The Android Thread

pArth

Some really good tweaks in 4.2.2. But cant figure out anything major.

If you're talking about the One's 4.2.2 update, then yeah, nothing major but some much needed fixes/changes.

I don't have the update yet (damn you HTC America :angry: ), but based on the videos, I think the following are pretty good.

1. No black bar at the bottom, and swiping up from the bottom shows Google Now.

2. Battery% and Toggles by default. I don't have to install Power Toggles.

3. Option to turn off Facebook in the gallery.

4. Manual selection for Zoe Highlights video

5. One single file for Zoes instead of like 20 separate ones.

6. Fix for annoying duplication of icons when moving things in and out of the dock. Also, we can add icons to dock directly from the homescreen. Previously, we had to go to the app drawer to add icons to the dock.

Better late than never, HTC :good:

This is a full (as far as I can tell) changelog of Android 4.3. I've not seen anyone talk about some of these things, so I think I'm the only one to notice them so far.

- The clock in the status bar is now hidden on the lock screen when you have the clock widget on screen, like in 4.1 (4.2 broke this)
- The camera now only rotates the icons rather than the WHOLE damn UI when you turn the phone, so that it doesn't disrupt the picture taking experience, like in 4.1 (4.2 broke this as well).
- You can now take photos using volume keys in the Camera app.
- The Nexus 4 touchscreen now responds to MUCH lighter touches. This means that typing (esp. gesture typing) is now much much nicer.
- The dialer now has a T9 optional feature that can be enabled, so typing "366" will bring up all your contacts called "Dom" (like HTC Sense)
- Animations are definitely smoother. While not at Windows Phone or iOS levels just yet, the whole OS is much snappier.
- Google Keep is now a system app
- Many new Developer Options for optimising apps to 60FPS.
- Hidden Notification history in the settings.
- Bluetooth Low Energy support, and ability to stream song metadata over Bluetooth
- Possibly improved battery life: I noticed a 10% drain after 40 mins (screen on) of reddit/chrome/Google+ etc. That might have lasted 20-30mins before. I'll have to do some objective tests later.
- Possible WiFi, Bluetooth and Mobile Data fixes. I haven't experienced any of the quirky behavior that requires a reboot that was all too quirky in 4.2

EDIT M0ar:

- Dialer can now add pauses/waits
- The phone can now scan for WiFi based location info even when WiFi is off
- Notifications not immediately coming in over WiFi with the screen off has NOT been fixed. We have to wait for the new Radio for that.

Source: Google+ page via Reddit

Did the most stupid thing yesterday night :rant:

Trying to replace the whole panel/body of the phone, I pulled my Xperia Neo's front side panel, breaking a screw a screw holder, a thin film wire strip removed of its slot.
Panicked and fitted the whole thing back. Now, my phone, has no reaction to touch senses, overheats like crazy and stays that way, battery drains like 1% every minute. :wallbash:

Edited by Ram Dante

Trying to replace the whole panel/body of the phone, I pulled my Xperia Neo's front side panel, breaking a screw a screw holder, a thin film wire strip removed of its slot.

Panicked and fitted the whole thing back. Now, my phone, has no reaction to touch senses, overheats like crazy and stays that way, battery drains like 1% every minute. :wallbash:

wreckless winner of the year, :smokey:

j/k, get it to sony SC

Why would you even do that?

Same phone btw :cheers:

@iHoneyBadger, my current homescreen with your help,

141jz3s.png

Now if there was a way to disable the clock at the top right corner.

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1