The Android Thread

pArth

Google Hangout reminds me of Maggi, how they removed a successful product to roll in a stupid new product, and lost the market hold. Gtalk will be back :P

No. Your other SIM becomes deactivated.

But simple solution is get a normal SIM which can be cut into Micro SIM instead of getting a Micro SIM directly. So if you cut the SIM into Micro SIM, keep the part that is cut safe. You can combine the Micro SIM with that cut part to use with older phones. No worries.

So if i cut a normal sim into micro sim, is there such a thing like this to make it work on normal phones ?

2009121017182227712.jpg

Well i guess this solves my query, but will it hold the sim tightly looks a bit loose

Well i guess this solves my query, but will it hold the sim tightly looks a bit loose

Works fine, have used something similar. Also depnds what kind of SIM slot you have, is it a lock tyoe or slide in type. In SLide in type if you make the micro sim fit properly no need of adapter. Do it all the time between iphone 4 and X8(Backup phone)

Yup. Slide in type will have no issues. No need of that adapter thing too. Just make sure you have the cut part and you can fit SIM easily in it.

Don't even need the cut part or adapter, just make the micro sim sit properly.

My SIM was very old (8 years old) so it couldn't be cut by that cutter as it would have resulted in those SIM lines being cut hence rendering it useless. So went to AirTel office and they replaced my SIM for 125 bucks. It got activated in half an hour.

125 bucks for a micro sim. thats ridiculous on airtel's part. I got mine free from vodafone within a day of request.

And yes those hangouts are crap. Gtalk was best.

I want different message tones for different apps like facebook, whatsapp, sms etc.

How can i do that in nexus 4?

Each application has a setting tab for that. It is very easy, e.g. in Whatsapp

Go into SETTINGS > Notifications > Change the notification tone according to message, broadcast and so on.

For SMS application

SETTINGS > Notification Tone (change tone)

For GTalk / Hangouts

SETTINGS > Sound (change tone)

Hope this helps, Cheers!

• Like 1

Each application has a setting tab for that. It is very easy, e.g. in Whatsapp

Go into SETTINGS > Notifications > Change the notification tone according to message, broadcast and so on.

For SMS application

SETTINGS > Notification Tone (change tone)

For GTalk / Hangouts

SETTINGS > Sound (change tone)

Hope this helps, Cheers!

When he says SETTINGS, he means settings for each individual app. Just to reiterate.