Secret Santa - 2015

abhi90

Hello friends.

Come one, come all to this year's iteration of Secret Santa

santa.png

Welcome to the thread that celebrates spreading happiness :dance::egyptian::hug:

What is Secret Santa?

Secret Santa is a tradition in which volunteering members of our lovely community anonymously send gifts to a randomly chosen participating member

The basic flowchart of Secret Santa is:

• Interested people post their names in this thread
  • After the dead-line for submitting names is over, a random draw is held to assign a person(aka target) to every Santa
  • Every Santa then has about 2-3 weeks to scout & stalk their designated target, choose an appropriate gift and then send it
  • The designated target should (ideally) receive the gift just around the 25th of December i.e. Christmas
  • A Secret Santa should only reveal himself through the "Sent by" tag on the courier i.e. No one should know of the identity of their Secret Santa until they receive their gift

The key of a successful Secret Santa is secrecy, so please do all that you can to ensure that your identity stays hidden until your target receives his gift.

Want to take part? Here's what you've got to do:

1) Read this post and the guidelines carefully.
2) If you can adhere to the time-frame, post your names in this thread.
3) Send me a PM with your complete address along with your mobile number. The title should be ~ "Secret Santa 2015"
4) After the deadline for submitting names is over, "someone" will hold a lucky draw and you(i.e. the Santa) will be assigned a target.

5) Find out the likes and dislikes of your target and choose a suitable NEW gift for him.
6) You, Santa, will send the gift(s) to your designated target.

P.S: You should send your gifts so that your target will receive their gifts before Christmas. The closer to 25th, the better.

Let there be two persons, A and B. If A is the Secret Santa of B, it does not necessarily mean that B is the Santa of A (Probability dictates that A being the Secret Santa of B AND B being the Secret Santa of A is relatively minor). Most probably, a person will send a gift to someone and receive a gift from someone else.

Guidelines for Secret Santa:
1) This is all about the bond we share in the community
2) Please don't tell anyone, even to non-participants, the identity of your target
3) It is absolutely necessary (and makes the gift that extra bit sweet) that the gift is a well-searched one and not a generic one
4) Gift-wrapping the gift along with a card is encouraged, but not mandatory
5) IMPORTANT: The gift should be NEW. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be a used one
6) The gift should be chosen according to the person's likes or dislikes, do proper research before sending a gift.
7) Take appropriate measures so that your target gets his gift just before Christmas i.e. in the range of 21-24th December

Last date for registrations: 29th November 2015

Previous Iterations of Secret Santa:

This is for the seventh consecutive time that Secret Santa is being held within IVG, it was conducted my m-JeRi for the first year and I have stepped in his shoes ever since.

Following are the links to the previous Secret Santa threads:

Secret Santa 2009
Secret Santa 2010
Secret Santa 2010 - Gifts Thread
Secret Santa 2011

Secret Santa 2012

Secret Santa 2012 - Gifts Thread

Secret Santa 2013

Secret Santa 2013 - Gifts Thread

Secret Santa 2014

Secret Santa 2014 - Gifts Thread

Tips for Secret Santa:

1. Login anonymously. Doing so will help you be anonymous and your target cannot go into his/her profile and see your name in the "Latest visitors" list and make a calculated guess of who their Secret Santa is.
  2. If you're really stumped and cannot finalize on an appropriate gift, then as a last resort PM me and ONLY me. I'll ask your target on your behalf, while maintaining your anonymity, as to what he/she would prefer.
  3. There's no price range for gifts, it's all about the happiness you can share with other IVGian. To get a rough idea on the price of gifts being sent refer to the Secret Santa of yesteryears.

Please ensure that you will be 100% able to send a gift. We have had defaulters in the previous years and none of us would want such an incident to ever happen again.

Hall of Fame

I would like to thank, first and foremost, the participants who have made Secret Santa such a success that a lot of us look forward to this time of the year.

I would also like to especially thank the members who have been a part of every Secret Santa without fail, they are:

1. Aftrunner
  2. HundredProofSam
  3. KrackChap
  4. Sufyan
  5. Snake
  6. DevilsOwn

Feel free to post here/ PM me if you have any doubts.

Hope you all have a great Christmas this year.

I'm interested, but I want to know whether I can send steam keys as gifts. Since it's a digital gift receiver always complaint to IVG admins that I didn't send the gift becoz it has no proof(eg: Tracking Number). I want to know wat r the scam prevention methods on IVG

I'm interested, but I want to know whether I can send steam keys as gifts. Since it's a digital gift receiver always complaint to IVG admins that I didn't send the gift becoz it has no proof(eg: Tracking Number). I want to know wat r the scam prevention methods on IVG

some of them do......but it depends on if the guy/gal uses steam or uses PC for gaming

Not all members are PC gamers so if you will be sending steam games only then it won't be exactly relevant. We've never faced such issues about people lying about not receiving gifts since it's against the spirit of Secret Santa.

Screenshots of the gift being sent??

Archived