The Headphones Thread

dylanjosh

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Talking about Sony, Bose, wireless and audiophile in the same sentence :rofl:

:fear: To be fair there was Senn mentioned. Glass half full!

And those have semi-decent SQ though :fear:

11 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Talking about Sony, Bose, wireless and audiophile in the same sentence :rofl:

2 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

:fear: To be fair there was Senn mentioned. Glass half full!

And those have semi-decent SQ though :fear:

I mean the audiophile community has accepted wireless and embraced it since long now. Even on audiophile forums there are dedicated wireless sections and threads to discuss wireless options. Wireless is the most convenient of all the audio gear and has improved drastically over the years (specially the last 3-4 years). I mean I love my LetShure S12 Pro for listening to music but no way am I carrying them on a plane or train when Noise Cancellation is of prime importance. All the best listening to wired IEMs and enjoying the sound signature on a plane when there is a child crying next to you. 

48 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I mean the audiophile community has accepted wireless and embraced it since long now. Even on audiophile forums there are dedicated wireless sections and threads to discuss wireless options. Wireless is the most convenient of all the audio gear and has improved drastically over the years (specially the last 3-4 years). I mean I love my LetShure S12 Pro for listening to music but no way am I carrying them on a plane or train when Noise Cancellation is of prime importance. All the best listening to wired IEMs and enjoying the sound signature on a plane when there is a child crying next to you. 

Agreed also I think tht if some people want to sit and listen to different headphones then there's no reason not to

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

To my  ears, XM5 sounds artificial. There's this unnatural boost of highs, which feels like blade cutting through your skin. 

Yeah, I understand what you are saying.

Really depends on the user.

Bose is a great pick if someone is confused.

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Gonna make it very simple.

XM5 and QC45 are very, very close.

It's just upto taste. XM5 has better ANC (marginally) and maybe wider soundstage (again, marginally).

But the weight difference and distribution? Bose wins every, single day.

If you were headphones for long periods, Bose would be your choice.

What about momentum 4 or bose 700? My top priority is sound followed by ANC.

I do not know how much to trust these youtube reviews but everyone is picking momentum 4. It is going like 1) Momentum 4 2) Bose 700 3) Sony/QC45.

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

What about momentum 4 or bose 700? My top priority is sound followed by ANC.

I do not know how much to trust these youtube reviews but everyone is picking momentum 4. It is going like 1) Momentum 4 2) Bose 700 3) Sony/QC45.

I do not like 700 series.
QC series fits a lot better, so I will suggest 45s.

I have not checked Momentum 4s, but I do not think the difference will be much discernible. Maybe try them out first. 

Am I just imagining things or the AirPods Pro 2 noise cancellation is better than any other ANC headphones I’ve ever used?

Been using them from the last 3 weeks. The ANC feels much more effective than Sony XM4 and QC35. 

I’m not even listening to a lot of music… just using them as ear plugs outdoors and in office. 

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

Am I just imagining things or the AirPods Pro 2 noise cancellation is better than any other ANC headphones I’ve ever used?

Been using them from the last 3 weeks. The ANC feels much more effective than Sony XM4 and QC35. 

I’m not even listening to a lot of music… just using them as ear plugs outdoors and in office. 

For all the flak Apple gets, APP2 is magical. Godly ANC and even crazier transparency mode as there is zero AQ difference between ANC and transparency. 

BTW, most eadbuds will do better wrt ANC due to passive plugging of ear canal, but APP2 is leagues ahead of anything else in the market. 

How snappy is the APP switching from onw device to another? Almost instant, within 1 second, and you don't even need to press a button. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vamos said:

Apple knocked it out of the park with APP2. It is the earbuds to get if anyone has an iPhone. Period. 

44 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Buy Moondrop Space Travel or Lypertek Tevi/Z3

The ANC on the Moondrop Space Travel isn't great obviously nothing compared to Sony/Apple. Lypertek does not have ANC, I don't think anyone here is buying the earbuds just for the sound quality. Also, APP2 have done a great job with sound as well this time, will keep most people more than happy. I don't think people asking for recommendations here are looking for audiophile gear.