Dragon's Dogma

playstation

I dont think its gonna be an RPG in the true sense of the word. I am guessing some background elements like inventory, stats, items and upgrading stuff whilst the combat is more real time. Damage dealt etc depends on your level.

Like I said, Monster Hunter for the current gen. Could be great if its done right. Looks lovely anyway.

I dont think its gonna be an RPG in the true sense of the word. I am guessing some background elements like inventory, stats, items and upgrading stuff whilst the combat is more real time. Damage dealt etc depends on your level.

Like I said, Monster Hunter for the current gen. Could be great if its done right. Looks lovely anyway.

yea agreed

MHFU is one of the best in psp

a co-op style MH on ps3 would be really cool if done well

The combat animations look very rigid. Must be an RPG. :giggle:

Despite the fact that this is an open-world fantasy game in the vein of the Elder Scrolls series, it's not a role-playing game; rather, it's a frenetic sword-and-sorcery action game. Thus, leveling up and rolling invisible dice take a back seat to using quick reflexes and clobbering the ever-loving snot out of anything unfortunate enough to get caught in your way.

Full gamespot preview

no i meant like clicky, clunky combat like rpgs ala dragon age. Mass effect is pretty much a shooter with some rpg elements; have no idea about skyrim but it looks more combaty than your standard D&D.

again, just a personal opinion.

+100

Also, OMG JHONNY QUEST :puspa:

AFAIK DS was a sequel/succesor to some other PS2 game. Kings something or the other.

Monster hunter doesnt really need a spiritual successor. Its an ongoing franchise thats still making great games and is selling them by the millions.

Edit King's Field was the name.

So Monster hunter for the PS360?

That was my first thought as well.

You can't really define an RPG nowadays tbh. The genre is really convoluted.

This!

Thank goodness we still have companies like CD Projekt Red and Piranha Bytes.

• 4 weeks later...

FIGHTER

Equipped with sword and shield, fighters are good at close-range combat. Their powerful bodies are also weapons.

001edy6.jpg

002fgmk.jpg

0037efq.jpg

STRIDER

Striders move with acrobatic speed and agility. They're skilled at long range attacks using their bow.

004ncpt.jpg005ycvn.jpg

0094cnv.jpg

MAGE

Mages use their mysterious powers to call upon magic to face off against demons. Depending on the situation, you'll need to consider such things as casting time and elemental.

007cf2l.jpg

008vhz5.jpg

006of69.jpg

Other pics

2132446268_full0nje.jpg

2132446267_fullmugs.jpg

2132446266_fullruul.jpg

2132446265_fullxu1a.jpg

2132446264_full7n34.jpg

2132446263_fullhu2u.jpg

2132446262_fullunzq.jpg

2132446261_full0uav.jpg

2132446260_full2uqe.jpg

2132446259_fullnnwj.jpg

2132446258_fullnnx9.jpg

2132446257_fullmuyy.jpg

2132446256_full6uvo.jpg

i am really loving the game from what i have seen till now....it seems to have many diverse characters and enemies...something like castlevania ....along with nice gameplay kinda -sotc style......really looking forward to it.....if things go well with reviews and all...may even buy limited edition of it....have the feeling it will be worth collecting ....

Archived