PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

50 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

That Arkane is making Redfall under MS pressure. And have reached alpha stage in just 6 months after acquisition.

Cause MS wants everyone to make shooters.

Redfall development started before acquisition. .

Harvey Smith also working on new IP. Dont think its Redfall

https://wccftech.com/dishonored-co-creator-harvey-smith-is-now-working-on-a-new-project/

6 hours ago, AnK said:

Which was not comparable to Dishonoured series or now Deathloop in terms of critical acclaim or commercial popularity 

So watching Deathloop reviews & keeping your hopes high for Redfall is useless 

Prey was critical success but just like Dishonoured 2 game was a commercial failure. 

Redfall being Borderlands style doesn't mean it will not have that unique Arkane touch that makes their game bit different than other shooters.

34 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Dishonoured 2 game was a commercial failure. 

Yep. Such dumb logic. Arkane games are very niche and pretty new for a wider audience. Dishonored 1 and 2 along with DLC/expansion, PREY, and now Deathloop. All been fantastic games. 

Just because Redfall is under MS, doesn't mean it is already a bad/flop game. What a dumbarse thing to say. 

Arkane gameplay with looter shooter design is already a win. Just need to wait and see how they execute it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

That Arkane is making Redfall under MS pressure. And have reached alpha stage in just 6 months after acquisition.

Cause MS wants everyone to make shooters.

That's weirder. In developement for the past 5years and still in pre alpha stages with nothing but a CGI trailer??

Looks like the game is following ES6s development timeline. 

8 hours ago, AnK said:

Xbox camp have totally lost it 

or rather I should say the anti Sony camp 

they have no clue what they speak or what’s even making sense or not anymore 

They openly walk on multiple tangents of convenience to prove a point & twist all the words being spoken by others to interpreted what ever suits 

Just as I said 

Point me a post where anyone said that it’s a “Bad Game” 

Saying that it’s not as good as 9’s & 10’s of Dishonoured & Deathloop doesn’t equate to it being “Bad”

But please carry on……

6 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

most played via game pass. 

This might become a big problem for the industry going forward. 

No sales== dev costs don't get r ecouped== no new aa/aaa single player games== more mp content (cheaper) 

reason, we might not see psychonauts 3 :(

Edited by radicaldude

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

No sales== dev costs don't get r ecouped== no new aa/aaa single player games== more mp content (cheaper) 

Either you're really sh*t at analysis or you're warring. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's the latter.

Psychonauts 2 is also available on PS4/PS5 and last I checked those platforms don't have GamePass. So, you need to buy the game in order to play it. If it's not on the charts, it's not because of GP, it's because it didn't sell well regardless.

17 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Doesn't MS own the Psychonauts IP and DoubleFine? How does it even matter?

I am not a big fan of games as a subscription model myself. But the monetization debate is inconclusive at best since it's more a matter of how the game developers/publishers get paid for putting things day1 on gamepass vs how many copies it would have sold otherwise. 

22 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Either you're really sh*t at analysis or you're warring. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's the latter.

Psychonauts 2 is also available on PS4/PS5 and last I checked those platforms don't have GamePass. So, you need to buy the game in order to play it. If it's not on the charts, it's not because of GP, it's because it didn't sell well regardless.

It didn't come out on PlayStation platforms physically and it's clear that ps guys didn't get the game digitally. 

Either ways, it was a bad move 

1) day one on gp

2) digital only release. 

It took them 16 years to finish and launch this second part. Wonder if there would even be a third part. 

19 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Doesn't MS own the Psychonauts IP and DoubleFine? How does it even matter?

I am not a big fan of games as a subscription model myself. But the monetization debate is inconclusive at best since it's more a matter of how the game developers/publishers get paid for putting things day1 on gamepass vs how many copies it would have sold otherwise. 

The moot point is, how do Devs recoup their costs. Specially exclusives. 

Also spencer has claimed publically that GP increases sales. This seems like a false claim looking at games like psychonauts 2. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

It took them 16 years to finish and launch this second part. Wonder if there would even be a third part. 

The entire post is an oxymoron. The first didn't sell much and the 2nd took years to build even though there was no GP (or digital sales) back in the day and the game still got made regardless. Stop worrying so much, it'll kill you.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

And to your point regarding the 3rd part, they've concluded the story in P2 so there's anyways no need for a 3rd part. Double Fine can move onto other stuff now.

Edited by TRMNTR
Grammar