The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

This one bro:

http://www.flipkart.com/vu-40k16-102-cm-40-led-tv/p/itmduh4jupmeqeqw?pid=TVSDUH4JUPMEQEQW&ref=L%3A-5227414227672742131&srno=p_1&query=vu+tv&otracker=from-search

The TV is not a head turner with design. But it's simple, with a really small bezel size. It has 3 HDMI slots, which is nice for me because I can connect all my devices at one. Two USB slots.

Now I tried a normal MKV video file, and it played the file. I didn't test it for all formats.

I'm impressed with the contrast, picture quality and brightness. It's pleasinng on all consoles I have: PS3, 360 and WiiU. One downer is that it doesn't auto detect if only one HDMI port is receiving input. So you have to manually change the input channel or remember which one you are using.

Here comes the really bad part of the review. I have never watched TV channels on this TV :P I use it as a second monitor for my PC (which it again does very satisfyingly), and a play TV with my consoles...nothing more. :P

Like I mentioned before, the sound quality is crap, but when I wall mounted it, the quality improved significantly (like 500%)...I don't know how that engineering works. But still, as you'd expect...it lacks base anyway. So you'll need to get good speakers...and it has the audio out...in case you require it. The remote is big with all necessary functionality and is fairlt straight forward to use.

I ordered it from flipkart. The installation and service was top notch professional.

That's all I get from the top of my mind. Let me know if you need any other specific detail. Unfortunately I cannot give you a comparative review because I did not compare this TV with any other side by side, like you'd expect in a showroom.

But this deal is better...it's actually a Hitachi TV inside (my graphics card reads its motherboard as Hitachi) and cost me 24,450. It's 24K now I think.

24 hazar main aur kya unki jaan lega ab :P

Saath main yeh laga le

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Philips-DSP475U-Soundbar-With-Wired-Subwoofer-Black-/321818725405?hash=item4aede40c1d

• Like 1

This one bro:

http://www.flipkart.com/vu-40k16-102-cm-40-led-tv/p/itmduh4jupmeqeqw?pid=TVSDUH4JUPMEQEQW&ref=L%3A-5227414227672742131&srno=p_1&query=vu+tv&otracker=from-search

The TV is not a head turner with design. But it's simple, with a really small bezel size. It has 3 HDMI slots, which is nice for me because I can connect all my devices at one. Two USB slots.

Now I tried a normal MKV video file, and it played the file. I didn't test it for all formats.

I'm impressed with the contrast, picture quality and brightness. It's pleasinng on all consoles I have: PS3, 360 and WiiU. One downer is that it doesn't auto detect if only one HDMI port is receiving input. So you have to manually change the input channel or remember which one you are using.

Here comes the really bad part of the review. I have never watched TV channels on this TV :P I use it as a second monitor for my PC (which it again does very satisfyingly), and a play TV with my consoles...nothing more. :P

Like I mentioned before, the sound quality is crap, but when I wall mounted it, the quality improved significantly (like 500%)...I don't know how that engineering works. But still, as you'd expect...it lacks base anyway. So you'll need to get good speakers...and it has the audio out...in case you require it. The remote is big with all necessary functionality and is fairlt straight forward to use.

I ordered it from flipkart. The installation and service was top notch professional.

That's all I get from the top of my mind. Let me know if you need any other specific detail. Unfortunately I cannot give you a comparative review because I did not compare this TV with any other side by side, like you'd expect in a showroom.

But this deal is better...it's actually a Hitachi TV inside (my graphics card reads its motherboard as Hitachi) and cost me 24,450. It's 24K now I think.

Thanks a lot bro for the info.

Yes, i have a request. Can you play some blu-ray movies and even some Tv channel for 10-15 mins and see how that looks?

Thanks a lot bro for the info.

Yes, i have a request. Can you play some blu-ray movies and even some Tv channel for 10-15 mins and see how that looks?

Now, I can try Blu Ray movies bro...but I cannot unfortunately play TV channels because I have the TV setup in my room, and we have cable connections (CABLE - sub SD) for two other TVs in two other rooms. I don't want to screw with my folks' TV serials :fear:

Thanks again bro. I will be leaving home soon. I actually bought the TV thinking I could buy it cheap and sell it for a reasonable price. But everyone in our family are is so impressed with it, we decided to keep it.

I'll get the sound bar. Dad will be happy! :D

Edited by devil_angel

Now, I can try Blu Ray movies bro...but I cannot unfortunately play TV channels because I have the TV setup in my room, and we have cable connections (CABLE - sub SD) for two other TVs in two other rooms. I don't want to screw with my folks' TV serials :fear:

Thanks again bro. I will be leaving home soon. I actually bought the TV thinking I could buy it cheap and sell it for a reasonable price. But everyone in our family are is so impressed with it, we decided to keep it.

I'll get the sound bar. Dad will be happy! :D

Set the resolution on TV at 720p, play a blu ray or play a 720p rip with the tv set to 720p as well. Quality will pretty much determine how HD tv channels will look. SD channels are history anyway :P

Alright folks....went to the local showroom. Got the following deals.

Samsung UA40J5100 @ 43k

LG 42LB5610 @42k

Flipkart has it for 1-2k less, but I'd rather buy from the showroom. Can haggle to get it down to almost FK prices

Choose whichever you feel has the best picture quality. Take some 1080p movies with you in your usb pen drive and play it on both the tvs. See which tv gives better quality and decide based on that. Also take some standard definition videos to test which tv has better upscaling of standard definition content.

Alright folks....went to the local showroom. Got the following deals.

Samsung UA40J5100 @ 43k

LG 42LB5610 @42k

Flipkart has it for 1-2k less, but I'd rather buy from the showroom. Can haggle to get it down to almost FK prices

Guys need help ASAP.

The showroom guy advised me of a new model (2015) to the one that i was going to buy. Its LG 42lb560T.

It says Slim LED, is this backlit LED or edge lit LED??

Getting mixed info on both TVs ( LG 42LF560T and 42LB5610).

Some say it's Direct Lit some say it Edge lit.

Where's Athekwa and the rest when you need em'?

Which one is better ? Suggestions plz.. :-)

www.flipkart.com/vu-50k160gp-127-cm-50-led-tv/p/itme47yackqjyy7v?pid=TVSE47Y8YVZRNPVZ&cmpid=content_television_vizury_rmkt_fb&utm_content=524104322

www.flipkart.com/onida-leo5000f-125-73-cm-50-led-tv/p/itmdx24hfrqpgbe2?q=Onida+LEO5000F+125.73+cm+%2850%29+LED+TV&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=p_1_onida+50&pid=TVSDX249EP3EHQXF

Are these micromax and vu tv's any good ?

How is that there price is so less compared to others ?

Cos they don't blow half of there earnings in advertising and sponsoring crap

• Like 2

Some people have had good experiences with VU here. Don't know about Onida. It has same letters as in Noida so take it for what it's worth.

Yeah more inclined to Vu. But from the past week they dont deliver to chennai coz stock out at Bangalore hub :-(

Go with the VU, have heard many good reviews about them...But have not seen them though...Have you seen them in a showroom??

Have seen them around 5 yrs back in chroma when they just started. Since then havent seen em in any showrooms here. Have goot good reviews in all internet so far..

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread