The Careers Thread

MarketTantrik

• 1 month later...

Shortlisted for Undergraduate programmes in VIT (BSC Multimedia and Animation/B.COM Computer Applications). We may also get transferred to Hyderabad this month, so not quite sure where to join. Never stayed in a residential school before. So, confused! :unsure:

Anyways, do BSC and Bcom have good scope in India? How are the job opportunities? Which programme is better?

Edited by ToxicPanda0513

not sure whether to go for ECE branch in engg, or do BCOM :( need help

That comparison doesn't make any sense.... First q you should be asking yourself is - what are you interested in tech/commerce ? Edited by Ne0

Hmm I'm confused :( bcom with CA will take almost 5 years but bcom might be easy compared to engineering. Can't decide anything :fear1: I still donno what I'm interested in

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by Archit

^From what i heard VIT bcom and bsc are cash grab programs. Btech in CSE in some well known Hyderabad colleges should be better than those. I'd recommend going for btech, if want to play safe.

Don't take my word for it though ask someone you know personally to get more accurate info

• Like 1

^From what i heard VIT bcom and bsc are cash grab programs. Btech in CSE in some well known Hyderabad colleges should be better than those. I'd recommend going for btech, if want to play safe.

Don't take my word for it though ask someone you know personally to get more accurate info

Well, I am a commerce student, so not eligible for Btech. Anyways, thanks!

Hmm I'm confused :( bcom with CA will take almost 5 years but bcom might be easy compared to engineering. Can't decide anything :fear1: I still donno what I'm interested in

If you take bcom, then you are narrowing down your chances.

Hmm if I take bcom and can't complete CA in few years, I would be jobless :( I guess that won't be the case with ECE engg.

They both are complete opposites. If you choose BCom, and then decide you don't like it, you have already wasted time and money. Same for Engg. Decide what you want first.

Answer this, where do you see yourself 10 years from now? What was your aim in say 5th-6th std?

Edit:

This is India. Huge population. You don't always get jobs in fields you like. Its better to be job oriented than goal oriented. I hated my education, but love my job.

Oh, well.

Good luck to him, I guess.

Edited by Heaven Angel

First, not everyone in the world figures out what they wanna do with their lives after finishing their school. If you dont know what you are interested in just go for the option which gives best opportunities. Once you start your education you will be able to find something you like down the line.

Dont ever choose things based on which is easy or hard.. Those opinions are baseless and often misleading. Engineering and CA are complete different things, saying engineering is harder than CA is like saying cricket is harder than baseball.

Cut to the chase - I'd suggest ECE, or CSE or any engineering field. Engineering is versatile and there are full of opportunities. With the growing technological needs in society there will never be lack of jobs. Everyday lots of startups are being popped out and for every successful startup there will be thousands of jobs following it.

Hard? Definitely no. Its just as hard as any thing you did till now, math or chemistry or history or debating about which console is better. Once you go to college and suit yourself in the flow, you wont even think weather its hard or easy anymore.

Edited by KyoyaHibari
  • Like 4