. Equalting Sony with EA is not something I thought I would ever have to do - and it's not a good thing at all.

Also, Elden Ring PS5 version is not so bad. Game  is still very stable and maintains FPS. You should just play the PS5 version. 

Edited by roun90

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

Weak, but good decision. 

I can see the difference in that images already, so drastic. 

On big screen OLED you can tell the huge difference. 

There is a polished appearance for sure, but framerates over that. If the PS5 gets patch for constant 60, nothing like it.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

How many bosses does this game have? :lol:

I'm still running around in Limgrave after 30+ hours and I've lost count of how many I've killed.

30 something story bosses and 500+ open world bosses :lol: 

• Haha 1

Found framerate to be jarring the first time i played, now however, the game is running quite smoothly with very rare dips n stutters in perf mode ps5

Dunno what happened but praise the sun it did 

Taking my sweet time relishing this masterpiece, am gonna make this journey last as long as i can 

Dont know when the next from game will come

We do have wukong to look forward to though 

I’m usually very sensitive to low frame rate induced nausea. I always choose perf mode over quality in all my games. But I’ve never had an issue with the frame drops in Elden Ring. I’ve had more an issue with the input lag and texture pop-ins. Other than that it’s a very playable and smooth experience.

6 minutes ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Found framerate to be jarring the first time i played, now however, the game is running quite smoothly with very rare dips n stutters in perf mode ps5

Dunno what happened but praise the sun it did 

Its mostly likely the input lag that gave you that sensation. Over time we get used to the delay.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Both PS4 and PS5 version prices are the same (Rs 3999) for Elden Ring (For both Digital and Physical). Where did you get that extra 1000 Rs savings from?

@Assassins Creed Welcome to the club!! I thought you weren't going to come till you finished Horizon 2 though.

I meant HFW, which is the game he quoted.

3 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

very sensitive to low frame rate

It is absolutely impossible to play in quality mode

I am becoming common fodder for bosses in quality mode 30fps

Fps mode is the only way to play this game 

quality mode to admire visuals in between bosses