~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Looking forward to WandaVision as well. I don't mind weekly. Something to discuss and look forward every week.

I miss Cobra Kai already...watched in 1 sitting. Now nothing to watch and too soon for re-watch. 

"Cobra Kai" can be great again, however, if the writers ditch the old scripts and pave a path that isn't paved with stale (if good) memories. That's worked for plenty of series adaptations of films whose makers take advantage of TV's expansiveness to produce an altogether different and more profound experience.

"Fargo" is both a tribute to the Coen Bros.' original creation and very much an original vision. There's one. "Westworld" is pretty great. 

LOL

What a terrible review. Why should Cobra Kai move forward? The whole show is build over nostalgia of corny flicks and actually does a very good job maintaining that. 

What began as a tribute to an adored film franchise remolded to explore broader discussions about fatherhood, toxic masculinity, partisanship and the perils of living in the past has become a wayback machine stuck in a loop.

Those were all parts of Karate Kid too... 

The kids are alright until they're not. Eventually a few of them go full psycho, including former geek Hawk 

That's how kids are...especially bullies. 

Basically every episode of "Cobra Kai" is a remix of the original films in some way, and that isn't doing it any favors. 

That is why the show is awesome... We don't need another "we know how to make a show without using original stuff" and fail miserably. 

Cobra Kai S03
6/10

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/10/cobra-kai-season-4-end/

This review basically sums up what i thought of this season. The show doesn't know how to move forward. Its a huge dip in quality compared to S01. 
"Cobra Kai" can be great again, however, if the writers ditch the old scripts and pave a path that isn't paved with stale (if good) memories. That's worked for plenty of series adaptations of films whose makers take advantage of TV's expansiveness to produce an altogether different and more profound experience.
"Fargo" is both a tribute to the Coen Bros.' original creation and very much an original vision. There's one. "Westworld" is pretty great. 

LOL

What a terrible review. Why should Cobra Kai move forward? The whole show is build over nostalgia of corny flicks and actually does a very good job maintaining that. 

What began as a tribute to an adored film franchise remolded to explore broader discussions about fatherhood, toxic masculinity, partisanship and the perils of living in the past has become a wayback machine stuck in a loop.

Those were all parts of Karate Kid too... 

The kids are alright until they're not. Eventually a few of them go full psycho, including former geek Hawk 

That's how kids are...especially bullies. 

Basically every episode of "Cobra Kai" is a remix of the original films in some way, and that isn't doing it any favors. 

That is why the show is awesome... We don't need another "we know how to make a show without using original stuff" and fail miserably. 

That review did not get it right. But Season 3 was the weakest amongst the 3 seasons, doesn't mean it was bad just that the 1st and 2nd season were better.

17 hours ago, Mizanurification said:

This review basically sums up what i thought of this season. The show doesn't know how to move forward. Its a huge dip in quality compared to S01. 

The show is about nostalgia, ideology (which they did super well with kreese backstory) and of course Karate. Nobody is looking for international karate competition.

Edited by hazard12345

I just had higher expectations, I guess. S01 was a masterpiece and I haven't even seen the original Karate Kid. Maybe the nostalgia is adding to the experience of you guys who liked this season more. I get it.

Overall the season was weak and filled with cringe plot points. Hawks transformation was similar to Daenaerys flipping in GoT, abrupt and poor writing. Paralysis got cured by going to a rock concert instead of actual physical training. :rofl:

And talking about tournament, S04 is gonna be all about that. Not really excited much anymore.

Edited by Mizanurification

59 minutes ago, Snake said:

Is it good???

added to my watch list

Depends. It is not laugh track comedy type or rom-com and all. It is more of a lighthearted, family comforting show with comedy bits. 

I like it very much. This is my 4th run. 

13 hours ago, Masterjack said:

In recent times I have started taking a liking towards this show as well.seems to be lighthearted comedy .

Iam on season 1 though . 

It stays like that. Never gets super serious nor tries to go out of their original idea. The show stays lighthearted throughout. ?

This quote from IGN's review of the show has piqued my interest. Think I'll give it a watch soon.

Imagine an R-rated, blood-soaked National Treasure directed by Guillermo del Toro, and you'll have some idea of what to expect coming into this daring and dramatic religious fantasy horror series.

• Like 1