Secret Santa - 2013 Edition

abhi90

Hello friends.

Let me welcome you again to this year's iteration of Secret Santa 2013

With December closing in on us fast, it's time to get into the Christmas mood :dance::egyptian::hug:

What is Secret Santa?

Secret Santa, as the name suggests, involves everyone receiving a gift from their personal Santa (Which is unknown [secret] to the receiver until he/ she has received a gift).

The basic concept of Secret Santa is:

• Interested people should post their names here
  • After the dead-line for submitting names is over, I will hold a lucky-draw and assign a Secret Santa to every person
  • Every person then has about 2-3 weeks to scout and stalk their target, choose an appropriate gift and then courier it
  • The receiver should receive the gift just around the 25th of December i.e. Christmas
  • A Secret Santa should only reveal himself through the "Sent by" tag on the courier i.e. Every person should be in suspense as to who one's Secret Santa is and one should only come to know of the Santa's identity once the gift reaches them.

The charm of Secret Santa lies in secrecy, so please do all that you can to ensure that your identity stays hidden until your target gets his gift.

For the uninitiated, here's how Secret Santa works:

1) Every interested person has to read the OP and the guidelines carefully.
2) If you can adhere to the time-frame, then hop onto the bandwagon and post your names in this thread.
3) Send me a PM with your complete address along with your mobile number. The title should be descriptive, e.g: "Secret Santa 2013"
4) After the deadline for submitting names is over, I'll hold a lucky draw and every entrant will be assigned a target.
5) The person should send the gift to his designated target so that the recipient receives the gift just before Christmas.

Let there be two persons, A and B. If A is the Secret Santa of B, it does not necessarily mean that B is the Santa of A. Probability dictates that the probability of A being a Secret Santa of B and B being the Secret Santa of A is relatively minor. Most probably, a person will send a gift to someone and receive a gift from someone else.

Guidelines for Secret Santa:
1) This is all about the strong bond we share in the community
2) Please Don't tell anyone, even to people who aren't participating, the identity of your target for Secret Santa
3) It is preferable and makes the gift that extra bit sweet if the gift is a researched one and not a generic one
4) Gift-wrapping the gift along with a card is encouraged, but not mandatory
5) IMPORTANT: The gift should be NEW, whatever it is, it shouldn't be a used one
6) The gift should be chosen according to the person's likes or dislikes, do proper research before sending a gift.
7) Take appropriate measures so that your target gets his gift just before Christmas i.e. in the range of 21-24th December

8) Last date for registrations: 4th December 2013

Previous Iterations of Secret Santa:

This is for the fifth consecutive time that Secret Santa is being held in IVG, it was conducted my m-JeRi in the first year and I stepped in his shoes ever since.

Following are the links to the Secret Santa's held previously:

Secret Santa 2009
Secret Santa 2010
Secret Santa 2010 - Gifts Thread
Secret Santa 2011

Secret Santa 2012

Secret Santa 2012 - Gifts Thread

Tips for Secret Santa:

1. Login anonymously so that your target cannot go into his/her profile and see who has visited the profile recently and make a calculated guess of who their Secret Santa is.
  2. If you're really stumped and cannot finalize on an appropriate gift, then as a last resort PM ME and ONLY ME, I'll ask your target on your behalf, while maintaining your anonymity, as to what he/she would prefer.
  3. There's no price range for gifts, it's all about the happiness you can share with other IVGian

Please ensure that you will be 100% able to send a gift, we had two defaulters in the previous year and none of us would want such an incident to ever happen again.

Hall of Fame

I would like to thank foremost the people who have made Secret Santa such a success, I would like to thank all of the participants who have taken part in previous iterations of Secret Santa. Year wise, they are:

I would like to especially thank the people who have not only been a part of Secret Santa from the very start but have also taken part every year without fail, they are:

1. Aftrunner
  2. HundredProofSam
  3. KrackChap
  4. Sufyan
  5. Snake
  6. DevilsOwn

I apologize if I might have missed a couple of names, please notify me and I shall promptly do the needful.

Let's keep the tradition and make this Secret Santa successful.

Secret Santa 2012: GIFTS Thread

Feel free to post here/ PM me if you have any doubts.

Hope you all have a great Christmas this year.

Have never participated in one despite being around the last 2-3 times. Am not sure I'll be able to commit this time also, though I strongly want to, just not sure how much time I'll have to stalk people in December. Anyway, what are the deadlines?

Archived